What's your favorite piece of lore that's often forgotten?

Kinstryfe

Who the heck are the sulver skulls anyway?

Potential secret loyalist Iron Warriors. Officially they're successors of the Ultramarines who have a habit of keeping skulls they dip coat in metal as trophies. Here's their chapter icon:

9J7MZGc.jpg

And the pre-Heresy Iron Warriors as a comparison:

SsYOExw.jpg

Why on earth would they have any special relationship with the GK?

I know the lexicanum mentions Prognosticators. But as a recognised UM sucessor (Bobby G claimed them) i doubt they have any special librarium going or anything.

Weird.

The Silver Skulls claim to be second founding successors but (unless the current codex changed that) it was never recognized by the UM proper.

That said, no idea why they'd gift psykers. Could be worth a story. Perhaps a favor owed to the Grey Knights dating way back.

I'd prefer if the connection had nothing to do with geneseed and was instead a long-standing debt or agreement that Grey Knights have with the Silver Skulls from thousands of years ago. It's nice to see the occasional relationship form between the Grey Knights and another chapter.

I'd prefer if the connection had nothing to do with geneseed and was instead a long-standing debt or agreement that Grey Knights have with the Silver Skulls from thousands of years ago. It's nice to see the occasional relationship form between the Grey Knights and another chapter.

Considering the Exorcists are the one said (by FW at one point IIRC) to have the geneseed connection to the Grey Knights, there definitely is room for the Silver Skulls to have any number of reasons to be tithing the occasional psyker to the Grey Knights.

Ohh i have one!

In the old "Inquistor" RPG book, the first page or two was a conversation between some Heresy-Era tech-priests etc. stating that the Emperor could be healed in time. Some thought it was too risky or that the word was out and he was already being viewed as a God and a symbol than ever before. 

Always thought it was a cool what-if 

Who the heck are the sulver skulls anyway?

Oh my, we have a green recruit here.

The Silver Skulls are one of the oldest Space Marine chapters around. First Amongst Equals. They have a victory tally longer than most other chapters.

As to the tie to the Grey Knights that isn't actually that new. I forget the first time I heard/read of it. The Silver Skulls have very powerful Librarians called Prognosticators. The Chapter has become tied to the visions of these Prognosticators as they believe they recieve visions directly from the emperor. Their librarians that are strictly battle pyskers are called Prognosticars.

Where the tie to the Grey Knights started I don't know. But it was first mentioned back around 5th/6th edition.

Ah no. That was just a typo lol. ;) mobile phones...

There's been no mention of any tie to the Ultrmarine sucessors since the Daemonhunters Codex.

Exorcists and Red Hunters sure. But the only mention of the silver skulls knowing of (the secret war...) the GK is the new 8th edition Codex.

And while the GK use Prognosticators heavily, I'm sure there are other chapters with that type of Psyker. And Emperors Tarrot readers.

With losing recruits supposidly still such a big thing for chapters, there should be a really important reason the skulls send some of thier psykers to the GK. Recruits they think the GK would be interested in.

But we've heard nothing of this. Nor how they even know the GK exist.

But hopefully this is a retcon to the sillyness of the secret war.

Maybe we'll get some awesome expanded fluff. Just seems to have cone out of nowhere.

Ohh i have one!

In the old "Inquistor" RPG book, the first page or two was a conversation between some Heresy-Era tech-priests etc. stating that the Emperor could be healed in time. Some thought it was too risky or that the word was out and he was already being viewed as a God and a symbol than ever before.

That opening was fantastic for the book, a great set-up for the cynicism and idealism of the Inquisition. That said, I don't think all of them were tech-priests. My reading was always that they were the individuals who founded the Inquisition/the first Inquisitors chosen by Malcador.

Ohh i have one!

That opening was fantastic for the book, a great set-up for the cynicism and idealism of the Inquisition. That said, I don't think all of them were tech-priests. My reading was always that they were the individuals who founded the Inquisition/the first Inquisitors chosen by Malcador.

My take as well.

That said, I don't think all of them were tech-priests. My reading was always that they were the individuals who founded the Inquisition/the first Inquisitors chosen by Malcador.

That makes more sense, not sure why i remembered them to be Priests!

Ah no. That was just a typo lol. ;) mobile phones...

There's been no mention of any tie to the Ultrmarine sucessors since the Daemonhunters Codex.

Exorcists and Red Hunters sure. But the only mention of the silver skulls knowing of (the secret war...) the GK is the new 8th edition Codex.

And while the GK use Prognosticators heavily, I'm sure there are other chapters with that type of Psyker. And Emperors Tarrot readers.

With losing recruits supposidly still such a big thing for chapters, there should be a really important reason the skulls send some of thier psykers to the GK. Recruits they think the GK would be interested in.

But we've heard nothing of this. Nor how they even know the GK exist.

But hopefully this is a retcon to the sillyness of the secret war.

Maybe we'll get some awesome expanded fluff. Just seems to have cone out of nowhere.

I don't have an exact reference right now but trust me their was a mention before 8th.

Anyways, have we mentioned that Hrud used to be portrayed as space skaven?

A 'Puritas Division', several Space Marine Chapters that purged all they were sent against. A division was commanded by a senior Ecclesiarchal figure.

That there were enough Chapters in thrall to the Ecclesiarchy for this to be a thing fascinates me no end and I often contemplate who were the BT's mates were

Archived