Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Inspirational Friday - Legends of Chaos (until 11/9)

Inspirational Friday Inspirational Friday 2018

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
Welcome to Inspiration Friday 2018.
Inspiration Friday is a chance for members to write pieces of fiction on set Chaos-related subjects, with a winner chosen at the end of each period and awarded a medal. As in the previous Inspiration Fridays, images accompanying entries are most welcome.

As in IF2017, I may give two weeks or more to work on some themes. I should also point out that, living in Tokyo, my Fridays start earlier than many of the Frater and so likely I will close and open themes early on Saturdays, Tokyo-time. Likely still Friday for most of you.

From 2016 onwards there were a couple of changes to Inspiration Friday:
While I, Kierdale, set the topic each time (or another member I appoint to take the helm in my absence), the winner of each topic will be given the choice of judging the next topic’s entries and choosing the winner from those entries. Should they, for any reason, wish to turn down this duty then judging will revert to Kierdale for the next entry.

Judging Rules
1. Many of our members are non-native English speakers so grammar, spelling and punctuation should not be too harshly judged. That said, members are encouraged to type their entries in a word processor program which can help them with their spelling and grammar.

2. The judge should choose the one entry which, in their mind, exemplifies the IF topic of that week. Not necessarily the most action-packed, the longest, the coolest, etc.
3. The judge may, when posting their judgement, choose to give feedback on each entry. What they liked and didn't like, what they wanted to see more or less of.

Past Inspiration Friday Topics
Links to previous incarnations of Inspiration Friday, for reference:

Under Brother Nihm:
Aspiring Champion
Chaos Banner
Regarding the Legions
Favourite Model
Paint a CSM
Favourite Primarch
Why Chaos?

Under Tenebris:
Chaos Cults - Winner: Disease
Legacy Weapon - Winner: Xenith
Rank and File - Winner: Kol Saresk
Chaos Worlds - Winner: Marshal Sampson
Chaos Vehicle - Winner: Loesh
Call of Chaos Test model - Winner: Alan of Angels and Loesh
Chaos Battle - Winner: Cormac Airt
Minor Daemon - Winner: Tdf4638
Spooky Chaos - Winner: Dizzyeye
Chaos Stronghold - Winner: Carrack
Nemesis of Chaos - Winner: Kierdale
Chaos Navigator House - Winner: Marshal Sampson
Chaos Knight House - Winner: Kierdale
Chaos Santa - Winner: Castellan Cato
Chaos Dreadnought - Winner:Urauloth
Chaos Warship - Winner: Conn Eremon
Interview with a Chaos Lord - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Interview with a Chaos Sorcerer - Winner: Kierdale
Chaos Space Marine Bolter - Winner: Son of Carnelian
Chaos Assassin - Winners: Carrack, Kierdale and Zhaharek
Intel Report on Warband - Winner: Kierdale
Betrayal - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Chaos Sword - Winner: Castellan Cato
Chaos Spawn - Winners: Carrack and Kierdale
Champion of Khorne - Winner: Slipknotzim
Chaos Heraldry - Winner: Teetengee
Equerry - Winner: Zhaharek
Chaos Tome - Winner: TDF
Chaos Crossover - Winner: Lord Pariah
Dark Mechanicus - Winners: Carrack and Kierdale
Daemon Forge - Winners: Zhaharek and Beachymike123
Battles of the Space Marines - Winners: Carrack, Warsmith Aznable and Tipper
Cult Leader - Winner: Zhaharek
Familiar - Winner: Kierdale
Nemesis of Chaos II - Winners: TDF and Conn Eremon
Ruination - Winner: Carrack
Chaos Sidekick - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Chaos Skirmish - Tactical Squads - Winner: Kierdale

