Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A 'Whole lot of Gold"...White Dwarf Feb 2018

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Chapter Name: Marines , Custodes & Guard

There won't be any FW stuff into the codex, just plastics you'll see

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

Crizza

Crizza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
  • Chapter Name: Knights Templar

Which does not stack with the informations of FW sofar or the information from "The Emperors" Legion"...

Then again FW could make some "Play AC in 40k stuff... -.-

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Which does not stack with the informations of FW sofar or the information from "The Emperors" Legion"...
GW has NEVER put Forgeworld units in their codex books. Never.
That won't change anytime soon, but Forgeworld have said that they will make 40k rules for 'some' of their 30k units. We just don't know when

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 517 posts

GW has NEVER put Forgeworld units in their codex books. Never.
That won't change anytime soon, but Forgeworld have said that they will make 40k rules for 'some' of their 30k units. We just don't know when

To be pedantic, GW have previously had models available only from FW in Codices (e.g. the Medusa in, I think, the 5th edition Guard Codex, or the twin-linked autocannon for Dreadnoughts); however, all the recent evidence (including loss of options, like the aforementioned Dreadnought with TLAC, on transfer from Index to Codex) points to GW only putting units with models from the main studio, not FW, in the Codices as a policy now.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Yes, FW is owed by GW but they are fairly independent as they have their own finances, design studio and sculptures.  It is why they focus on things normally not covered by the main GW lines.  30k being their biggest overall success and non direct overlap in products.  Also some people are going to nerd rage over this but it is the reason they make some models a clear tier higher in rules then GW aka a best in slot.  This keeps their sales high enough so they can keep in business or not downsized by GW.  For example 30k was a huge seller, I'm not sure now as many people have come back to 40k after leaving in 6th/7th.  The Leviathan dread and Sicaran are both over the top and best in slot and I see in the different FB groups choosing these over the GW options consistently.

We know FW is doing something and it is coming but I expect the only part of the 30k custody range to make it over.  Mainly dreads, hover tech and some infantry but things that are standout 30k style like those Aquiline Terminator with adrathic destructor or their jet bikes may not make it.  Their jet bikes because of weapons and direct overlap with the new GW bikes but this is a guess. 

I was also told by a GW store manager and friend of many years that the GW and FW purchasing systems were independent and not compatible and that is why he was told that they did not sell FW stuff at the GW store.  I'm aware there were some special tier GW stores in the USA at one point that did sell FW but this is from one of those new 1 man stores they created a few years back.   

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Chapter Name: CSM/Custodes

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

New Article!

The jetbikes are amazing, I love the lance!  I'm seriously considering a unit of 3 with a mounted Shield Captain now.  Those melta missiles seem on the mandatory side to me since both the sentinel blade and the guardian spear are solid anti infantry options.  Additionally that counter charge strategem is fantastic, being able to intercept a unit going for our infantry will be crucial in what I am assuming to be one of the lowest model count armies.

Edited by MyD4rkPassenger, Yesterday, 03:29 PM.

gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png gallery_48988_10069_47070.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,193 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Yep bikes are amazing. If the Captain can take a spear on a bike, I'm buying 2 boxes.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Vertus Praetors seem to be an auto take for support diversity if not anything else. 

Even shooting the flakkburst at a non flying unit will just bring it to a 3+ to hit if these are also a BS2+ unit. The boost of 6" and not needing to roll is a nice perk and they have a range threat area of influence of 38".  The lances are nice and simple just in line with the spear with a bonus on the charge.  

Stooping Dive is huge and the stratagems we have seen makes me think Valoris's Moment Shackle might be best used trying to get back D3 command points.

So for near 850 ish points for two Vet LRs you can get use out of Networked Machine spirits.  I'm not sold on this one but it is not bad besides the heavy cost of the models.

I see Wisdom of the Ancients a nice counter to -1 to hit modifiers or to help once you have taken damage.   

Yep, Sete I'm with you as 2 boxes is the way to go.

Bell has been releasing some editorials on their thoughts about AC.  The most interesting thing out of them is that they had info from a tester that they only had 19 models in the list.  No info on army size or composition but as we know things in AC are not cheap.   

