Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1250 pt Death Guard (competitive?)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

h0lt

h0lt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

I'm trying to write a competitive DG list for small point games, here is what I have so far: 

Battalion Detachment

HQ

(Warlord) Daemon Prince with Wings, Talons, Hellforged Sword (180)
Suppurating Plate, Revoltingly Resilient, Miasma of Pestilence

Lord of Contagion, Manreaper (117)

TROOPS

18x Poxwalkers (108)
10x Cultists (40)
10x Cultists (40)

ELITES

Helbrute, 2x Fists, 2x Heavy Flamers (156)

FAST ATTACK

Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitters (158)
Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitters (158)

HEAVY SUPPORT

Plagueburst Crawler, 2x Entropy Cannons, Heavy Slugger (146)                                          
Plagueburst Crawler, 2x Entropy Cannons, Heavy Slugger (146)     

TOTAL: 1249pts

The idea is to have a fairly balanced list, with combination of tough fast moving hard hitting units (DP and Drones) getting in opponents face early with the melee helbrute joining them shortly after. The LoC and the poxwalker/cultist blob move up the board and advancing, using "The Dead Walk Again" Strategem. Plagueburst Crawlers sit back and provide fire support, bombing elite infantry/devastator units with the mortar and any high wound targets with entropy cannons.

I think using Necrosius over LoC might be a better option since it would still give me some poxwalker buffing ability while also adding another psycher to the list, letting DP focus on taking more offensive based powers.

Without just playing Renegades and Heretics, is there a way to up the competitiveness level of this list?

Edited by h0lt, 29 December 2017 - 04:36 AM.

Guidebot

Guidebot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

List looks brutal.  Fitting 2 Drones and 2 Crawlers into 1250 is mean.  

Your infantry isn't very durable though (can't have it all, I guess).  20 Cultists and 18 poxwalkers won't last long if your opponent doesn't want them to, and your other units don't really wanna be spent controlling ground.  I'd probably cut one drone and the hellbrute to have budget for some Plague Marines, more Cultists, Blightlords, or a combination thereof.  

Just my opinion.  

Edited by Guidebot, 31 December 2017 - 06:14 PM.

h0lt

h0lt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

List looks brutal.  Fitting 2 Drones and 2 Crawlers into 1250 is mean.  

Your infantry isn't very durable though (can't have it all, I guess).  20 Cultists and 18 poxwalkers won't last long if your opponent doesn't want them to, and your other units don't really wanna be spent controlling ground.  I'd probably cut one drone and the hellbrute to have budget for some Plague Marines, more Cultists, Blightlords, or a combination thereof.  

Just my opinion.  

I'm just not sold on the effectiveness of Plague Marines. Maybe now with the point reduction they are worth thinking about, but in the games I've had with them, they never seem to kill their points worth. The most effective loadout for them from what I've read seems to be melee based, which requires an additional investment into a transport.

I wasn't too sure about Helbrute either. Once I cut out both of the heavy flamers on fists, he ended up being a relatively cheap close combat monster (i think like 126 points) that moved moderately fast and could potentially be another high toughness target to worry about. But the lack of disgustingly resilient will mean that he'll get dropped relatively fast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users