=] The Boxing Day Bash 2017 [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_6285_311440.png

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword's 2nd Annual Boxing Day Bash, the premise is simple; Build, Paint, and Base 1 (or more) model/s in 24hrs.

The Rules are as follows;

• Build, paint, and base one (or more) models.
  • 24hr limit, determined by the time of Participants "Vow" post. Everybody gets 24hrs starting at any time on THEIR local Boxing Day.
  • "Completion" standard set by Participant.
  • Each Vow made for the Participants sub/forum of choice.
  • Each completion earns one point for building the model/s, two points for building AND painting the model/s, and a total of three points for building AND painting, AND basing their model/s within the 24hr time period.
  • A fourth point will be awarded for multiple models completed within the 24hrs time period.
  • Two pictures are required, one picture of the bitz or sprue, and one of the completed model/s.
  • Primed bitz/sprue will be accepted.
  • Individual points can be earned for completing any one of the three criteria.
  • Sub-assemblies will be accepted for larger models.

Please post your vows here, in this thread with the following format,

I, {insert your name}, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base {insert unit/s here} for the honour of the {insert your sub-forum} within the 24hrs time limit.

You can signify your participation by adding one of the following badges to your signature if you so desire,

gallery_48988_11572_25584.png gallery_48988_11572_3094.png

There will be other badges awarded at the conclusion of the event.

Have fun, lets see some cool models.

Edited by Grotsmasha

Here we go, I'm off to work, so this a place-holder until I get home as there's a slight chance I'll finish late tonight. *IF* I finish work late I won't have time to finish proper. All that's left is letting the Ironearth dry, dry brushing it and re doing the bases rim.

gallery_48988_11572_777309.jpg

And it begins....

I, Valaas, vow for the glory of the Raven Guard 4th Company to build, paint and base a converted Raven Guard Chaplin within the 24 hour time limit.

Starter Pic.

IMG 20171207 004029

Components from the following:

- Blood Angel Chaplin
- Assault Squad sprue
- Shadow Captain Korvydae
- Honour Guard
- Legion of the damned Legionaire

Cheers,
Valaas

I, MajorNese, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Base and (if basecoating becomes possible) paint 2 grav cannon devastators for the honour of the Raven Guard within the 24hrs time limit.

Currently weather is too bad for basecoating, therefore I can't say if painting becomes possible later.

devs6op79.jpg

Good thing I didn't count on finishing on time....2hrs late, sadly not a record though.

Just for next year, how fast would be a record? ;-)

Assuming no one tops your time this year, faster than 4hrs 12min. Rashbold held the previous fastest time from 2015 at 5hrs 45mins.

Good thing I didn't count on finishing on time....2hrs late, sadly not a record though.

Assuming no one tops your time this year, faster than 4hrs 12min. Rashbold held the previous fastest time from 2015 at 5hrs 45mins.

Oh cool! I thought your comment about no record was directed at me. So then next year I will have to work faster.

I, MajorNese, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Base and (if basecoating becomes possible) paint 2 grav cannon devastators for the honour of the Raven Guard within the 24hrs time limit.

Done. Got dry enough the afternoon to basecoat, now I can use these guys in tomorrow's game.

img_3976aseriy.jpg

img_3977aqzrfp.jpg

Right, took longer than I hoped because I couldn't do this on a phone...

The Three-fold vow of Gross Overconfidence!

I, Wargamer, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint a Fourth Company Supernovan Space Marine for the honour of the Space Marine forum within the 24 hours time limit.

I, Wargamer, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint a Fourth Company Supernovan Female Space Marine, mostly to piss off the Space Marine forum, within the 24 hours time limit.

I, Wargamer, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint a Fourth Company Supernovan Devastator Space Marine for the honour of the Space Marine forum within the 24 hours time limit.

gallery_67085_13553_696486.jpg

Oh cool! I thought your comment about no record was directed at me. So then next year I will have to work faster.

Sadly, it is a reference to my finishing late at work.