Seeking a Magnetizing Crimson Hunter / Wraithfighter Guide

Montford

Santa brought my new Craftworld army some close air support! Now I am seeking a good guide for magnetizing the thing so that I can swap between the two versions. I did find one on YouTube, but I thought I'd ask the old Eldar hands to see what you recommend.

Why? All the guns are pretty much friction fit. I've not needed to glue mine.

The Crimson Hunter has twin tails and canards, the Wraithfighter has a single tail, no canards and a dorsal spine. They look very different. The weapons are not the issue. ;)

Ohhh I seee. I forgot about those because I mixed them both because I thought it looked better. I put the middle spine in as well as the the two side things.

In that case, the only thing I could think of, is to get a couple of small magnets that are no wider than the grooves already on the model to fit the parts, drill into that groove just enough so that 2 magnets fit in depth wise. Glue some single magnets in, and then glue some single magnets protruding out of the little wingy parts. Obviously don't need to drill onto the wing bits because the hole you drill onto the model is already 2 magnets worth of depth. Would also act like a very small pin as well as a magnetic that way, and it's easier.

Now saying that, I don't remember how hollow the model actually is, so you may need to glue little platforms for the magnets after the drill the holes, normally I'd just use some cut to fit sprue. Should imagine it would be pretty simple. Some people try to go waaaay too complex when it comes to magnets aha.

Although I've never done it, that's how I'd try anyway

Edited by Captain Coolpants

• 2 weeks later...
I just magnetised the weapons and went for the Wraithfighter hull (which I prefer aesthetically). I only have one aircraft in my army so I just tell my opponent what it is ahead of time. It is not like I am running 2 near-identical models as different units so there is no risk of confusion.