Under Kierdale:
Interview With A Warpsmith - Winner: Carrack
ETL Background (care of Carrack) - Winner: Kierdale
Lair of the gods - Winner: Scourged
Signature Tactics - Winners: Scourged and Majorbookworm
Berserkers of every creed - Winner: none.
Chaos Geneseed - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Tales of... ...Chaos Glory - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
A Stolen Relic - Winner: Beachymike123
Summoning - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Treadheads - Winner: Scourged
The Primordial Annihilator versus...the Greater Good - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Replenishments New Meat - Winner: Scourged
Chaos Halloween Horror - Winner: Dammeron, Scourged, Zhaharek and Teetengee
Interview with a dark apostle - Winner: Carrack
Chaos Power Armour - Winner: Scourged
Tales of Hubris - Winner: Teetengee
Chaos Titans - Winner: Scourged and Teetengee
Chaos Icons - Winners: MaliGn, Teetengee, Carrack and Scourged.
Bonus Challenge: Chaos Objectives - Winner: Carrack

Memories of Terra - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Possessed - Winner: Captain Malachi
Chaos Steeds - Winner: Scourged
Traitor Regiments - Winner: Teetengee
The Primordial Annihilator versus...the Vlka Fenryka - Winner: Carrack
Campaign I - Opening Moves - Winner: Diabolist
Interview with a Daemon Prince - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Skirmish II - Upon Cursed Wings/Jump Assault - Winner: Teetengee
Lost in Space - Winner: Scourged
Imperfect Beings - Winner: Carrack
Obliterators - Winner: none
Lesser Daemons I - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Tales of Honour - Winner:Son of Carnelian
Tales of Dishonour - Winner: Fulkes
Campaign II - Assault - Winner: Scourged
Knightfall - Winner: no contest.
Architect of Fate - Winner: Carrack
Chaos Flyer - Winner: Kierdale
Schism - Winner: Scourged
A Chaotic Alliance - Winner: Squigsquasher
Chaotic Rites - Winner: Krautscientist
Retro-Chaos - Winner: Carrack
ETL-V model - Winner: Scourged
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Inquisition - Winner: Carrack
Interview with a Chaos Apothecary - Winner:Kierdale
Chaos Trophies - Winner: MyD4rkPassenger
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Sons of Sanguinius - Winner: Carrack
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Bugs - Winner: Teetengee
Aquatic Combat - Winner: Kierdale
Campaign III - Tables Turn/The Crucible - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Halloween 2016 - Winner: Carrack
Tales of Vengeance - Winner: MyD4rkPassenger
Unit Champion - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Iron Warriors - Winner: Carrack
Thousand Sons - Winner: Zhaharek

Black Crusade – A Call To Arms - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Campaign IV - End Game - Winner: Kierdale
Seeds Sown... - Winner: Scourged
The Fallen - Winner: Trevak Dal
Chaos Bikers - Winner: Kierdale
The Warp - Winner: Scourged
Hive War - Winner: Carrack
Propaganda - Winner: Kierdale
The Ends Justify The Means - Winner: Carrack
The Witch - Winner: Honda
Rivalry of the Gods - Winner: none
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Sons of Guilliman - Winner: Caius/DogWelder
Death Guard - Winner: Azekai
Alpha Legion - Winner: Iron Father Ferrum
Desert Warfare - Winner: P3AKHOUR
Abhumans and mutants - Winner: Gunnyogrady
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Adeptus Mechanicus - Winner: ColonelSchaeffer
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Imperial Guard - Winner: Warsmith Aznable
Images of Chaos - No contest
If Horus had won... - Winner: MaliGn
Exalted Champion - Winner: macbeefin

The Black Legion - Winner: hushrong
Winter Warfare - Winner: Scourged
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Asuryani - Winner: Hushrong
The Hunt - Winner: EesiOh
Chaos Artefacts - Winner: Kierdale
The Night Lords - Winner: Barabbas Sogalon
Ambush! - Winner: Hushrong
Chaos versus T’au - Winner: Kierdale
When Old meets New - Winner: Scourged
Solo Mission - Winner: Gederas
Prophecy - Winner: Honda
Cry ‘Havoc!’ - Winner: Kierdale
Temple of Chaos - Winner: MaliGn
ETL Model - Winner: Azekai
The Primordial Annihilator versus the Drukhari - Winner: none
Legends of Chaos - Winner:

While each topic will close (with respect to who can win the medal for that theme) after a set period, members who find themselves inspired to write about previous themes are most welcome to post these as and when they can, but I ask that you please title your entry accordingly (e.g. “Chaos Warship”).

