The Larik Crusade: + INACTIVE +

Dosjetka

gallery_45765_11834_242401.png

[+ pict-capture source +]

med_gallery_45765_11834_705789.png

Larik Crusade heraldic shield

[by @madscuzzy]

--[[+ + + + +]]--

Eight Astartes and an unaugmented human stood in a rough semi-circle facing a lone figure. Their raisin black fists struck the centres of their armoured chest pieces, the loud clangs of metal on metal echoing off the surrounding plasteel walls. Simultaneously, eight vox-distorted voices cried out in unison:

"Devicta morte!"

The lone human simply bowed her head and made the sign of the aquila.

Marshal Varkan, leader of the Aryx Crusade, removed his own helm and placed it on the low table beside him. He scrutinised them with his bright green eyes, inhaling deeply. The smells of war filled his senses: mud, stagnant water, propellant, promethium, blood, combat toxin residuals. They had come with all due haste straight from the battlefield.

"Devicta morte."

Returning their salute, he continued, turning to face each of the crusade's decemvirate in turn.

"Tomas, Sp Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [57 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lieutenants [4 PL, 74pts]

. Castellan Tomas Cyning - Lieutenant: Power fist, Storm bolter, The Crusader's Helm

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad Geiss [5 PL, 128pts]

. 2x Initiate

. Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

. Initiate w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

. Sword Brother Maximillian Geiss: Bolt pistol, Combi-melta

Crusader Squad Vazi [12 PL, 134pts]: 2x Neophyte w/Combat Knife

. Sword Brother Argus Vazi: Bolt pistol, Power sword

. 6x Initiate w/Chainsword

. Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Power sword

+ Elites +

Pistor Jeramakus - Company Ancient [4 PL, 67pts]: Power sword

Sword Brethren Squad Cambrius - Company Veterans [8 PL, 112pts]

. Khentin Cambrius - Veteran Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Power maul

. Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Power sword

. Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Power sword

. Space Marine Veteran: Power axe, Storm shield

. Space Marine Veteran: Power axe, Storm shield

+ Heavy Support +

Wrath of Jerulas - Land Raider Crusader [16 PL, 337pts]: 2x Hurricane bolter, Multi-melta, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Haste - Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

Fury - Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

++ Total: [57 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

What took you so long brother?

Got snarled up in all the traffic around the Eternal Crusader for about a decade. All good now, though. :wink:

Best part about being a dreadnought- free parking. ;)

It's about damn time you found your way to the cool kids' Chapter.  Welcome, and considering your vaunted status, I suppose I'll perform your induction paddlin' personally :devil:

I'm out of glue so I've been using white tack to figure out what bits and pieces will be used to make my crusade's Emperor's Champion. I'm quite happy with the following (WIP) result:

gallery_45765_11834_72646.png

I've never seen a customised Emperor's Champion with an Mk VI helmet before so I figured it was a nice little "unique" touch to add. I'm not entirely keen on the original EC body so I used the one from the Forge World Imperial Fists Command set. However I didn't like the sword that came with that body (too thin) so I used the arm and sword from GW's EC.

I'm not sure if his left hand will be a clutched fist, an open hand, or holding a bolt pistol. Similarly I'm not sure which backpack I'll be giving him. Those uncertainties aside, I'm happy with the model so far and look forward to painting it!

--[[+ + + + +]]--

It's about damn time you found your way to the cool kids' Chapter. Welcome, and considering your vaunted status, I suppose I'll perform your induction paddlin' personally :devil:

I get personal treament? Oh my... :wub:

Played around a bit more with my army list and came up with the one below. Comments and criticism welcome. :thumbsup:

--[[+ + + + +]]--

+++ [12] Black Templars (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [72 PL, 1002pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [72 PL, 1002pts] ++

+ HQ +

Reclusiarch Alexei Bohr - Chaplain [5 PL, 79pts]: Plasma pistol

Lieutenants [4 PL, 74pts]
. . Castellan Tomas Cyning - Lieutenant: Power fist, Storm bolter

Brother Nathaniel Ido - The Emperor's Champion [4 PL, 75pts]

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad Cambrius - Crusader Squad [12 PL, 130pts]:
. . Neophyte w/Combat Knife
. . 6x Initiate w/Chainsword
. . Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Power maul
. . Qenten Cambrius - Sword Brother: Plasma pistol, Power maul

Crusader Squad Vazi - Crusader Squad [12 PL, 130pts]:

. . Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Power sword
. . Argus Vazi - Sword Brother: Plasma pistol, Power sword

Crusader Squad Arkhan - Crusader Squad [12 PL, 132pts]:
. . Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Power axe
. . Rumo Arkhan - Sword Brother: 2x Lightning Claw

+ Heavy Support +

Support Squad Geiss - Devastator Squad [11 PL, 160pts]: Armorium Cherub
. . 2x Initiate
. . Maximillian Geiss - Sword Brother: Storm bolter
. . Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Haste - Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

Fury - Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

Conquest - Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

Created with BattleScribe

--[[+ + + + +]]--

I've also changed the name of my crusade because I didn't like the previous one. "Larik Crusade" sounds better, in my opinion.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Now that I am back from France and have replaced my recently-deceased glue bottle, I've assembled my Emperor's Champion, Nathaniel Ido:

8CZ7cT.png

gkPICq.png

HDAwnJ.png

Simple kitbash but I'm happy with it. :)

Thank you for looking and Happy New Year to all!

