=] The Boxing Day Bash 2017 [=

Grotsmasha

Late in the Boxing Day for me, but here we go. I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch of the Dawn Blades and the Naculan Dynasty vow ten Necron warriors, one 1d4chan-style deathmark emerging from a hyperspace oubliette, and two scarab bases, for the Glory of the Naculan Dynasty and the honor of the Necron subforum. 

*deep inhale, then exhale* Alright, let's do this. *cracks knuckles*

Boxing Day 2017 Vow  very ambitious Min

Due to working most of the day today, I am making my vow late, but we shall prevail!  I vow to paint Brother Duriel of the Dark Angels, undergoing his vigil with the Deathwatch Watch Fortress of Fort Pykman.

Brother Duriel

edit:  Forgot to mention, this is for the glory of the Inquisition, and redacted!
Edited by TheBlackPumpkin

I, Semper Fortis, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a VIIth Legion

Legion Praetor for the honour of the Imperial Fists within the 24hrs time limit.

It's 21:30 US central time, so a late in the day vow. This may be a build & base due to the weather 15 Edited by Semper Fortis

I'm going to try my best, but am in a weird place, so I apologise for any failure on my part, but I'd better get it out here before the day is over.

I, Kinstryfe, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a warrior of the IXth, for the honour of the Imperium Secundus, our Emperor Sanguinius, Lord Guilliman, and The Lion within the 24hrs time limit.

Welp, it looks like it'll be mostly a post Boxing Day Bash for me, but anyways...

I, Soldier of Dorn, accept the challenge presented by the Boxing Day Bash and vow to build, paint and base a warrior of the VII Legion for the honor of the Imperial Fists subforum, and my primarch Dorn before 21:23 PST, 27 December 2017.

med_gallery_78067_12186_213264.jpg

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

Well this has been surprisingly fun. One question though - should I post individual pictures for each challenge, or just post a single picture of all three models in whatever state they're in when I tap out?

One post, individual pics if you can please :tu:

I, Semper Fortis, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a VIIth Legion

Legion Praetor for the honour of the Imperial Fists within the 24hrs time limit.

It's 21:30 US central time, so a late in the day vow. This may be a build & base due to the weather 15° F (-9° C) tonight and won't get above freezing tomorrow. It may be too cold in my little studio for painting.

Edit: tried to upload the before picture but my Internet keeps messing up. Will keep trying.

Post both pics together if you need to :tu:

I'm going to try my best, but am in a weird place, so I apologise for any failure on my part, but I'd better get it out here before the day is over.

I, Kinstryfe, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a warrior of the IXth, for the honour of the Imperium Secundus, our Emperor Sanguinius, Lord Guilliman, and The Lion within the 24hrs time limit.

Post whatever progress you make, and you get at least partial points. Also, AoD forum for your vow?

Reinforcements for the Chapter have arrived! Building these guys was a learning experience... for example, I've learned how glad I am to still have some Mk IV Heavy Bolters left!

Vow the First:

gallery_67085_13553_274912.jpg

I know he's nothing special, but this is my first pure Corvus Marine - every piece correct, and even the boltgun is an old-school pattern! This is how my Chapter was always meant to look in my head. It's only taken a decade to actually get it represented on the tabletop, but it finally happened!

Vow the Second:

gallery_67085_13553_11407.jpg

I hate painting hair. She was meant to be blonde, but it turned out slightly green so she got a sudden injection of Scottish ancestry. Next time, I'll stick to Abaddon Black!

Vow the Third:

gallery_67085_13553_208776.jpg

The more I look at this guy, the more things I spot that I need to go back and fix... but my aim was to paint up to tabletop standard so I'm calling him done. I can always go back to him later. :P

So, I guess AoD forum makes sense for an Imperium Secundus Marine. The inspiration for him started like so many projects do: I've bought at least 5 (maybe more) boxes of Sanguinary Guard just for the MkIV jump packs, so I have an annoyingly large stockpile of Blood Angels specific bits.