Inspirational Friday: Timelines of Treachery is a companion thread to this (and past and future Inspirational Friday main threads) for those who wish to organise their IF entries and present their warband's timeline. I know I just about my warband's timeline a lot, so the thread is to help both readers and writers to get their heads around which stories come where. By all means please add your own timelines as and when you can smile.png
  • Race Bannon likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Not a Black Legion piece per se, but they do feature and it is a continuation of my entry for Black Crusade-A Call To Arms from exactly a year ago(!): Telling Tales. It also brings the Psychopomps into the Dark Millennium, I guess.

Visions Of Afar
Hidden Content

• hushrong likes this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Iron Warriors
Recruitment

Spoiler

These past 2 weeks have been incredibly draining for me (physically and emotionally) so I thought I wasn't going to be able to write anything down. It's a bit shorter than what I originally had in mind but I'm just happy I managed to write anything at all. Not only has this served to improve my mood (despite the plot) but I also think I like it better this way.
  • Azekai, hushrong, Kierdale and 1 other like this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

The Fire Rises

Spoiler

I've tried to write my short story since the Black Legion was announced as the subject. Being motivated by the recent BL novels I have changed allegiances to the Black Legion on the tabletop. This has been a great way to begin fleshing out my warband and their motivation. I've wrote quite a few drafts, restarted writing, suffered writer's block for some reason, and still think there is room for tons of improvement. So I would like to take this moment to give mad props to authors! I can barely imagine the insanity they go through for their art and craft.

• Azekai, Kierdale and Macbeefin like this

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts

Thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday 2018: The Black Legion.
Warpmiss gave us Recruitment in which a berserker’s warband answers the call of the Black Legion only to find out they are not the only ones to whom the offer was extended. I liked the deviousness of this one and I’m very glad you persevered to get it done, Warpmiss.

Hushrong’s entry was The Fire Rises. A tale of a Black Legion war band’s first excursion out of the Eye after the flight from Terra, and their discovery of the changes that had come over the Imperium, and the deification of the Emperor. Great action, but I particularly liked the choice of setting.

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title.

And here begins our second challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018: Winter Warfare
Combat in cold conditions, be it snow, ice or thawing, presents combatants with new obstacles and concerns, be it on land or at sea. The cold saps strength and takes lives. Those lucky enough to live risk trenchfoot, frozen supplies and war gear.
New tactics are required and the advantage lies with the defender provided that logistics are maintained and protected.
And upon the nightmare battlefields of the 41st millennium who knows what additional horrors stalk through the blizzards and the dark night?

In the past we have have IF challenges on the subject of Aquatic Combat and Desert Warfare and with the northern hemisphere of Terra now in the grip of winter tell us this time a tale of winter warfare.

IF2018: Winter Warfare runs until the second of February.
Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: MacBeefin.

The winner of IF2018: Winter Warfare shall claim the Octed amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png
And the honour of judging the next challenge.

Macbeefin

Macbeefin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Thoroughly enjoyed all the stories again, but I particularly liked the imagery of doomed guardsmen defending the basilica against a tide of living dead, praying for deliverance, and even performing acts of heroism and sacrifice (such as driving a tank into the throng and self destructing). My winner would have to be hushrong. Well done.

• hushrong, Kierdale and Warpmiss like this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Congratulations hushrong!!
  • hushrong likes this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts

Thank you, folks! I am both humbled and happy to have taken part in this challenge. I look forward to the next installment and as always: Death to the False Emperor!