• Sete likes this

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

I think that 19 model at 2000 count came from GW's own facebook page, when people were lamenting how powerful these units are compared to their armies.  I'm almost positive the list we will see in the Warhammer TV stream is the 19 model one. 

gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png gallery_48988_10069_47070.png

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Ya there is a huge amount of the sky is falling on FB.  People to often look at rules in a bubble and don't have the experience to understand it as a greater part.  I'm new to AC but played Deathwing for years and understand the core elements of 2+ elite army.  I'm also a long time DG player and know that they have some units and combos that make them even harder to kill then AC in some cases.  

Good call on that being on the stream!  I can't recall do you need to pay for twitch channel to watch the GW steams? 

Captain Rex

Captain Rex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts

These Vertus Praetors are Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

40kCustodes Jan17 Vertus1hw

Edited by Captain Rex, Yesterday, 04:22 PM.

• balordazul likes this

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

I'm unsure, I live in the states so the time never matches up and I'm usually at work when they stream.  I tend to come here once it's over to get a recap.  

I'm already feeling the hate, people at my store weren't too happy on saturday when my 10 man unit wiped out some 60 power lists pre codex almost by themselves. I've already been told the army shouldn't exist by a few players.  I just shrug it off, same thing happened to guard when that codex dropped and I'm betting when the new hotness comes people will forget about the Custodes.  

• noigrim likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 532 posts
The jetbikes are the best thing ever!

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Chapter Name: Marines , Custodes & Guard

nice bikes looks like you can drop, run and charge in the enemy's turn

guess I'll get the bikes first, I'm thinking on gluing spare shields on the left arm for a more knightly look

Edited by noigrim, Yesterday, 05:41 PM.

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Vertus Praetors seem to be an auto take for support diversity if not anything else.

Even shooting the flakkburst at a non flying unit will just bring it to a 3+ to hit if these are also a BS2+ unit. The boost of 6" and not needing to roll is a nice perk and they have a range threat area of influence of 38". The lances are nice and simple just in line with the spear with a bonus on the charge.

Stooping Dive is huge and the stratagems we have seen makes me think Valoris's Moment Shackle might be best used trying to get back D3 command points.

So for near 850 ish points for two Vet LRs you can get use out of Networked Machine spirits. I'm not sold on this one but it is not bad besides the heavy cost of the models.

I see Wisdom of the Ancients a nice counter to -1 to hit modifiers or to help once you have taken damage.

Yep, Sete I'm with you as 2 boxes is the way to go.

Bell has been releasing some editorials on their thoughts about AC. The most interesting thing out of them is that they had info from a tester that they only had 19 models in the list. No info on army size or composition but as we know things in AC are not cheap.

Flakk missiles would be hitting on a 4+, as they're a heavy weapon :)

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,831 posts
I was hoping he bikes had a gun on the Lance (look at the hilt).

I'm guessing the heavy restriction won't apply to jetbikes but who knows.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Right but do we know if all custodians are BS2+?  It would be strange in the basic guard are 2+ but the Vertus Praetors are not.  Also we don't know if the bike counts as a stable weapon platform but I don't think it will.

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Right but do we know if all custodians are BS2+? It would be strange in the basic guard are 2+ but the Vertus Praetors are not. Also we don't know if the bike counts as a stable weapon platform but I don't think it will.

Yup, they said in the troops article that they're all BS2+ :D
So with the flakk missiles, -1 to hit if moving, -1 to hit for shooting at non-flyer.

Would be cool if they were a stable platform though

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Good call on that being on the stream! I can't recall do you need to pay for twitch channel to watch the GW steams?

You can watch the stream live for free, if you want to watch a recording of a previous stream you need to pay.

I'm going to have to try and find a way to get out of work early to catch the show on Thursday

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

Right but do we know if all custodians are BS2+? It would be strange in the basic guard are 2+ but the Vertus Praetors are not. Also we don't know if the bike counts as a stable weapon platform but I don't think it will.

Yup, they said in the troops article that they're all BS2+ biggrin.png
So with the flakk missiles, -1 to hit if moving, -1 to hit for shooting at non-flyer.

Oh crap that slipped my mind ..... melta missile to kill Ork boyz it is.  

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Yup, they said in the troops article that they're all BS2+ biggrin.png

Oh crap that slipped my mind ..... melta missile to kill Ork boyz it is.
The flakk is worse vs flying units than the melta. Even vs assault marines. Jeez xD
Oh well

Edited by Darkwrath121, Yesterday, 08:18 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users