The Arkanna Crusade

allegedlynerdy

Hello Brethren!

I have finally started my Crusade in earnest. Tasked with retaking the world known as Arkanna from the Heretics known as the Iron Warriors, this Crusade is joining my Arkannian Survivors AM Force. 

Currently I have:

Marshall Isaak Blocher, who strides into battle with Terminator Armor

Chaplain Bornemann, who accompanies the various Jump Brethren and Initiates

Chaplain Sternberg, who accompanies the Black Tide

List of Sword-Brothers:

Vanguard Brethren:

• Sergeant: Eckhard
  • Paasche
  • Dannecker
  • Heidenreich
  • Thälmann
Sternguard Brethren:
  • Sergeant: Marius
  • Schor
  • Schöler
  • Kaufmann
  • Kittel
Swordbrethren:
  • Bruhns
  • Schottenstein
  • Strassmann
  • Aumeier
  • Florentin
Venerable Dreadnought: Herzsprung

I currently have 1 assembled Crusader Squad, Squad Schottenstein, made up of Sword-Brother Schottenstein, with a powersword and plasmapistol, an Initiate with a meltagun, an Initiate with a bolt pistol and power axe, 7x bolt pistol and chainsword Initiates, and 10x combat knife Neophytes.

I also have an Assault Squad, Squad Florentin, led by Sword-Brother Florentin, who brings a powersword and gravpistol, an Initiate with an eviscerator, an Initiate with a plasmapistol and chainsword, an Initiate with a flamer, and an Initiate with a bolt pistol and chainsword.

I'm also working on converting some Cataphractii Terminators to look a bit more Templar-y. As I am still working on them, I have yet to grant them names.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to loadouts for my Sternguard Brethren and Vanguard Brethren.

Most of my stuff isn't painted, but I hope to paint it up over the holidays. Here is what I do have painted:

Xaexy3I.jpg

N2gBt2A.jpg

lxIw3Qi.jpg

91ctOrm.jpg

First off, welcome brother to the Eternal Crusade! Your sword is very welcome here.

Although we are beset upon by all manner of maleficarum and deception, the Emperor's Light will guide us through the darkness. ZEAL will fuel the engine of our holy wrath.

Prepare yourself brother, for a time of blades is soon upon us.

IMPERATOR VULT!

I apologize for the double post, brethren, but I have been so full of ZEAL that I must continue on my Crusade.

I have finalized the Scroll of Record for the Crusade as of now. It reads as follows:

Battalion Detachment

HQ

• Marshall Blocher Terminator Armor, Power Sword, Storm Bolter
  • Chaplain Sternberg Bolt Pistol
  • The Emperors Champion ZEAL

Troops

• Squad Bruhns Sword-Brother Bruhns carrying a Power Sword and Plasma Pistol, Initiate with Meltagun, Initiate with Powerfist, Two Initiates with Boltpistols and Chainswords, Five Neophytes with Boltpistols and Combat Knives
  • Squad Schottenstein Sword-Brother Schottenstein carrying a Power Fist and Combi-melta, Initiate with a Meltagun, Initiate with a Powerfist, Two Initiates with Boltpistols and Chainswords, Five Neophytes with Boltpistols and Combat Knives
  • Squad Strassman Sword-Brother Strassman carrying a Power Axe and Plasma Pistol, Initiate with Flamer, Initiate with Powersword, Two Initiates with Boltpistols and Chainswords, Five Neophytes with Boltipistols and Combat Knives

Elites

• Apothecary Isenbert
  • Terminator Brethren Squad Blocher Castellan Friedger who carries a Storm Bolter and Powersword; Sword-Brothers Steiner, and Bernger who carry Storm Bolters and Powerfists, Sword-Brother Bähr who carries a Storm Bolter and Chainfist; Sword-Brother Schroth who carries an Assault Cannon and a Powerfist

Dedicated Transport

• Drop Pod Zeal Storm Bolter

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

• Chaplain Bornemann Bolt Pistol

Troops

• Crusader Squad Aumeier Sword-Brother Aumeier carrying a Powersword and Storm Bolter, Initiate with Plasmagun, Initiate with Heavy Bolter, Two Initiates with Bolters

Elites

• Sternguard Brethren Squad Marius Sword-Brother Marius, who carries a Storm Bolter and Powersword; Sword-Brother Schor, and Schöler, who carry Combi-Plasmas; Sword-Brother Kaufmann, and  Kittel, who carriy Plasmaguns
  • Vanguard Brethren Squad Eckhard Sword-Brother Eckhard, who carries a Relic Blade and Plasma Pistol; Sword-Brothers Paasche, Dannecker, and Thälmann, who carry Double Lightning Claws; Sword-Brother Heidenreich, who carries a Thunder Hammer and Stormshield. All Sword-Brethren carry Meltabombs
  • Venerable Sword-Brother Herzsprung Dreadnought of Venerable Age, carries two Lascannons, and a Combat Weapon with a Storm Bolter