• Kierdale and Warpmiss like this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
You know, something I always had problems with Skallathrax was the "extreme night cold"...all Astartes except for World Eaters in "wife beater" pattern power armor would be in armored space suits that can handle combat in the void of space...which would be a lot colder than a planet.

But maybe it was especially daemonic world cold or some noise that was some how colder. *Rolls eyes* I think when they wrote that, they jumped back to Warhammer Fantasy in their heads for a bit.

I don't see any way space marines could be bothered by winter warfare. Normies? Oh yeah. But super soldiers in armored environment suits? Nope. Their equipment would be capable of handling mud and muck.

I also don't get how any Seige involving space marines lasts longer than a week (in various codex timelines, it talks about 7 year long sieges) it's like..."really?" They are super special forces and do in hours what takes the guard days.

Most bases/hives/whatever with voidshields can be bypassed by cyclonic torpedos on either side of the city, causing a tectonic shift which will cause mass damage, lower the shields and kill a lot of defenders because they turtled up, unless they got cyclonic torpedos interception systems...

Now what a Skallathrax like place COULD do, is have it so cold/whatever that combat in it overrode the armor's ability to self seal/repair, and so any armor integrity loss would result in rapid loss of consciousness and eventual death (like fighting in void).

Edited by Trevak Dal, 23 January 2018 - 07:10 PM.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
I guess that while the Astartes themselves may not have so many problems with the cold the rest of things around them might: human troops, supplies, guns, tanks and other machines. Also, there snowy terrain may be more treacherous that it would seem, specially if you are a heavy Space Marine clad in your armor. I suppose it depends on how extreme the conditions are.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
That’s where the ‘inspiration’ has to come in ;)

How could Astartes be hampered by extreme cold? Or perhaps they aren’t: show us how they take advantage of it versus their mortal foes?
And daemons?
Cold never bothered them anyway.

EDIT: Then again I now have the image in my head of a plaguebearer with icicles of frozen snot/puss hanging off his hose and drooping innards :D

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Hey guys,

time to throw my hat into the ring here once again -- it's been far too long msn-wink.gif

Now I am not perfectly sure whether the following story qualifies for winter warfare. It does take place in winter, though, so there's that much at least. I wrote it way back when, to accompany a model built by fellow Frater (or rather, Soror) Flint13, and I am still pretty happy with it. Please enjoy:

Hunters

Spoiler

Edited by KrautScientist, 25 January 2018 - 01:03 AM.

• hushrong, Kierdale, Pearson73 and 1 other like this

Macbeefin

Macbeefin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

My thoughts on Skallathrax - I think there could be some scientific basis here that justifies the cold night freezing them (where GW intended it or not) whereas the void does not. Supposedly that while space may only be a few Kelvin in temperature, there are so few particles present that heat transfer actually takes a very long time. However, on a planet with an atmosphere (presumably Skallathrax) and therefore lots of particles, heat transfer occurs much more quickly, especially if the night temp on Skallathrax was only a few Kelvin. Maybe its not so far fetched to think that a few minutes of hours of exposure on Skallathrax would be enough to freeze over an Astartes in power armour.

Although with that said, there's probably no way a planet with an atmosphere could fluctuate in temperature that much between night and day so I guess we just take it and try not to think too hard about the scientific accuracy of our sci fi 8ft tall post humans that fight daemons in outer space 

Edited by Macbeefin, 25 January 2018 - 06:26 AM.

• Kierdale and Scourged like this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I've always liked snow. I spent the first half of my life with it, and the second half without it. Only now, just these past few months, have I returned to it and it to me. And it's made me happy.

When I was still living down in the subtropics, I based all of my models with snow. Every Scourged and Changemonger in my collection saw their feet surrounded by drifts of white powder. In my head, this is because my models were a snapshot of the Scourged defending Tachylite, home of the Changemongers, in the dead of the planet's long winter (when they're Tzeentch-forged alliance was born). It helped me feel a bit closer to home. But the snow kept its influence on me.

