Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A 'Whole lot of Gold"...White Dwarf Feb 2018

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

Constantine Trajanus Ultor

Constantine Trajanus Ultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

For those that missed it elsewhere:

IVAKsaz.jpg

To be honest, I've warmed to it slightly with the better pics. 

It's still far too busy over all but if the over the shoulder pelt and xenos skull can be removed without too much difficulty, it would, to my mind at least, improve the mini dramatically. The Guardian Spear is still over the top.

The head isn't as bad as I first thought, the armour is nicely detailed, good scrollwork and I'm starting to like the wing on the right shoulder as it adds a regal look. 

Still don't like it, but it's no longer an automatic fail to my mind.

I didn't like the picture, but the actual model is a bit better, but still too busy IMO. 

I might get one, but would add a different head, really don't like that one. I would also remove the "Goat Carcass" from his armor, why would one of the greatest warriors in the imperium have a dead goat adorning his armor ?!?!? Would need to cut off the goat, and then put a greenstuff robe over the area....

Could be a better route to get the awesome Dorn model and make him a Shield Captain / Warlord for my army. Really like the Dorn model. 

• Knight of Lupus likes this

38888890625_1e45b776e3_m.jpg

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts

Is anyone else finding that all the plumes for the Warders don't quite fit seamlessly with the helmets? Is that line/small gap supposed to be there? The website doesn't have a 360 of a helmet (maybe for that reason).

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 728 posts
  • Faction: All things Heresy

Is anyone else finding that all the plumes for the Warders don't quite fit seamlessly with the helmets? Is that line/small gap supposed to be there? The website doesn't have a 360 of a helmet (maybe for that reason).

I've had that same issue with a couple of the guardian helmets that I've assembled. It seems like sometimes they just don't want to line up right. Could just be me though.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,466 posts
On my way to get my Vertus Praetors and then home to put paint on models for the first time in over a week! So hype.

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard

Valdor is Horrifyingly goofy

Mechanicus must be low on funds since all primarchs wear the same armour msn-wink.gif

Edited by noigrim, 03 February 2018 - 09:16 PM.

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,466 posts
Interesting: the Vertus Praetor’s come with both 75mm oval bike/cav bases and 60mm clear flight bases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users