trying to make a Wych Cult list

Dusktiger

so as an early xmas gift, i got a copy of Gangs of Commoragh, which led me to sit down and try to hash out a 1000pt list to make out of them and the existing cult models i had from my Ynnari list near the end of 7th.

here's what i came up with, loosely picking out the wargear for the stuff in the Gangs' box to go with what i have:

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [48 PL, 979pts] ++
Faction Keyword Filter: <Kabal>, <Wych Cult>

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 72pts]: Splinter pistol <this i haven't made yet; going to use either spare bodies from my venom and raider kits, or maybe the 10th model in the unassembled wych box set to kitbash it>

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [7 PL, 125pts] <this unit isnt built yet, only have a few models assembled, so it has some flex>
. 7x Hekatrix Bloodbrides
. Hekatrix Bloodbride with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets
. Syren: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [9 PL, 170pts]
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 9x Hellion

Reavers [5 PL, 114pts]: Grav-Talon <had one of these prior, and this how it was built, minus the blaster; ill swap a basic guy for a blaster guy out of the 6 i gotta build>
. Arena Champion: Agoniser
. Reaver
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster

Reavers [5 PL, 114pts]: Grav-Talon
. Reaver

Reavers [5 PL, 114pts]: Grav-Talon
. Reaver

+ Dedicated Transport +  <both transports are already built as-is>

Raider [6 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Venom [4 PL, 95pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Total: [48 PL, 979pts] ++

I've long thought the Fast Attack options for DE were good, though I don't have any experience with them yet. It'll be glass cannon++ but if you can manoeuvre right it could be mitigated. I think that given the frail nature of most DE numbers is your best safety - along with hitting quickly and hard to make sure the enemy don't have numbers ;)

true, though in most cases, DE are glass cannons regardless of what unit you look at.  i think the important thing with them is to focus on the models you like and have fun with it, instead of getting bent about stuff dying on the table. 

one of the things i wanna try and do is make the different units be in different colors to represent that its a coterie of different gangs and cults coming together to go on a raid.  Since some of it was already built and used in my Ynnari force in 7th, a portion of it is already painted red (mostly the Kabal elements).  So the reavers i have an idea to do in black with red body plating, on bikes that'll have red on the body of the bike around the seat with the rest of the bike black, with the arena champions having more red than black to tie them together with the Ynnari stuff.

The 10 hellions i wanna do a different color, but haven't decided on what yet.  any suggestions you guys might have on that would be great.  I do have a spray can each of Averland Sunset, and The Fang which i was thinking might be good colors.  Maybe The Fang on the hellions on the armoured areas?

the Wyches will be black suits, with the armoured bits being red, and the harder armour points being golds. 

Once i get a test mini in the reivers and the wyches fully painted, i'll post pics of what i'm going for.

Indeed, the core to enjoying any army I think :) Plus until DE get a codex no point in worrying too much about how competitive you are, as the index is just DE lite! I like the sounds of the colours and gangs should work nicely, so looking forward to seeing the pictures :tu:

• 2 weeks later...