Felthius and Tainted Cohort

Prot

So although this kind of falls under Cataphractii talk I was hoping someone who has this box can confirm something for me.... Can we actually deploy/use these guys as a 3 man unit? This would be huge for me.

I think they could be. The rules call them Blightlord Terminators Felthius' Cohort and it also says: This unit contains 3 Blightlord Terminators. So that makes me think it is possible to just deploy the three of them. I doesn't state that they need to be fielded along with their Lord of Contagion, though.

F8g3ygnh.jpg

Fes is exactly like a Codex LoC with Manreaper.

Edit - he doesn’t have a special artifact or anything.

Edited by Kilofix

Yeah, according to his datasheet, he is just an LoC with manreaper, with a name attached. Sadly, they didnt make him a special character, his model is unique enough to have made a named Character.

And even though the Cohort doesnt have a "one per army" stipulation, I dont think the unit was meant to be spammed...

Isnt these not for matched play anyway since the unit is understrength? They dont have matched play points that I can find. The Blightlord with Spitter

doesnt have a melee weapon, so its not legal as a normal Blightlord

That's a good question. I won't buy them if they can't be used in Matched play but I didn't think the 40K stuff being released was in that category (of being illegal for matched play).

I guess that's not true though however look at the Redemptor. It should be legal yet has no Icarus cannon.

I'm really not sure if they would be illegal or not?

Edited by Prot

That's a good question. I won't buy them if they can't be used in Matched play but I didn't think the 40K stuff being released was in that category (of being illegal for matched play).

I guess that's not true though however look at the Redemptor. It should be legal yet has no Icarus cannon.

I'm really not sure if they would be illegal or not?

I honestly dont know. It was just something that occurred to me, but makes sense from everything else. And yeah, the Redemptor left me scratching my head as well...

I'm mean, I'd like to be able to use them as well, since I only have those 3 Blightlords so far. It'll be awhile before I can afford them with everything going on right now.

Sadly, I am all out of Secret Santas

Edited by CMDR_Welles

I think they're totally legal!

As opposed to thinking of them as an under-strength regular Blightlord unit, think of them as just a different unit option called something similar.

You just add up the points as you would any other matched play unit.

Slighlty off topic, but did anyone's not get 50mm base? I got 4 40mm bases and now I am scrambling to find a 50mm base.

Yeah, mine came with a 40mm base as well. I think its because the 40mm bases are tapped to receive the push-fit models, but I dont know of a 50mm that comes pre-tapped. I'm going to email GW support and ask them. I only had the one 50mm for my DI LoC

I think they're totally legal!

As opposed to thinking of them as an under-strength regular Blightlord unit, think of them as just a different unit option called something similar.

You just add up the points as you would any other matched play unit.

Actually I think you're on to something. This is the way I came to believe they were legal.... the title indicates a unique unit entry.

Slighlty off topic, but did anyone's not get 50mm base? I got 4 40mm bases and now I am scrambling to find a 50mm base.

Yeah, mine came with a 40mm base as well. I think its because the 40mm bases are tapped to receive the push-fit models, but I dont know of a 50mm that comes pre-tapped. I'm going to email GW support and ask them. I only had the one 50mm for my DI LoC

A few people have mentioned this. I'm not sure if I can find a single 50mm base for mine.

My GW has been sold out of Blightlord Termies forever, and so was the online store. So this morning I ordered Felthius and the Blightlords hoping to make a large pile of them for the heck of it. Now it appears I have to find a 50mm base as well.

I was also about to ask about the 50mm base myself. I take that, as a  Lord of Contagion, Felthius should have a 50mm base like the one in the Dark Imperium box, doesn't he?

I can easily get one in my Hobby store but it seems strange that GW doesn't mention it anywhere. I wanted to fill Felthius base with Nurglings but the one in the box is too small for that. Only the Blightlords are designed to fit the Nurglings with them.

Heard back from GW Custserv. He does come with a 40mm. They said if we believe it is in error we need to contact the FAQ team and make it known.

This is odd now. I wonder if the Dark Imperium is the one that is wrong... The Paint Holder shows it being used with a DI Lord of Contagion, but only goes up to a 40mm base.

Heard back from GW Custserv. He does come with a 40mm. They said if we believe it is in error we need to contact the FAQ team and make it known.

This is odd now. I wonder if the Dark Imperium is the one that is wrong... The Paint Holder shows it being used with a DI Lord of Contagion, but only goes up to a 40mm base.

Interesting, I hadn't taken a look at the Paint Holder so I didn't know that. I imagined it would work for 50mm and maybe even 60mm.

I imagine the FAQ team has already received emails asking about this but I may send them an email as well.

IS there any fluff for Felthius? Was was thinking about making my army around him instead of the DI LoC. I havent found much at all about him, and no real fluff at all.

I always go to facebook with these questions. Sometimes I do get answers there.

To be honest I see using Felthius as a Termie Lord with Combi-something. So the base won't be an issue for me.

I was planning to use his Cohort to flesh out a unit of Blightlords to 7 strong. That's once I can afford some Blightlords... PRobably going to be a logn while sadly before I can get anything else.

Me too, but to be fair.... I actually would also love to see him fleshed out in rules, and background. It's such an easy thing to do! All they have to do is have a writer plop him in a book (I'm reading Crusade right now and sure enough the first short story is DG vs Ultra and it's a perfect spot for him!)

Also I do think the Cohort should be allowable in matched.... so I plan on playing them as a 3 man unit until I hear otherwise (I did ask 40K Facebook for clarity).

Like you, when not using them as a squad, I intend on having them fill out my Blightlords.

Me too, but to be fair.... I actually would also love to see him fleshed out in rules, and background. It's such an easy thing to do! All they have to do is have a writer plop him in a book (I'm reading Crusade right now and sure enough the first short story is DG vs Ultra and it's a perfect spot for him!)

Also I do think the Cohort should be allowable in matched.... so I plan on playing them as a 3 man unit until I hear otherwise (I did ask 40K Facebook for clarity).

Like you, when not using them as a squad, I intend on having them fill out my Blightlords.

It would be nice if he had been a special character. I mean, he is unique enough and has that Orb he is holding... I guess they didnt want to step on Typhus' toes...

Definitely, there’s a lot of wasted potential there. I’m shocked they didn’t bake the hard work of creating a physical model and create some fiction around it. I mean look at Grey Knights with their actual rules for a GM Dreadknight using a vanillla model. Here we have a real model with an empty background. Very weird.

What’s scary is we know GW leaves a project fo good when it’s time to market something new. So I feel like the only background this guy will get is up to us!

Definitely, there’s a lot of wasted potential there. I’m shocked they didn’t bake the hard work of creating a physical model and create some fiction around it. I mean look at Grey Knights with their actual rules for a GM Dreadknight using a vanillla model. Here we have a real model with an empty background. Very weird.

What’s scary is we know GW leaves a project fo good when it’s time to market something new. So I feel like the only background this guy will get is up to us!

Its very much like what happened with Dark Vengeance and Lord Krannon. They gave us a book, even a supplemental codex, but instead of making him an actual unique character, they made it so all his wargear could be given to a normal lord...

No one played Krannon, they gave all his wargear to a Lord on Bike or with a Jumppack... I was seriously disappointed... All of the Crimson Slaughter stuff was awesome, but its like they changed direction after they wrote the fluff, like they were afraid to make new Characters or something...