Painting and slightly modifying a 1k Sons Daemon Prince

Quixus

I was wondering whether to paint a daemon prince with traditional red armour and blue skin (somewhere between this and that skin tone) or with Thousand Sons blue armour and red skin.

I'm also thinking about giving him the sword from the Daemon Prince picture above, but would like to know if the ridiculous prongs near the tip of the blade can easily be removed.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Its really up to you and what the rest of your army looks like. That being said, a daemon prince with red skin might look more khorne-y. It all depends on if the rest of your army is red or blue?

As for the prongs, i dont see why you couldn't just cut them off and file the sword sharp again. Super easy!

Thanks guys. the rest of the army will have blue armour i.e. post Rubric. I thought it might be a nice contrast if the daemon prince still had red armour and with that I think blue skin goes well.

Great model Heliomanes, but to me that looks too much like a mount and rider instead of a single entity and not 40K enough. Just out of curiosity, which model(s) did you use?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice pics man!!

@Quixus, Hope you dont mind me asking on your thread but saw no reason to start a new one.

I am looking for bird wings for my DP, gw model.

I got a plastic Vrock from Reaper and the long neck and head look great on tbe model but the wings are disappointingly puny and sad, ha.

I put it together using the warhammer torso instead of power armor torso though added as most leg and shoulder armor. Hd looks great actually with an icon of flame on a kitbashed staff like a mini lord of change.

But my DP needs better wings, at least size appropriate though also want impressive.

Any kits out there yall now of where i might get off a bitz monger?

Nice pics man!!

@Quixus, Hope you dont mind me asking on your thread but saw no reason to start a new one.

I am looking for bird wings for my DP, gw model.

I got a plastic Vrock from Reaper and the long neck and head look great on tbe model but the wings are disappointingly puny and sad, ha.

I put it together using the warhammer torso instead of power armor torso though added as most leg and shoulder armor. Hd looks great actually with an icon of flame on a kitbashed staff like a mini lord of change.

But my DP needs better wings, at least size appropriate though also want impressive.

Any kits out there yall now of where i might get off a bitz monger?

I would try to find wings from the old pegasus knights from brettonia, they make great bird wings.