Cataphractii- how to use them

Firepower

This topic has made me return to my dormant Cataphractii project :smile.: Just need to find the time for painting!

My thought is to take them in a list made to deliver justice to the enemy at close quarters, give them some saturation as Idaho says and giving the enemy lots to worry about :wink: Plus that should help free the Cataphractii up to go for the harder targets.

I'd say Ironclads fulfil a similar role, and are tough albeit in a different way - plus Dreads are cool. The different in classification is probably the biggest stumbling block, as weapons that want to target Cataphractii might not mesh fully with Dreads. That said I think there's enough cross over to give it a go and they'd both certainly score high on the threat scale when approaching for a charge :thumbsup:

Unfortunately as mentioned briefly before I don't think twin LCs is a good build for them. It looks great but they're plodding at 4" and an extra attack in combat seems a poor trade compared to blasting away with a combi-bolter - even less so for a greater cost too :sad.: Maybe if the second claw was free, but as it stands it feels like a pretty raw deal :confused: