Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Footslogging Death Guard

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,054 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Hey looking to build a footslogging style force supported by walkers and a few Daemon engines, this is what I got so far which is about 1827pts sticking to a single battalion never really bothered with CPs much apart from the odd strategem or re roll (I usually forget about using the different strategems most of the time anyway. I wouldn't. One taking it up to 2k either but unsure of what to add which could help with the footslogger theme maybe a Decimator or another Blight hauler??? (Though I wouldn't bother running them as a unit of 3 as I prefer to keep them around a squad each)

DG Battalion
Hq
Plaguecaster
Fugaris helm

Chaos Lord
Plasma pistol, power axe

Elites
3 Deathshroud Terminators

Tallyman

Contemptor Dreadnought
Hellforged Chainclaw and butcher Cannon

Contemptor Dreadnought
Hellforged Chainclaw and butcher Cannon

Troops
7 Plague marines
2 Blight launchers, icon of Despair, champion with powerfist and plasmagun

7 Plague marines
2 Blight launchers, icon of Despair, champion with powerfist and plasmagun

14 poxwalkers

14 poxwalkers

Fast attack
Blight Hauler

Blight Hauler

Heavy
Deredeo Dreadnought
Butcher Cannon array, twin heavy bolters, greater havoc launcher

Edited by Plaguecaster, 27 December 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
A Noxious Blightbringer and some chaos spawns, with your icons you would have the potential to lower your opponents leadership by 3 (4 for psychers not that it really matters).

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,544 posts

I'd really try to get that third Blight Hauler in there.

I think they're good value, not amazing, but good, and the third one becomes a good recipient unit for targeting and thus Miasma. Get lucky and you have the unit absorbing a lot of opening volleys, and if you're unlucky, hopefully you still have a pair to keep the cover cloud running.

• Plaguecaster likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,054 posts

I'd really try to get that third Blight Hauler in there.
I think they're good value, not amazing, but good, and the third one becomes a good recipient unit for targeting and thus Miasma. Get lucky and you have the unit absorbing a lot of opening volleys, and if you're unlucky, hopefully you still have a pair to keep the cover cloud running.

That does sound like a good idea, plus with the 3 FW dreads it should take some of the firepower off them or my opponent will focus on the 3 seperate blight haulers instead of the dreads
Good thing the Haulers are so cheap and easy to build as I can easily add one without any hassle
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,544 posts
I think it’s a fun idea. I’m caught between multiple ideas myself and really I like the Blight Haulers to base a foot slog idea on. I think it takes some getting used to though. But the Haulers are actually really flexible in my opinion.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
My current list has the tri-lobe, I like the fact that in close combat it does so much better then the heavy support we have to choose from and can move and shoot without penalties.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users