Legion of the Ashen Choir (5/26/19) BlightLords

CMDR_Welles

I am at a point I felt comfortable taking some pics of my progress. I still need to add basing material to most of these bases, but otherwise they are almost ready for priming. I've still got 20 of 26 Poxwalkers to finish assembling. Once assembly and basing are complete, I'll be breaking out the airbrush to prime and basecoat them all in one go. I've still got some work to do before then though.

A few notes:

Sorry for the bad pictures on some of these. My camera batteries were dying.

Group Shot

That is a 20 man Cultist Squad with 2 Heavy Stubbers and Autoguns.

The Helbrute is fully magnetized, those were just the weapon options I could find tonight. I'm still not set on using it because it doesn't have Disgustingly Resilient... But we'll see. I also have a melee converted one with two Fists and HFlamers, but I need to finish it.

Drones1

Drones are all the base drones from Dark Imperium, two of which are sporting Faceplates from the Drone kit. I still haven't assembled the Drone kit Drone yet as I want to magnetize it for Spitters and Mower. I'm just out of magnets right now.

Plasma Squad

Plasma Squad

Blight Launcher Squad

Blight Launcher Squad

Close Support Squad with Meltaguns and a Flail

Melta Squad

And some Close ups. 

Close1

Close2

I really like Fly Guy.

Edited by CMDR_Welles

As pictured its 1509 points, 1629 points with a unit of 20 Poxwalkers. 

Lord of Contagion

-  Manreaper

Plaguecaster

Noxious Blightbringer

Plague Marine Squad 1

- Champion with Fist and Plasma Gun

- Plague Marine with Plasma Gun

- Plague Marine with Plasma Gun

- 4 Plague Marines with Bolters

Plague Marine Squad 2

- Champion with Fist and Plague Sword

- Plague Marine with Blight Launcher

- Plague Marine with Blight Launcher

- Plague Marine with Bolter and Icon of Dispair

- 3 Plague Marines with Bolters

Plague Marine Squad 3

- Champion with Fist and Plasma Pistol

- Plague Marine with Meltagun

- Plague Marine with Meltagun

- Plague Marine with Bolter and Icon of Dispair

- Plague Marine with Flail of Contagion

- 2 Plague Marines with Bolters

Cultist Squad

- Champion with Shotgun

- Cultist with Heavy Stubber

- Cultist with Heavy Stubber

- 17 Cultists with Autoguns

Foetid Bloat Drone

- 2 Plaguespitters

Foetid Bloat Drone

- 2 Plaguespitters

Foetid Bloat Drone

- Heavy Blight Launcher

Helbrute

- Reaper Autocannon

- Power Scourge

That's a nice sizable force you got there buddy! Now get those sick boys painted so you can spread father nurgle's gifts!

I need to finish assembly and base, but I hope I can get started on them soon otherwise. Things are slow because of my eyesight

I'd pretty much given up on Christmas again this year. Not really had one or gifts since my Father died in 2012. The week before Christmas we found out my mom has cancer, so that was looking to be the only "gift" we were going to get...

Today that changed when these arrived. It might not seem like much, but it made the world of difference to me. Thank you Secret Santa. I cannot express to you my thanks and gratitude. It has brought tears to my eyes

mwIZbVs.jpg

Gee man I'm sorry to hear that.... but glad to see your secret santa has 'bloated' your Christmas loot.

Have fun with it. I'm really thinking of grabbing Felthius and the boys too. (I think they will be useful as our access to a 3 man Cat squad).

Also those Blight Haulers are just plain fun. Super easy to put together (in my thread I have a Wip picture, but am finishing them now). Have fun with it.

Gee man I'm sorry to hear that.... but glad to see your secret santa has 'bloated' your Christmas loot.

Have fun with it. I'm really thinking of grabbing Felthius and the boys too. (I think they will be useful as our access to a 3 man Cat squad).

Also those Blight Haulers are just plain fun. Super easy to put together (in my thread I have a Wip picture, but am finishing them now). Have fun with it.

Thanks man.

I've almost got the hauler together for the most part. I'm probably going leave it in subassemblies for ease of painting.

The Blightlords are mostly assembled now.I need to get a 50mm base for Felthius. I know he comes on a 40mm, but I want the base size the same as the Dark Imperium LoC.

Hopefully I'll have a progress pic up soon.

Your threads has been an inspiration Prot.

Finished assembly and basing of Lord Felthius, his Cohort and the Plague Hauler I got for Christmas. I also took a pic of the 26 Poxwalkers I finished a few days ago.

