Next Ravenspire Section Build

WAR

Next one all aircraft.......ohhh gunship edition

I agree, my awesome wife bought me a fireraptor for Christmas. It's sitting in its bag, untouched, taunting me.

And then when you start building it, it will be blatantly trolling you.

Seriously, it's a pain to build.

How about a "field improvisation" one, for conversions?

great idea

Edited by war009

I agree, my awesome wife bought me a fireraptor for Christmas. It's sitting in its bag, untouched, taunting me.

That's what I keep reading... lol. I want to take my time on it though to get it right. So maybe I won't make it a vow. Lol

That's what I keep reading... lol. I want to take my time on it though to get it right. So maybe I won't make it a vow. Lol

The biggest problem is you'll find that a lot of parts are ever so slightly warped. So you don't notice on the sprues, but after you get 3 parts glued together it's off enough the 4th piece won't fit.

I highly recommend blue tac.

Trial fit everything with blue tac before you glue. You'll thank yourself for it. Wish someone had told ME that.

For my StormEagle back in the day (somewhere beginning of 6th edition I guess), re-usable zip ties were awesome. Put the main body together, zip tie it so it doesn't fall off again (as warped as it was). Hot water bath, fasten the zip ties, let cool down, repeat until it fits. But the remaining part quality was below what I expect of the chinese, rumor is they at least made a new mould that isn't as crappy...

The biggest problem is you'll find that a lot of parts are ever so slightly warped. So you don't notice on the sprues, but after you get 3 parts glued together it's off enough the 4th piece won't fit.

I highly recommend blue tac.

Trial fit everything with blue tac before you glue. You'll thank yourself for it. Wish someone had told ME that.

For my StormEagle back in the day (somewhere beginning of 6th edition I guess), re-usable zip ties were awesome. Put the main body together, zip tie it so it doesn't fall off again (as warped as it was). Hot water bath, fasten the zip ties, let cool down, repeat until it fits. But the remaining part quality was below what I expect of the chinese, rumor is they at least made a new mould that isn't as crappy...

Thank you both for the advice and insight! Hopefully I'll start work on it in a few months. I've ordered some more clamps and rubber bands. I'll look for blue tack and re-useable zip ties tomorrow. I want to build up to it. I have a Landspeeder Tempest, Leviathan Dreadnought and Xiphon Interceptor to gain some experience on. Maybe a Spartan too, if I can swing it.

The Tempest's top fin may give you fits because you need to properly line them up to the fuselage within the superglue "locking" time :P

I've heard the Spartan is a bear as well, good luck there!

Edited by Race Bannon

The Tempest's top fin may give you fits because you need to properly line them up to the fuselage within the superglue "locking" time :P

I've heard the Spartan is a bear as well, good luck there!

I did have issues with that. The fin kept slipping off, and the antennas broke so many times I hade to replace them with brass rod. Just waiting on a new base as I'm not too happy with the clear flying ones.