Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A 'Whole lot of Gold"...White Dwarf Feb 2018

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

Constantine Trajanus Ultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Not getting too excited (okay, I am actually) but could this be a peek at some new info / models for the Custodes ?  

25524008128_922c751935_z.jpg

38888890625_1e45b776e3_m.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,941 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Or more Sigmarites?...
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 880 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

It's been, what, six months since the last big Sigmarine release? So we're about due for them getting rammed down our throats again.

Could be Valoris though, or even both.

• Marshal Loss likes this

Deepstrike_Nick

Deepstrike_Nick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
*fingers crossed* Probably age of sigmar, but one can always hope!

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,330 posts
AoS will focus on death I reckon. We might be in for some Custodes.

Crizza

Crizza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
  • Faction: Knights Templar

Death as in Nurgle for AoS? Would make sense for a new batch of Sigmarines^^

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
I want it to be Custodes, but it’ll probably be Sigmarines.
I hope I’m wrong tho.
  • Honda likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png   gallery_86352_14298_17387.jpg gallery_86352_12089_19839.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,720 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition

I don't follow the GW media stuff too much ... but are Sigmarines always referred to as warriors in gold the way Custodes are? Seems to me that you see a fair bit of non-gold Sigmarines. The one and only Age of Sigmar book I own has a kind of dark turquoise colour scheme featured on the front cover. So I'm leaning towards "a whole lot of gold" being Custodes, especially since it fits with the truly break-neck speed of codex releases this edition.

Angels Sorrowful, my Blood Angels Successor Chapter: WIP Thread (update 07/10/16 Two Tactical Squads Complete) and Brotherhood of Angels Entry
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpgETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I don't know, that there were any info of stand alone custodes codex, So Maby we will see "imperium agents" codex with inq, custodes, sos And So on. It is Also Nice counter for chaos codex (the best would be grey knights, but They already have codex), And that early release might be true, because we didn't have any changes in CA, same as deamons

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,330 posts
A trio box.
Dorn, Valoris, and the sisters of Silence HQ.
Or Maybe Valoris and some terminators and a transport and a dread?
  • Red_Shift likes this

Old-Four-Arms

Old-Four-Arms

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts

According to Silentz on DakkaDakka, his store manager thinks there could be a jetbike for the Custodes.

For what it's worth (add salt to your liking), my own store manager mentioned something similar : a future

Custodes release with Terminators and a jetbike.

We'll know soon enough, I guess...

Old-Four-Arms

• Sete likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,330 posts
The eagle head rumour pic looks like the eagle on a Custodes jetbike artwork.

Edited by Sete, 31 December 2017 - 09:53 PM.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts
If it's Dorn I'm going straight down Natwest and asking for another loan.
  • Sete and Theradrussian like this

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes
The source I heard had also mentioned jetbikes......would be awesome !
  • Sete likes this

38888890625_1e45b776e3_m.jpg

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I would love to see more plastic custodes, but would GW release plastic terminators and jet bikes this close to the FW resin versions?
  • Honda likes this

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 498 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

One possibility, when going along with the alleged issues FW is having currently with their stuff (The 3d printer, etc) is maybe the popularity of Custodes surpassed their ability to keep up with demand and thus they're bringing it over to 40k?

But seems we'll see next month at least. 

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,894 posts

To add some credance.. On Facebook the other day one of the WHC guys said he was starting an army of Custodes because he was so excited for Valoris. Now, there isn't too much to an "Army" of Custodes right now is there? Hopefully his words have meaning....

Interesting.

Makes me wary to buy anything at the moment! I never know if I want to expand a current army, start a new one or wait for what's next!!!

• Sete likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,330 posts
I firmly believe that the eagle head rumour engine is from a jetbike.
Also one of the Recent ones, the hair is from terminators. It will be so.
  • PJ1933 and Charlo like this

Deepstrike_Nick

Deepstrike_Nick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
This months' White Dwarf also has some custodes armies that belong to the GW-crew. My hype is intensifying!

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Faction: Chaos/Imperium

This needs to be true, I've neglected mine for some time now.  

gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngX2Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png WHTV40kListsHeader Custodes

Crizza

Crizza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
  • Faction: Knights Templar

My bet is a new Contemptor for the Custodes...
They already have access to the Contemptor but that BaC modell is just dull.
Considering jetbikes... dunno, I can't stand GW releasing new jetbikes while FW has them.
I ordered my FW Custodes stuff and after spotting a miscast I was promised spare parts from their stockpile, so I doubt the point that FW is not able to keep up with their demands.
What I could see are lesser versions of the Custodes, as in Indomitus TDAs and so on.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,894 posts

The jet-bikes we got are totally different from the old artwork, so there is room for that pattern too :)

According to the "Golden Legion" novel, then the Custodes definitely have the Sword & Board Contemptors knocking around plus whatever else I'm forgetting (I think there was TDA) but it doesn't seem like there are Grav tanks left.

custodes-jetbike.jpg

• Sete likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,330 posts
From the 2 Wraight books.
They have Terminators, Contemptors, some sort of flyer, I'm pretty sure some kind of grav veichle is mentioned on Emperor's legion.
Don't remember jetbike tho.
The eagle teaser looks like it could be from one of them bikes.
I saved up a few quid for this Custodes release. Do not disappoint me GW.

Edited by Sete, 03 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Sprues&Brews

Sprues&Brews

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
In Emperor's Legion they mention Contemptors with Swords and Shields, a single seater flyer (The Talion) and Terminator armoured Custodians.

I would expect there to be plastic kits for each of the above with this release. As I already own the FW Dreads and Terminators I'm hoping they will be compatible and look similar - but who knows.
There was a chat on a Custodes facebook group a few weeks ago, someone who had been involved in playtesting at GW has apparently seen a couple of new plastic kits, so I'm pretty confident Custodes are getting something soon.

I wonder whether it will be a pure Adeptus Custodes release or will Sisters also join them in the codex? It was interesting that although the Sisters of Silence were in the Emperor's Legion book, there was no mention of any specific units (unlike the Custodians). I remember the Dark Imperium book went out of it's way to mention all the new DeathGuard and Primaris units.

I believe they also mention the Hetaeron Guard (I think these don't leave the Throne room though) and Tribunes in Emperor's Legion, so maybe we will get rules for these units as well?

Edited by Sprues&Brews, 03 January 2018 - 12:00 PM.

• Sete likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,894 posts

Ooooo I forgot about the Talion!

A Custodes flyer would be awesome. I can't recall, was it more of a Fighter or did it have Transport capacity?

It feels weird that we'd see GW do the Terminators or Sword & Shield Dreads with FW already making bloody excellent kits for them - they'd have to be different enough to be necessary IMO. So not "Aquilon pattern" TDA but something new. The current plastic Contemptor is woefully lacking in detail for the Emperor's Best Bois.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users