New heralds for other gods

Kierdale

With Nurgle getting two more kinds of herald I wonder if the other three gods will get two variants each? Perhaps reflecting different aspects of their god? That would be interesting, and give us some new imagery.

What would you like to see?

As a Slaanesh fan I’d love to see an obese herald reflecting excess, and a Hellraiser-esque one representing ultimate pain.

Would be cool but I'm not sure the other gods will get the dame treatment unless the Codex removes the mounted versions since in the index Khorne, Slaanesh and Tzeentch all had the different mounted Heralds while Nurgle had only the one on foot.

However I'd like some variation between the mounted ones if it's really like that. Different auras for differently mounted heralds etc.

Daemons really need some of those Elite characters. The more possible summoners, the better.

examples:

Khorne: Some kind of buffer, like an Exalted Champion or Dark Apostle, giving rerolls in Combat

Slaanesh: Debuffer, lowering morale and maybe to hit. Could also hinder psykers.

Tzeentch: Some guy increasing chance for perils of the warp for the opponent, or some kind of cheap oracle giving an extra CP or something. (maybe chance for CP, else it would be spammed)

Edited by MasterDeath

We would have seen hints at new models for the other three gods by now, no? Looks like just new Nurgle stuff for now. I'm excited for when all the codexes are out so we can finally start seeing models released independent of the book releases with their datasheets included exclusively in their box, and possibly a White Dwarf. 

With how GW are now hard to say, I think the Nurgle advanced notice is the outlier so probably safer to assume they're sticking the less notice for the moment but I agree - looks like just Nurgle for the codex release. As the models mostly exist already there's nothing stopping GW from releasing them later as you say so that might be the best bet?

Seeing such a large Nurgle drop is exciting though - granted as a Diaznette purist there's a good chance the Slaanesh release won't be of much use to me but the potential is there. Either way we have a lot to look forward to if GW gives the same lavish treatment to the other daemons, even more so if they diversify from the existing stuff :)

New models/units would be awesome. Not holding my breath for getting anything other than new Nurgle with the codex, though. I think it'll be a while before we see 'em for Khorne and Slaanesh. Loathe as I am to admit it, Slaanesh "needs" it more, but that doesn't really have anything to do with what they release.

I think someone that can... extra enrage (why not) daemons of Khorne to add distance to their move/run would help a lot. The musician is nice, but an extra 1" isn't gonna cut it in terms of army-wide viability. Otherwise, buffs are great, but every unit will still get shot to death before it can charge.

New models/units would be awesome. Not holding my breath for getting anything other than new Nurgle with the codex, though. I think it'll be a while before we see 'em for Khorne and Slaanesh. Loathe as I am to admit it, Slaanesh "needs" it more, but that doesn't really have anything to do with what they release.

I think someone that can... extra enrage (why not) daemons of Khorne to add distance to their move/run would help a lot. The musician is nice, but an extra 1" isn't gonna cut it in terms of army-wide viability. Otherwise, buffs are great, but every unit will still get shot to death before it can charge.

Im very tempted to say a lot will be covered with the Stratagems

In addition Nurgle didnt have a mounted Herald before so now they have some more Heralds instead or so it seems :)

Based on AoS Id expect a Slaanesh apperance no earlier as 2019.

Why 2019? 

I'm already sick of waiting for a new KoS, if there's any validity to there not being a new one until 2019 then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and grab Zarakynel. 

Because so far every new year has included one Chaos god specific release.

End of 2015/Jan 2016 - Khorne recieved Bloodbound and Khorne updates (more for AoS/WFB but Daemons apply for 40K to, which is nice)

End of 2016/Jan 2017 - Tzeentch recieved Thousand Sons, Desciples of Tzeentch and more Tzeentch updates (more for AoS but also 40K)

End of 2017/Jan 2018 - Nurgle recieves Rotbringers, Maggotkin of Nurgle and more Nurgle updates (more for AoS but also 40K)

So if we're going to follow that patron, logic dictates Slaanesh being announced end of 2018/Jan 2019.

In addition, much like 40K's Eldar backstory, in AoS Slaanesh is currently captured by Elves and his followers are basically plotting his escape. We know that in 2018 the main AoS theme/battle is Malign Portents which is Grand Allegiance Death vs the rest, including Maggotkin of Nurgle.

When Malign Portents is said and done I believe we could see a very interesting concept for Slaanesh. The idea here would likely also reflect well to 40K when Fulgrim makes a possible reapereance combined with Noise Marines as an update and the rest of the Slaanesh shebang. 

I literally just put together 1750pts of Daemonettes, Seekers and Chariots, I just need a KoS to take it to 2k.

My main worry is the CSM side of things, really. I don't want to build a Slaanesh CSM army only to have GW release new, comparatively massive, Noise Marine sculpts within a year.