Generally cool kitbash. Personally, I'm not sure about the helmet, but that's a matter of taste. My only advice regards the bolt pistol: there's one in the Vanguard Veterans kit with an engraving matching the ornaments on your Champion's armour. Maybe that's something worth looking into.

I spent my day assembling thirteen Initiates with chainsword and bolt pistol:

gallery_45765_11834_668976.png

Tomorrow it'll be a handful of Initiates with boltguns as I wait for the weather to improve. :tu:

--[[+ + + + +]]--

Generally cool kitbash. Personally, I'm not sure about the helmet, but that's a matter of taste. My only advice regards the bolt pistol: there's one in the Vanguard Veterans kit with an engraving matching the ornaments on your Champion's armour. Maybe that's something worth looking into.

Cheers, Brother Christopher! I agree that the hemlet is a bit of an unusual choice for the model. Regarding the bolt pistol, thank you for the suggestion but I'm going to leave it as it is. I like how simple and unadorned it looks when compared to the ornate armour and sword.

Nice model.

Where is ornate armour from?

Thanks, Aegir! The armour comes from the Imperial Fists Legion Command set.

A bit more progress on my Black Templars from the Larik Crusade.

gallery_45765_11834_26979.png

Initiates armed with boltguns (two have ended up being obsolete because of an army list change). These will be assigned to Crusader Squad Geiss.

gallery_45765_11834_86949.png

Initiates equipped with righteous zeal, bolt pistols, and chainsword. These are part of Crusader Squad Cambrio.

gallery_45765_11834_56095.png

Initiates equipped with the armour of contempt, bolt pistols, and chainswords. They are part of Crusader Squad Arquan.

And last but definitely not least, I commissioned our very own @madscuzzy to create an illustration of the Larik Crusade heraldic shield based off my somewhat dodgy sketch:

med_gallery_45765_11834_323346.jpg

As per usual, madscuzzy did not disappoint with his art:

med_gallery_45765_11834_705789.png

Anyway, 21 days before this army needs to be 100% assembled, painted, based, and ready to be flown over to the UK in my hand luggage! Need to get my skates on!

Thanks for looking! :tu:

Strictly speaking, a more pedantic translation of Devicta Morte might be "Concerning Death Conquered" if my Latin still holds up. Sounds good either way you choose to translate it from High Gothic, though. ;)

Nice work on the tabarded Initiates, brother. Looks like you did some sculpting on those? They came out quite well.

Best of luck getting this painted!

Pushing myself to progress with these. Two-and-a-half weeks to go!

gallery_45765_11834_2145.png

(For the record, all I've done is sprayed them with black paint. But it's the most I've done with these since the last update.)

Also got some transfers from Veni Vidi Vici.

gallery_45765_11834_66141.png

The small white crosses are a litlle yellow which is a shame but I should be able to cover it up with paint.

Also ordered a fair amount of bits and bobs to get the last few models done:

gallery_45765_11834_15169.png

So... yeah, expect more soon! :)

As always, thanks for looking!

--[[+ + + + +]]--

I guessed the death bit. I like it.

Glad you like it. :thumbsup:

Nothing less than what we expect of a venerable son of Dorn: Grim resolve :thumbsup:

I love how every single initiate has a little extra to set them all apart. Excellent stuff!

Cheers, Wolfhart! I didn't want to spend too much time assembling these models but I did want them all to be unique in some way. I'm glad the effort has been noticed. :smile.:

Strictly speaking, a more pedantic translation of Devicta Morte might be "Concerning Death Conquered" if my Latin still holds up. Sounds good either way you choose to translate it from High Gothic, though. :wink:

Nice work on the tabarded Initiates, brother. Looks like you did some sculpting on those? They came out quite well.

Best of luck getting this painted!

I've only ever done two hours of Latin in my life so I hope you'll excuse my use of Google Translate. :tongue.:

The tabards were the result of two-part silicone mold casting experiment.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

i really like the different marks of armor in your crusaded brother really adds some nice verity :happy.: also loving that you've used the champion from the imperial fist command squad for your emperors champion i really like the model shame about the weird wrist pose on the proper arm for him though guess you didn't like it either?

Test model about 95% done.

gallery_45765_11834_514818.png

Now to get the remaining 29 infantry and 3 tanks painted!

--[[+ + + + +]]--

i really like the different marks of armor in your crusaded brother really adds some nice verity :happy.: also loving that you've used the champion from the imperial fist command squad for your emperors champion i really like the model shame about the weird wrist pose on the proper arm for him though guess you didn't like it either?

Cheers, DarkCrusader! Yeah, the wrist pose was a little off and I much prefer the bulk of this sword over the one from the original model.

Also got some transfers from Veni Vidi Vici.

gallery_45765_11834_66141.png

I just ordered some as well, let me know how those worked for you! In general your crusade looks very promising.

[...]

Sorely tempted to break my oath of quitting 40k to do some BTs now. Hm...

That's not how oaths work, Neophyte!