Death of Hope: heresy fan short full trailer

helterskelter

Thank you for this version, Black Orange. I really wasn't interested in creating a YouTube account just to watch this video.

It was great, even if I didn't understand a single word beyond "my baby!" (I'm not a native English speaker). Incidentally, the whole part with the mother and her child made me laugh. Call me heartless, but it struck me as plucking one of the the lowest-hanging fruits to make something look tragic. I was pleasantly surprised the video didn't show them croaking.

I reiterate, this is a great trailer, worthy of much praise. I still like the introductions to the two Dawn of War video games better though, strangely. Maybe because they feel less busy?

Best cinematic to date. Only complaint I have was the sound of the voices, they were very soft amidst the background music. Also there were some scenes where the world eaters looked a little mixed up with the ultramarines, which given the blue trim of the world eaters, is actually quite feasible to mistake for.

They should also mix some bolter shots and steel clanging in certain parts, otherwise the violence just seems too muted although that is the intention to convey the gravity of the situaiton even without sound. Or maybe the stomping of the Contemptor or Cataphractii UM.

Very pleased, wish i could have helped.

I always want more weightiness to movement in these things, but then I hesitate to imagine how difficult it'd be to achieve that whilst preserving the insane speed of the Astartes.

In power armour, the Astartes move quite fluidly which I think is fair. The only ones which looks cumbersome is the Cataphractii and the Contemptor, which I believe the videos captures just enough of the ungainliness of terminator and dreadnought armour.

Amazing, amazing work. I love the speed of the Astartes, because that's how they're supposed to be. They're not slowed down by their armour, or hindered by it. What they've done in this trailer makes them look superhuman, and I love it, and can't wait for the whole thing to drop.

<snip> Incidentally, the whole part with the mother and her child made me laugh. Call me heartless, but it struck me as plucking one of the the lowest-hanging fruits to make something look tragic. </snip>

I can't remember exactly, but I'm almost certain there's an Heresy short story that's exactly this. It's set during the Shadow Crusade, possibly even on Armatura, and it follows a mother trying to get her relatively young baby out of a warzone where giants are trying to kill each other and aren't overly mindful of the collateral damage, so there's every change that this is, at least in part, based on that short, or possibly just referencing it.

I always want more weightiness to movement in these things, but then I hesitate to imagine how difficult it'd be to achieve that whilst preserving the insane speed of the Astartes.

In power armour, the Astartes move quite fluidly which I think is fair. The only ones which looks cumbersome is the Cataphractii and the Contemptor, which I believe the videos captures just enough of the ungainliness of terminator and dreadnought armour.
See, it's not a matter of them looking cumbersome so much as lending them a bit more heft, which is more a matter of depicting the environment around them. Like I say, a difficult balance. Edited by bluntblade

Amazing, amazing work. I love the speed of the Astartes, because that's how they're supposed to be. They're not slowed down by their armour, or hindered by it. What they've done in this trailer makes them look superhuman, and I love it, and can't wait for the whole thing to drop.

<snip> Incidentally, the whole part with the mother and her child made me laugh. Call me heartless, but it struck me as plucking one of the the lowest-hanging fruits to make something look tragic. </snip>

I can't remember exactly, but I'm almost certain there's an Heresy short story that's exactly this. It's set during the Shadow Crusade, possibly even on Armatura, and it follows a mother trying to get her relatively young baby out of a warzone where giants are trying to kill each other and aren't overly mindful of the collateral damage, so there's every change that this is, at least in part, based on that short, or possibly just referencing it.

That would be Honour to the Dead :) set on Calth I think and a pretty decent story.

The trailer is dope.
But my pick on the woman and her baby... :D
Wasn't it somewhere stated that the firing of boltguns causes unprotected ears to pop?^^
So that poor girl is running trough a warzone, craddling her little soon to be dead baby in her arms only to loose her hearing by combibolters on full auto? :D

And watch the Cataphractii fire... they fire while swinging their combibolters. Other than that, a great trailer...
Now, if I could get my hands on a 3d model of theirs :D

That would be Honour to the Dead :smile.: set on Calth I think and a pretty decent story.

the only part that was stupid about that story was the Ultramarines thinking that a rotor cannon can strip a void shield of a titan. Yet another big gaff by Thorpe.

But strangely enough, that's the only stupid part of the story, rest of it is fairly awesome, almost like Rynn's World where the Ultramarines finally learn to value their citizens the hard way, by being smashed to the ground until kissing the dirt.

By the way, in that story, the mother and baby weren't running away from the traitors. They were attempting to hide and were nearly found by cultists before the Ultramrines found them and despatched them.

In the part of the Cataphractii, yeah they were swinging but I don't think they were firing their combi bolters while swinging.

Wasn't Rynns World the Crimson Fists (it is their homeworld, where they accidentally nuked their own chapter monastery and almost completely wiped out their chapter) not the Ultrmarines?

Wasn't Rynns World the Crimson Fists (it is their homeworld, where they accidentally nuked their own chapter monastery and almost completely wiped out their chapter) not the Ultrmarines?

True, what i mean is that the Ultramarine characterizations in that story was very similar to the attitude of the Crimson Fists after the disaster that befell the fortress monastery. Before that, the Crimson Fists didn't really care about the planet, they didn't even recruit from it. It's only after the disaster that they finally appreciate and value the citizens under their protection.

Similarly in this story, the Ultramarines, being the usual pompous demi-human gods that they are, finally learn the importance of being defenders of their world Ithaca, not just as killing machines or to get glory. Sadly it took a big massacre and backstabing from the Word Bearers to finally take them down many pegs.

I liked the one part where a world eater was chasing the mother and then a one handed Ultra with a power axe smashed him from around a corner. i'm going to choose to interpret it as a protective act.