I'd think it would be easy to do for Tzeentch, just make Gaunt Summoners and Magisters the new heralds (I use them as heralds in 40k anyway because they look awesome). The other gods I'm not sure about, I don't know if they have any AOS models that would cross over that easily.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see some new Heralds for the other gods. Assuming each gets two new varieties, I'd go for:

Khorne:

"Brazen Forgewarden"- Heavily armoured Bloodletter (armour can be brass, stone, bone or whatever) armed with a big ol' daemonic kite shield and a huge fiery maul. Extremely tough and an absolute monster in melee, can buff the survivability of Khorne units with his "brasshide aura". Also has the ability to restore wounds to Khornate Daemon Engines (Skull Cannons, Blood Thrones, Khorne Soul Grinders etc).

Fluffwise, they are Bloodletters who have toiled in the forges of Khorne for long enough to gain an affinity for the artifice of war. Those who excel at their craft will rise through the ranks, and will eventually become the steadfast guardians and master smiths of the forges. He will create his own armour, a shield and a fearsome mace, at once badge of office, weapon of war and tool of creation. They are much-respected amongst their kin, for Khorne admires those that have the talent for creation, yet choose to channel it towards the glory of Khorne and the shedding of blood.

"Contemptuous Scornspeaker"- The closest thing Khorne Daemons are ever getting to a psyker/spellcaster. A wizened, ancient Bloodletter with a "Staff of Hate" and a BEARD, the Scornspeaker uses his sheer overwhelming loathing and powerful voice to bellow forth what essentially amounts to weaponized verbal abuse at the foe, causing them to quake with terror and suffer severe debuffs. He'd be somewhat sub-par in combat due to his sheer age, but his ranged debuffing capability would make up for it. In addition, once per game he can call forth "The Invocation of the Detestment of Khorne" where he targets a unit (including a character, regardless of the usual rules) and gets so unbelievably furious with it that even Khorne takes notice and on a successful dice roll, lobs a brass skull or something at the offending foe, dealing obscene damage. Of course there's a chance it will go wrong, and the aged Scornspeaker gets so ridiculously angry that he literally explodes with rage.

Fluffwise, they're Bloodletters who have stayed alive for long enough that they begin to wither and age. Normally such weakness would lead to them being hacked apart by their fellows, but for some, whilst their bodies become shrivelled and weary, their need to shed blood grows even stronger. They become bitter and twisted, filled with hate and rage even by Khornate standards, to the point where their anger is literally tangible- even other daemons of Khorne find themselves intimidated by the sheer malice they give off. In addition, their voices become deep, powerful and commanding, capable of striking fear into any heart, be it demonic or mortal. Those that survive to this point are granted their Staffs of Hate by Khorne himself, for whilst weakness is something he despises, the Scornspeakers have bloody-mindedness and a steel will that drives them on even in spite of their physical shortcomings- and that is something Khorne respects. The oldest of Scornspeakers, it is said, are so filled with unending fury and bottomless hate that no daemon, be they Bloodletter, Flesh Hound or even the mighty Bloodthirsters, dares to cross them, for their very words have the killing power of the greatest axe, and their hate is second only to Khorne himself.

Slaanesh:

"Gluttonous Gristlemother"- A...generously portioned Daemonette (not as obese as a Nurgle daemon, but still rather...voluptuous) with a massive, swollen belly sporting a hideous maw, and udders growing on her back, this horrible, horrible creature would be a potent spellcaster and a fearsome close combat opponent. For every wound she inflicts by spell or in close combat gives her "tokens" she can use to buff nearby Slaanesh Daemons, increasing their toughness and killing power.

Fluffwise, she's a Daemonette that has spent too long in the Circle of Gluttony, and has begun to embody that sin. She grows fat and enormous, yet still not losing the bizarre allure that Daemonettes are known for, and develops a second, gaping mouth in her great stomach. Finally, she begins to grow teats all over her body which dribble sickly grease. Upon her transformation reaching completion, she becomes consumed by hunger for flesh, and will venture forth with her sisters in search of new flavours to sample. She messily devours those she catches with her claws, but she is also a potent sorceress, and can sap the very life of foes from afar. Every flicker of life force or morsel of meat she consumes fills her with vitality, and her many udders begin to ooze with gummy milk. In spite of her overwhleming need to feed, she is a kind, motherly individual to her sisters, and permits those she calls friends to suckle upon her. Those who do find themselves revitalised, the distilled essence of her victims swelling them with power and reknitting even the most grievous of wounds. Of course, whilst her milk is a highly sought-after prize, it is not without risks- she is all too liable to snack on those who have come to nurse. As with all those driven by excess, her vice consumes her too- eventually she will begin to feast on her own body.

