Mini of the year 2017 - what do you pick?

Aramis K

Warhammer Community has a poll up to vote for mini of the year 2017.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/01/2017-miniature-of-the-year-vote-nowgw-homepage-post-2/

What did you vote for and why?

I went for St Celestine.

Not as detailed or huge as some, but because it has character in all the right ways. I love the doves and flowers, the overall silouette, the changes she heralded, and that they're making plastic women.

99120108008_TriumvirateoftheImperium06.j

I considered the Redemptor, because of how posable the kit is, but I can't forgive that belly.

I considered Primaris because I think they're a great design refresh of Marines designed to be great to paint.

And I considered Horticulous Slimux for how much cartoon character they created.

Edited by Aramis K

I voted for Belisarius Cawl. Not as huge as some models but his intricate, symbol riddled chassis was the techno-organic nightmare the Adeptus Mechanicus lore always hinted at. I love the finished result after the nervous handling of the admittedly spindly model and I have seen some fantastic examples painted over in the Adeptus Mechanics forum.

If I had a second vote I think I would go for the Primaris Intercessors for space marines that have a very pleasing set of proportions compared to the older models. I'm still not 100% sure about the lore implications behind them, but I think the blend of Mk4 and Mk8 armour to get Tacticus armour looks amazing. I will have to get started on my space marine army so that I can buy a full squad of Primaris marines.

If I was even more lucky and got a third vote I would probably vote for the Escher gangers for Necromunda because they freshen up the ancient gang considerably. This is the only model on my list that I've not actually painted yet but I wouldn't mind giving them a try if I got the chance.

Deathshroud Bodyguard for me. They're my favourite Terminator models GW has ever produced, which says a lot because I'm a big Terminator fanboy. They really convey a sense of hulking menace on the board, looming over opponents with sheer bulk, and feel like Terminators should to me. Very impressed.

I came really close to choosing the Primaris Apothecary, but, I had to go with the Biologus Putrifier. Both are incredibly cool, characterful miniatures.

Primaris Chaplain...because, y'know...Chaplain. :biggrin.:

But for me, looking back and seeing all the things that came out this year just drives home how excruciatingly long 2017 was.  :dry.:

Edited by Firepower

I initially thought about voting for Saint Celestine as well, but I thought that would be hypocritical of me since I not only proudly still use my old metal Celestine, I converted two metal Seraphim Superiors for Eleanor and Genevieve. I like being the weird old guy with a table full of weird old models.

I decided that I honestly love the Inceptors the most, because they are the most space marine of space marine models GW has yet created. I love them and wish I had more of them!

Cypher for me.

I think Mortarion will win it (my close 2nd favourite) but my outside bet is one of the Kharadron. They were such a shock to fantasy and have some pretty big fans out there.