Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Death Guard

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Battalion Detachment
DPoN
wings/talons x2/Supporting Plate/Revoltingly Resilient
Typhus

Plague Marines x7
plasma gun x3
Poxwalkers x18
Poxwalkers x18

Outrider Detachment
Malignant Plaguecaster

Foetid Bloat-drone
fleshmower
Myphtic Blight-haulers x3
Chaos Spawn x3

This comes to 1,500 points (PR 80) with 7 command points.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,185 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I feel like for the almost identical points cost, you'd be better served by getting at least one Plagueburst Crawler over three Blight-haulers. The +1 BS is always tempting, but it's not that good.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 26 December 2017 - 04:10 PM.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
For this particular army I was going with mobility, screen them and my characters with Poxwalkers up front and the Marines behind. This prevents them from being charged and giving everyone +1 armour save.
My DP, spawns, and drone are moving up a flank giving my enemy too many things to worry about.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,011 posts

I like three Blight Haulers myself. I'm running them today.... it's not that they're awesome, but they are one unit correct? so just Miasma them, assume you'll lose one in T1 (mabye 2!) and this way you do have a way to keep the cover cloud running.

I agree they aren't awesome but they are deviously flexible.

I'm just not sure about the spawn in this list. I love spawn, and I love the DP. I'm assuming they run together? The danger is they are easily off on their own, but I do like them. 

It's so easy to run out of points in DG elite style units,  I often end up cutting Spawn now.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
What I like about spawns are the price vs what you get. For 99 points you get 12 wounds compared to the 4 you would get with marines, same toughness, but fast enough I can screen my DP and pre charge to keep him from getting over watched. And even if I only get 1 into combat the attack potential plus good strength and rerolls from the DP make that a good combo. As an added bonus you're also giving the -1 to their moral test, causing them to lose even more models.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
So I played two games with this list, the first was admech and the second nids. The admech conseded half way through turn 3 and the nids I cleared the board turn 5 (even after he brought back a unit I destroyed earlier). Both games the haulers were MVP, the spawns worked perfectly as a screen. I got into CC quickly and pretty much took their heavies out play because they had nothing to shoot at.
For a third games (against nids) we went 2000 points and I took Morty plus an additional PM with icon with this list, it was over by turn 4. I'm pretty happy with this list and have some games planned this weekend. I will try to give a battle report after.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users