"Beneficent Heartslaver"- From the front, this Daemonette appears to be beautiful beyond compare. Whilst still obviously daemonic, she does not appear threatening in any way- she has ordinary hands, a sweetly smiling face, and she is posed such that she appears to be beckoning for a warm embrace. From behind, however, the story is different. A scorpion's tail coils behind her, obscured by angelic wings, and on the back of her head has a malevolent, fanged grin. This Herald's purpose is to usurp and undermine rather than directly fight. She can force rerolls of successful morale checks, prevent foes from targeting her or her allies, and even cause the enemy to fire on their own. In addition, against singular foes she is lethal. However, the more she actually kills, and the more times the foe resists her siren call, the less effective she becomes.

Fluffwise, she is the embodiment of Slaanesh's ability to subvert and corrupt. A Heartslaver is not a Daemonette at all, but a Keeper of Secrets. Some of the oldest, most favoured and most cunning of these monstrous daemons come to an "enlightenment" of sorts, and choose to relinquish their great size and terrifying power in favour of the most devastating weapon of all- deceit. For whilst some foes must be sliced apart or torn limb from limb, there are those who would be better perverted to the will of Slaanesh, utilized as pawns in the great game. To this end, they shirk their monstrous forms in favour of an appearance of pure, innocent beauty, and perfect crafts almost alien to other daemons- kindness, tenderness and love. To break a foe's army, they will not plant a dagger in the back of a commander; rather, they will come to him in the night and give him affection and warmth that would melt even the hardest of hearts, breaking his will to fight not out of fear, but out of love. To accept the apparent benevolence of these beings is to give in to eternal damnation, however, for those that open their hearts to them will be subjugated to their will completely and utterly, and will commit the vilest atrocities imaginable in order to please their new master, They have a place on the battlefield too, for those that bear witness to their impossible beauty find themselves unable to raise arms against them, and a single honeyed whisper from these creatures can leave the most loyal of warriors turning on their own. The irony is that in spite of their ulterior motives of serving their master Slaanesh, they are genuinely benevolent, kind and loving creatures- after all, wouldn't it be better if mortals rejected the foolishness of morality and duty and embraced the eternal happiness that is Slaanesh's favour? However, those who manage to resist the temptations of the Heartslaver will be faced with a wrath beyond compare- any who reject the daemon's love will be hunted down without remorse, before being injected with soul-destroying venom from the sting in her tail.

Tzeentch:

"White Cartographer"- A white horror, carrying maps, compasses and globes (of varying shapes) in its many arms, this daemon is a mobility-enhancing buff unit. It allows Tzeentch daemons unparalleled mobility, enabling units to disappear from the table and deep strike wherever they please. Such shenanigans are not without risk, however, for lesser servants of the Great Conspirator have a habit of getting lost...

Fluffwise, the White Cartographer is one half of a Grey Horror- a lesser daemon of Tzeentch that has gotten lost in his great library, yet has somehow escaped. The Grey Horror will split into two, one of these being the White Cartographer. These jovial and witty daemons gain infinite knowledge of the geometry of both the Warp and Realspace, and can move through both in seemingly impossible ways. They know the hidden paths and concealed entrances and exits of every plane, and use them to their advantage. They perform feats of translocation incredible even by daemonic standards, stalking out from the shadows of foes and slipping away beneath the horizon, there is no location that cannot be intruded upon or escaped from by a White Cartrographer. The other daemons of the Changer of Ways look upon them with great jealousy- which does not go unnoticed by them. They will often serve as guides to their colleagues on the battlefield, infilitrating entire legions of Horrors through a reflection, or hiding a Lord of Change in plain sight. Of course, they are deceitful creatures like all daemons of Tzeentch, and will often use their knowledge to "accidentally" dispose of a rival.

"Black Obliviators"- A black horror, wreathed in smoke and carrying an icon of a closed eye. These heralds confound, befuddle and enfeeble the foe- they debuff the enemy in various ways, ranging from reducing their chance to hit in melee or at range, decreasing their movement speed, leaving them with a maximum "range" to their line of sight, and even forcing them to be unable to act, or even act out of phase.

The other half of a split Grey Horror, the Black Obliviators are spiteful, malicious beings. They consider themselves above all others, and believe that "lesser beings" have no right to the wisdom and knowledge of the world. As such, they make it their mission to blind, deafen and render senseless, sealing off the wonders of the world to those incapable of properly appreciating it. They take particular delight in cursing those who consider themselves wise or learned- soothsayers find themselves blinded to the future, historians find their memories slipping away, and philosophers become incapable of discerning even basic right and wrong. It is the Black Obliviator's greatest joy to enfeeble and cripple, leaving the foe utterly helpless. Other Horrors do their best to avoid them, for they are not above the Obliviator's spite; indeed, they have loyalty to nobody. They are, however, cowardly creatures, and as such it only takes the ire of a Lord of Change or other daemon more powerful than itself to force them in line and to direct their powers of obfuscation against the enemy as opposed to their "comrades".