Question on aggressors grenade launchers.

STTAB

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm heavily considering taking aggressors. Their grenade launchers are worse than their gauntlets and I see no situation where they would use the launcher instead of the boltstorm gauntlets...

Grenades are defined in the rules as handheld explosive devices that are thrown instead of shooting. With the launchers obviously not being handheld, does that mean the aggressors can fire both weapons?

Yep, you can fire both. Which means you have 7-12 bolter shots per model. 14-24 If they don't move.

Now multiply that by the 6 dudes you can take to a squad and realize that if they don't move you get 84 shots....minimum. with up to 144, which is just gross.

Aggressors are great! Just grabbed a second box of them to run their boltstorms + GLs!

So how are you using them? I haven't used them yet, but have three on my assembly desk and three more on order. Even three of them produce a deluge of fire when they don't move -- 36 bolters + 6d6 from GLs. But that wasn't enough?

Any wisdom on making the most out of these slow but steady bad boys is appreciated!

So how are you using them? I haven't used them yet, but have three on my assembly desk and three more on order. Even three of them produce a deluge of fire when they don't move -- 36 bolters + 6d6 from GLs. But that wasn't enough?

Any wisdom on making the most out of these slow but steady bad boys is appreciated!

Well they just did such a good job I needed a second squad!

Besides once your opponent knows what they can do they dont last long on the table!

I use SftS to position them upfield. If I have first turn I'll put them so they're able to double tap. Otherwise I'll deploy them more defensively. I usually support them with my VV's.

I've put together a Brigade list now so that burning CP's for deployment isn't as painful.

Edited by duz_

Well they just did such a good job I needed a second squad!

Besides once your opponent knows what they can do they dont last long on the table!

I use StfS to position them upfield. If I have first turn I'll put them so they're able to double tap. Otherwise I'll deploy them more defensively. I usually support them with my VV's.

I've put together a Brigade list now so that burning CP's for deployment isn't as painful.

That's the reason I'm basing my Carcharadon's list around 6 aggressors and a bunch of Lightning Claw VVs. So killy!

Don't forget to put a Captain nearby for re-rolls!

Just building my first army (for 20years). So some nooby thoughts.

I'm building grey knights, inquisition and inquisition themed Space marines (Raven Guard tactics)

I'm thinking a batallion with jump pack Captain, 2 sniper scouts, 1 shotgun scouts, aggressors, hellblasters (assault) and a venerable dread with las and auto.

Vanguard, Primaris rhino and 6 individual Acolytes.

Outrider, GMDK, 3 interceptors (falscions + 1 warding stave) and apothecary.

I'm thinking the aggressors and hellblasters deploy forward for first turn with shotgun scouts screening or further back if second turn. If dealing with a gun line, the aggressors try to clear a screen for a turn 2 deep strike from the grey knights to get to the stuff that's going to hurt me. If facing hordes, a fighting retreat with the aggressors and hellblasters and the grey knights waiting for a suitable target in the back as the horde advances.

Jump pack Captain and liutenant supporting the aggressors/hellblasters with the Primaris rhino using its 12" +1 to hit on the hellblasters if the have to advance or on the aggressors if they stay stationary.

4 individual Acolytes are for turn 1 deep strike screening the rear, 2 for objectives to get the opponent to waste some long range firepower. Captain, liutenant, Primaris rhino and dreadnought will be deployed close to my line with scouts, aggressors and hellblasters in front.

I've got the all the grey knights, scouts, bits for captain and liutenant, dread on its way.

I was wavering between hellblasters and aggressors but I've made space for both in a 2000 point list. 5 aggressors and 7 hellblasters fits.