That Vexillarius is epic, man. I really dig it! Simple and effective conversion that's very evocative of the VIIth Legion identity.

Thanks Man! The Skitarii will be light grey and gunmetal, per the 8th Edition Codex Mechanicus!

That Magos Auxilia conversion is absolutely stellar, looks so much better than the basic dominus model! Also really like the Vexillarus , a really nicely executed conversion as well!

Thank you! The Magos Auxilia was a little finicky to get lined up and fill the gaps, but I'm pleased with it!

• 8 months later...

gallery_24723_8979_33747.jpeg

+++ Marshal Rohr+++

Commander of the 7th Regiment, VIIth Legiones Astartes
Terran Born Scion of the Prussic Marches, the Last King of Iron and Blood

‘The Faces of Our Shields are the Frontiers of the Imperium’
-Marshal Rohr during the defense of Kalthafen
098.M30

Man, the addition of the rock and... is it Vallejo paste? Really ties the base together compared to how it looked previously. Helps to distance it a bit more from Polux's base proper. And the holstered volkite's looking snazzy as well.

I've got to say that I do love those monovisor helms for the VII. There's almost a poetic metaphor in them -- the sons of Dorn as cyclopean, indomitable sons of Stone, with one eye laser-focused towards their goal without distraction or dissuasion. It's really quite lovely.

100%, that's why I modify all my breacher helmets, too. I try to keep a good mix of the normal helms around to maintain a continuity with the normal armor aesthetic, but I love the up armored look of the Breacher helms and monovisor Fist Veteran Helmets. The white stuff is just simple wall patch, a trick Bro Argos used on his resin Steel Legionaries. I use it with my Titanicus models, too. It REALLY helps convey a models weight. The basing theme for my fists is meant to look like an urban/industrial enivornment for the Nu-Garmon background we are using, so I wanted the metal base portions but also rubble to kind of show the damage of the titan fighting and artillery to the buildings.

Ah, that's all it is? I should have some sitting in my garage, will definitely try it when I get back to my own Fists. Nu-Garmon is fascinating so far -- the glimpses we got in Titandeath really painted quite the picture, and my only regret is that we didn't get a wider lens of the battle (one hopes that Forge World will provide, though.)

But yeah, those monovisors... I can't say enough how much I love them. Other marks and designs are lovely in their own right, of course, but there's just that imagery there with the single eye. Completely with you as far as they're concerned.

Archived