Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We Hunt on Ravens' Wings

Dark Angels Ravenwing Hobby log Battle Reports Fan fiction

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Brother Worsey

Brother Worsey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
Nice work! Good write up of a great result.
  • TheWeepingAngel likes this

For Mortikah, and the Lion!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg

Brother Karael

Brother Karael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
  • Faction: Watcher's of Verda'yaim

Wow, I'm following this topic for inspiration when I begin on my Ravenwing! 

Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on exalted iron sworn. Punishment divine, unleashed with hate. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell. Bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, Knights of Caliban, the Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness! No retreat!

kWvXcjy.jpg

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update as it's been a while - had to take a break from hobbying while I finished my phd thesis. But I am now back with a vengeance, and got myself this magnificent beast as a reward for finishing. I have loved the fire raptor model for a long time so I'm very happy to now own one - looking forward to painting it up and flying it into battle alongside the 2nd company.

gallery_85662_13029_82161.jpg

• G8Keeper, Interrogator Stobz and Brother Karael like this

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution
Oh man, what a great thread, I can’t believe I missed it up until now! Very inspiring work brother, I love the subtle conversions, and that’s some solid paint you have, especially the heraldry and the wings on the flyers. And what a sweet idea, using the Brets as novice RW. At first I wasn’t sure what was going on, then I saw the bolters and it all made sense hahaha. I’m really looking forward to more!

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Thanks heaps Greenz. That's very kind of you to say, and means a lot coming from a hobbyist of your calibre

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

How was the Raptor to put together?  I've heard some horror stories that have so far stopped me picking one up.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts

How was the Raptor to put together? I've heard some horror stories that have so far stopped me picking one up.

I was the exact same - I put off getting one for years because of all the horror stories. But it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I wish I'd taken the plunge sooner.

It does require a lot of patience and hot water (to get all those warped pieces straight). But as long as you are methodical and take your time to get each step right before moving on to the next, you should be fine. There's plenty of great build tutorials out there as well that really help.
  • G8Keeper likes this

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

I was the exact same - I put off getting one for years because of all the horror stories. But it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I wish I'd taken the plunge sooner.

It does require a lot of patience and hot water (to get all those warped pieces straight). But as long as you are methodical and take your time to get each step right before moving on to the next, you should be fine. There's plenty of great build tutorials out there as well that really help.

My wife may be hunting you down soon :)

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
You won't regret it! From a hobby perspective at least haha.

Now excuse me while I bunker down in the fortress of redemption - we dark Angels are famed for our hunting abilities, so our spouses must be equally capable :P
  • G8Keeper likes this

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

I have a game tonight, you've inspired me to take RW. 1500pts I believe, going to try out a Talonmaster with Sammael see how they fare.

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Go for it! RW are always a blast to play, and sammy and a talonmaster will do the emperor's work when played right. Remember the "only in death" stratagem for when your TM bites it as a fun little parting surprise. Good luck with your game
  • G8Keeper likes this

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

Go for it! RW are always a blast to play, and sammy and a talonmaster will do the emperor's work when played right. Remember the "only in death" stratagem for when your TM bites it as a fun little parting surprise. Good luck with your game

Will do!

I have no idea what I'm facing.  I have no mobile phone at the moment so can't pester my opponent haha!  He has Death Guard, Iron hands, Eldar, Nids and Tau...... sweat.gif

Calibos

Calibos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Loving what you've posted so far! I got really into the story-parts you've written, and am looking forward to seeing more! Loving the conversions, especially the Bretonnian Bolters, they made my day! Great work, man! teehee.gif

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

Will do!

I have no idea what I'm facing.  I have no mobile phone at the moment so can't pester my opponent haha!  He has Death Guard, Iron hands, Eldar, Nids and Tau...... sweat.gif

Forgot to reply to this. I won against an Iron Hands - Salamanders combo.  Sallies get a lot of re-rolls but in the end T5 and the presence of a Dark Shroud proved their undoing, For the Lion!

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts

Loving what you've posted so far! I got really into the story-parts you've written, and am looking forward to seeing more! Loving the conversions, especially the Bretonnian Bolters, they made my day! Great work, man! teehee.gif

Thanks heaps. I'm waiting for the weather to clear up so that I can undercoat the raptor and get stuck into it. So I hope to have more updates soon!

Will do!

Forgot to reply to this. I won against an Iron Hands - Salamanders combo.  Sallies get a lot of re-rolls but in the end T5 and the presence of a Dark Shroud proved their undoing, For the Lion!

Congratulations mate, great work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels, Ravenwing, Hobby log, Battle Reports, Fan fiction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users