Fast Attack

• Assault Squad Florentin Sword-Brother Florentin carrying Powersword and Plasma Pistol, as well as a Meltabomb, Initiate with Eviscerator, Initiate with Plasmapistol and Chainsword, Initiate with Flamer, Initiate with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

Dedicated Transport

• Rhino Fury Storm Bolter

Unit Layout

Marshall Blocher and Squad Blocher will be kept in the Telportorium in order to strike the enemy as directly as possible, and will Lightning Strike down together. Chaplain Bornemann, Squad Eckhard, and Squad Florentin, will approach the battlefield from the skies. Squad Aumeier and Squad Marius will ride into battle in Rhino Fury. Squads Bruhns, Schottenstein, and Strassman will each have a chance to ride Droppod Zeal into battle, the honor of which will be awarded based on the ZEAL shown in the prior battle. The two squads who do not receive that honor will instead have the honor of accompanying Chaplain Sternberg and Venerable Sword-Brother Herzsprung, as well as Sword-Brother Isenbert into battle as part of the Black Tide.

This isn't exactly designed to be a competitive list, but rather a fairly fluffy one that still has some teeth. I am anxious to hear the thoughts of you, Brethren.

It seems my ZEAL has once again exceeded itself. I have finished painting Sword-Brother Florentin, Leader of Assault Squad Florentin.

TXiIcqp.jpg

kMCSxH2.jpg

dTw8FNb.jpg

oY7btBj.jpg

Now, does anyone have any ideas for basing? I've mainly just done mud bases in the past with my Imperial Guard, but I don't feel that is fitting of my Templars. Maybe snow/ice, to contrast the black of the armor?

I went with a Moonbase concept, or a white city similar to Lord of the Rings, it made sense to me for Templars to be fighting in a world of marble and white stone masonry. Whatever type of basing you do, as long as the base is of a lighter color to the Templars, it should make your models stand out more.

Agree with MR. I went with desert basing and depending on the base, sometimes some sandstone rock included.

I use air dried clay for my rock. It's cheap and easy to use.

Onwards brother!

• 2 months later...
Good job on the Contemptor. Games Workshop's canon states Bjorn the Fell-Handed is the oldest surviving Dreadnought in the Imperium. As you claim, "Brother Clattenburg [has been] entombed in a Contemptor since the days of the Great Crusade," I have to ask if he died before M41, like Raguel the Sufferer; or if each successive Templar entombed within this Dreadnought Sarcophagus, adopts the name "Clattenburg" to maintain the illusion Clattenburg is an Eternal Champion of the Emperor, as well as his battle-brothers' morale.

Good job on the Contemptor. Games Workshop's canon states Bjorn the Fell-Handed is the oldest surviving Dreadnought in the Imperium. As you claim, "Brother Clattenburg [has been] entombed in a Contemptor since the days of the Great Crusade," I have to ask if he died before M41, like Raguel the Sufferer; or if each successive Templar entombed within this Dreadnought Sarcophagus, adopts the name "Clattenburg" to maintain the illusion Clattenburg is an Eternal Champion of the Emperor, as well as his battle-brothers' morale.

It's more along the lines of the second option, however, the machine spirit of Clattenburg tends to somewhat absorb parts of its user's personality, and tends to, in turn, integrate that into its own, which is then impressed onto new users, making Clattenburg stay very similar in behaviours throughout the recent millennia.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Brothers! I have returned with renewed vigor for the Eternal Crusade! THE ARKANNA CRUSADE CONTINUES! 

The foul xenos known as the T'au continue their incessant arrogance and believe that they may best the Crusade! But this is not so! There is only one solution to such arrogance- blade and bolter! 

As a result, I have arranged for more marines to be arriving in-system within a handful of weeks. They will be accompanied by a venerable Land Raider. ARKANNA WILL NOT FALL BROTHERS! THESE FOUL XENOS WILL QUIVER AT THE SIGHT OF OUR GREAT STRENGTH! Veterans of many crusades shall arrive, wearing venerable Mark III Armor, a relic of the Great Crusade! With this benefit we shall not fall! We shall not falter! We accept this challenge! Only a cowardly xeno or heretic would refuse such an honor!

For Arkanna! For Rogal Dorn! For Holy Terra and the Emperor upon his Golden Throne! 

Brethren! Crusader Squad Bruhns was deployed as a Killteam against the foul Tau! The squad was comprised of Swordbrother Bruhns, 3 initiates, one with a Bolter, one with a heavy Bolter, and one with a plasmagun, and 4 neophytes with close combat weaponry. They were extremely effective and destroying enemy supply lines, killing 3 of the foul xenos "stealth suits" while only losing one neophyte!

Archived