U0vsmgE.jpg

The concept behind this particular Astartes is that he is a Blood Angel stationed on Macragge during the reign of Emperor Sanguinius. I used blue as a spot color throughout, including trim on one shoulder and honor markings on his lighting claw, to tie him in with my Ultramarines who are essentially blue with red spot coloring. In my mind he spent some time stationed as planetary defense for Macragge, so carries a mix of Blood Angels and Ultramarines honors. I also wanted to pay homage to some of the classic studio painted "Eavy Metal" BAs, with almost orange armor, yellow weapons, and cheques.

Pics are a little blurry as they were taken at 7am. The base will eventually be replaced with something much more grandiose, but the curing time for putty and glue is too long to pull off in one day.

Q497AWS.jpg

cxP0B2o.jpg

JdvFQDV.jpg

Finished. Guess I really can paint faster than I thought. Please be gentle with any c&c, it surely isn't my best effort. There is still plenty to do on him. Oh, and let's all pretend that he's standing on slushy snow. The pumice just wasn't dry.

gallery_86689_11936_573345.jpg

Okay, up against the wire, but I'm done. 

Boxing Day bash 2017 End photo Min

Ten Warriors, one deathmark emerging from a hyperspace oubliette, and two scarab swarms. 

*phew*

Hopefully counts as based; faux rocks and Valhallan Blizzard is the most advanced I've gotten with basing.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Just before the xenos swarms overran the last of the hastily erected trenches, Brother Duriel of the Deathwatch appeared, his assault cannon pouring molten fire into the creatures, pushing them back.

20171227 215326

20171227 215302

20171227 215248

I haven't found a Dark Angels transfer sheet, so I am calling him done. :smile.:

I added a few extra bits (such as ammo :sweat: ) as I went, and I discovered that the Dark Angel pad I had grabbed was actually a power armor pad, but otherwise all the bits I wanted worked!

Edited by TheBlackPumpkin

gallery_48988_11572_7911.png

First of all, I would like to thank the 12 brave Frater who embarked on this Boxing Day challenge,

11 of which managed to complete their Vows, and bring honour to their Forums,

It was a close fought battle, but...

...the might of the Codex Chapters have secured the Victory.

Please join me in congratulating

the Codex: Space Marines Forum !!!!!!

Below we have the points/Forum breakdown, and everyone's Completion times,

Age of Darkness - 9pts

Jorim - Completed 4hrs 12mins - 3pts

Kinstryfe - Completed 8hrs 27mins - 3pts

Semper Fortis - Completed 9hrs 58mins - 3pm

Chaos - 3pts

radionausea - Completed 7hrs 31mins - 3pts

Codex: Space Marines - 15pts

Wargamer - Completed 14hrs 37mins - 4pts

Imperial Fists - 0pts

Soldier of Dorn - DNF

Raven Guard - 7pts

Valaas - Completed 18hrs 51mins - 3pts

MajorNese - Completed 10hrs 19mins - 4pts

Ultramarines - 4pts

Ultra kblock - Completed 23hrs 37mins - 4pts

Dark Angels - 6pts

Grotsmasha - Completed 13hrs 3mins - 3pts

Master Sheol 129am-1253am - Completed 23hrs 24mins - 3pts

Inquisition - 3pts

TheBlackPumpkin - Completed 23hrs 29mins - 3pts

Xenos - 4pts

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - Completed 23hrs 50mins - 4pts

...and now onto the Awarding of the Badges, if I've missed anyone, please let me know,

Maybe Next Year -

gallery_48988_11572_12997.png

Soldier of Dorn

Completed -

gallery_48988_11572_14538.png

Kinstryfe,

Semper Fortis,

Grotsmasha,

Master Sheol

Victory!!! -

gallery_48988_11572_4635.png

Wargamer,

Valaas,

MajorNese,

Ultra kblock

Fastest -

gallery_48988_11572_13725.png

Jorim

Longest -

gallery_48988_11572_12803.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Artificer -

gallery_48988_11572_20019.png

radionausea,

TheBlackPumpkin,

Valaas,

Ultra kblock

Seriously -

gallery_48988_11572_19188.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch for painting a whole squad, and then some...

Looking forward to The Boxing Day Bash 2018, hoping to see you all there...

Edited by Grotsmasha