Ride the Lightning // VIII Legion

+++ Ride the Lightning +++

Sons of a Sunless World: The VIII Legion

ride2.png

"Because in the end, everything we do, is just everything we've done.."

nl1.jpg

+++ Terror Sergeant Aleksander Vaan, Terran Born +++

+++ VIII Legion, 16th Company +++

Happy New Year all! And welcome to my new log dedicated to my Heresy era Night Lords. Now I've tried this before and got distracted by trying to make the army both 30k/40k compliant, as well as the new Death Guard that came out last year. Anyway New Year, New Army and all that, so here's to updating this log regularly, and to actually get a playable force done! Also (shameless plug) you can follow me on Instagram @outlanders_luke for more frequent updates of my various projects, but mainly Chaos and HH focused.

Comments, Criticism and advice is very much welcomed and more updates to come soon.

Edited by outlanders_luke

• 3 weeks later...

nl2.png

+++ Terror Sergeant Cel Notaris, Nostraman Born +++

Unfortunately I haven't been able to start painting, due to the weather and not being able to get anything primed, save for a few test models where I have been trying to work out the main blue for my army. I have however started mocking up another Terror Squad, this time in MkIV armor with the more traditional Terror upgrades. Both squads still need grenades, knives etc added as this is going to be strictly WYSIWYG, as well as trophies of judgement being added.

I have a few other bits and pieces that I have been working on at the same time as these, so I will throw them up here when there done/close to being done, but i'm still waiting on a few parts to arrive.

Anyway, again any comments, criticisms or advice is much appreciated! Ave Dominus Nox 

thumbs up for the title. I like how the sergeants (chainglaives) are posed. do you go for more mix and match (WE helmets on MKIV torsos) or how do you differentiate between parts and units?

Thanks for the comments, the WE helms are for the mkiii currently I've taken inspiration from the crimson sons in book 2

Looking like a nice start brother, going for a Terror Assualt list?

I will be going for terror assault, but aiming for a small 1250 ZM first Edited by outlanders_luke

terms1.jpg

+++ Veteran Squad Noctis, clad in Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour +++

dreadfull1.jpg

+++ Ancient Eniel "The Crimson" - Terran Born, Veteran of the Unification Wars +++

+++ MKIV Castraferrum Pattern Dreadnought +++

So I've decided to get the first 1250 points of the army built up before I get to painting as I think I will be more productive that way, but I have ran out of volkite and pads for this week so I guess that means a trip to WHW on the weekend. Anyway I haven't let that stop me so I knocked together my first unit of Terminators and a Dreadnought.

As always thanks for looking and all C&C is appreciated 

extras1.jpg

+++ unidentified legionaries hailing from both squad Vaan and Notaris +++

Paint will be coming soon I promise! But in the meantime I found some left over shoulder pads and volkite chargers so I was able to get another four terror marines built, just a few more to go, along with a centurion and another dreadnought that will be phase one all built.