Ideas to kitbash Grandmaster

Demon856

Yeah unfortunately, unless you're a greenstuff/putty wizard. It's relatively hard to make a kitbashed GK HQ model really stand out without looking like the rest.

So since I have no skills, I just used stern, replaced his head, gave him a hammer and used the old school psycannon arm instead of a bolter.

When converting my Grey Knights Librarian, I used the Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour and chopped him up at the waist, because I wanted his torso and arms to match the rest of my Paladin army.

I then used Grey Knights Terminator/Paladin arms, torso and head. You could do the same and equip him with weapons more suitable for your desired Grand Master rather than the Librarian's force staff I used.

I used the terminator justicar body and added a sm banner to the back mounting point then just searched my bits box for a suitable head

For librarians i added the raven wing biker feathered banner bits to either side of the back mounting point (see my avatar for a really tiny shot of what i mean) there's a third one that is pinned so i can remove it if i wanted him to be lvl 2 instead of lvl 3

Amazing! Did you use the new librarian as base? (legs, staff and book?)

Thanks! Yeah, that's right, though only the force staff head is from the Librarian. I am thinking of going back and making the shaft of the staff more ornate, a bit like I've done with my Brotherhood Champion's halberd (I know they can't take a halberd so will use the rules for a sword as usual - halberd just fit the model I used better):

8l2gxgK.jpg

• 3 weeks later...