0feUxHx.jpg

AIZsGCi.jpg

gkE4Tbj.jpg

4gyxKD1.jpg

oO0meAy.jpg

I'm hoping I can get to the Airbrush soon. I have to have 3 fillings tomorrow, moms cardiologist appointment is on Friday, so hopefully Saturday I can get the time to start priming and basecoating

Yea that’s a lot of work ahead of you. Great start though. The details on those figs is incredible. Take your time and really enjoy it.

I’m Looking forward to the updates!

Yeah, I know its a lot of work, and with my track record its going to be hard going. I've honestly not had a fully painted army since 1996 and my Necromunda Gang...

I'm probably going to tackle the Poxwalkers first. If I can push through that slog, then I think the rest of the army will go a lot smoother. After that,

I'll probably do something fun and then finish off those Cultists that have been primed for ages lol.

With all the problems going on, I need this distraction. It's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment...

I still havent decided on a color scheme yet though...

Been a productive couple of days. I've got all of my Death Guard that is assembled and primed. This is kind of a big deal for me. Now, I just need to get paint on them!

I still have to prime the Helbrute Weapons tomorrow, and then I can put my painting station back together for painting. Then that will leave one Drone left to assemble, but I'm waiting on magnets for that project though.

These were primed using Vallejo Surface Primer Ghost Grey, through my Badger 155 Anthem.

KzhOltB.jpg

OzJxdh3.jpg

oa2DIEt.jpg

yBy57Vc.jpg

Wow. That is a ton of stuff. I’d be intimidated by all that at once. I’m glad you’re taking the challenge head on in a big chunk.

I have to,work on mine in smaller chunks. Looking forward to,your progress. :thumbsup:

I'm going to break it down once painting starts. I need to work on one or two models to solidify color scheme and then crank out the harder things like the 26 Poxwalkers and 20 Cultists.

I might start off with either Felthius or the DI LoC and go from there. OR I might start off with the Plasma Gun Plague Marine squad.

I've not had a painted army since 1996 (my Orlock gang), so I am really trying to get this done this year. It will be a huge accomplishment. This new medication cocktail I'm on seems to be working, but I also dont want to jinx it. I'm not going to rush this project as I dont want to get discouraged, but I also dont want to break this momentum

Edited by CMDR_Welles

Looking like a nice little army.

Either here or WIP is good. WIP is probably better if you wanna expand to other armies but for just Death Guard, here is great.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Stay positive though, my mum had cancer and she beat it and is fighting fit today, four years later. Gotta keep positive! It’s a bit cliche but it’s true.

Looking like a nice little army.

Either here or WIP is good. WIP is probably better if you wanna expand to other armies but for just Death Guard, here is great.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Stay positive though, my mum had cancer and she beat it and is fighting fit today, four years later. Gotta keep positive! It’s a bit cliche but it’s true.

I'll keep it here then, I dont plan anything but Death Guard for the foreseeable future.

and thanks. Its hard keeping it together with the depression and PTSD the concerning my fathers death. This project is keeping my mind off it that is for sure.

We found out that she is go for surgery before the pacemaker, the cardiologist wants that done before he goes in for the heart. Cancer surgery is going to be Jan 18, so we wont have to wait too long.

Do you have a particular scheme in mind?

/cries no...

I'm still debating that... I'm probably going to go Death Guard Green as I bought the paint already. I need to paint a model to lock down the scheme, but I cant decide which one I should start with.

Do you have a particular scheme in mind?

/cries no...

I'm still debating that... I'm probably going to go Death Guard Green as I bought the paint already. I need to paint a model to lock down the scheme, but I cant decide which one I should start with.

Do just a regular rank and file trooper, a plague marine with just a bolter, that way you can refine exactly how you want the scheme. I might even do a test model. Find a basic unused mini with similar qualities to what you want to test the scheme on (a spare marine for your plagues, a guardsman for your cultists) and just test out how it looks on them!

Edit: personally I love the bone and black preheresy scheme! My "plaque" marines will use a modified version of that scheme

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

As I am new to B&C, should I be posting this here or in the Work in Progress section?

If your intent is to just show the progress of a paint and build type of thread, then a WIP thread is fine. If you intend on exploring more of the hobby, then you can just do it here.

I have threads in WIP that are purely paint and build. I have a Death Guard hobby thread here though because it will showcase some thoughts on playstyle, some fiction reviews, and have links to my batreps. 

I hope that clears some things up and gives you some ideas.