When I crafted the backstory for Inquisitor Tsalie Krejcik, nemesis to my Scourged since the day that Gallus sealed their fate, I was compelled to place her in a Vostroyan forest, her tragedy tempered by the frozen cold of their winters. it just felt right to me. 

And a while back, in 2016, when this very thread challenged us to tell the stories of Chaos vs. the Vlka Fenryka, I once again found myself staging a scene in a wintery world. I just always seem to gravitate toward the serenity of the cold and snow. Perhaps that's why, now that I've returned, I haven't built, painted, or based a Scourged in the snow since moving here. Sure, I blame that more upon the revival of Chaos Legions and just how much I enjoy painting my Hydra... but perhaps there's something more there...?

Anyway, forgive me for waxing philosophical for a moment. What I bring you all today is a sequel to the story I've linked above, a continuation of the battle that day. I couldn't really get inspiration for anything new until I remembered that old tale the other day. Seemed like a nice place to revisit, given the theme this week. So, due to a lack of any kind of more creative title, I give you all Red Snow II.

Hidden Content

• hushrong, Kierdale, KrautScientist and 3 others like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
A cold winter's mourning
Hidden Content

• hushrong, KrautScientist and Scourged like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts

Thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday 2018: Winter Warfare.
Kraut Scientist returned to IF (it’s been too long!) with Hunters: an excellent tale of a Dark Eldar warrior stalking a berserker of Khorne. And as in all good tales like this, you never know quite who is the hunter and who is the hunted?

Red Snow II was Scourged’s entry, a follow up to a previous story. One of the Vlka Fenryka gets considerably more than he bargained for!

And I gave you A cold winter’s mourning. I make no excuses for the pun. It was hard for me not to write the Chaos side simply using summoned daemons to overrun half-frozen guardsmen, but as I had used a similar idea in the aquatic warfare challenge I didn’t want to do so again. I then saw my maulerfiend on my shelf...

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title.

And here begins our third challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018: The Primordial Annihilator versus the Asuryani
One of the elder races, once with a galaxy-spanning Empire, the children of Isha brought about their own doom. Ignoring and forgetting the prophecies of the Old Ones, the Eldar became proud. They turned to hedonism and excess. Their society became divided as cults sprung up. Corruption spread and the aliens sought newer, more fulfilling sensations. At any cost. Their madness climaxed in the birth of the fourth god and the dark prince of Chaos – She Who Must Not Be Named: Slaanesh.
Slaanesh’s birth brought about the devastation of the Eldar Empire, tearing a hole in the fabric of reality and swallowing so many of their worlds. It is said that trillions died as the new god devoured their souls.
Only the Exodites, craftworld Eldar and the degenerates of Commorragh within the Webway, survived the end of their Empire. And for millennia they have been a dying race, only for the recent emergence of Ynnead, the Eldar god of death, to bring a seed of hope for their souls.
For those renegades and servants who bend their knee and dance to the will of Slaanesh, the hunting of Eldar is a pursuit unmatched in challenge or rewards, for their fay souls are the sweetest of morsels and likely to earn the greatest rewards from one’s patron.
Nurgle has a unique tie to the Eldar as within his garden he holds captive Isha: the mother of the Eldar herself! On a personal note I would dearly love to read a piece featuring this.
To the followers of Tzeentch their own mastery of the reading of the fates is rivaled only by that of the Eldar farseers.
And for those who harvest skulls for Khorne, what better challenge could there be than to pit oneself against the aspect warriors of the craftworlds: warriors who have dedicated their centuries-long (millennia-long?) lives to the honing of one aspect of combat?

I thought about limiting it to Craftworld Eldar only (or craftworlders and Exodites) and keeping Harlequins and the Dark Eldar for when they get their own codexes, but why shackle people. Kill ‘em all! Kill ‘em all! Kill ‘em all!

IF2018: Chaos versus the Eldar runs until the sixteenth of February.
Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: hushrong.

The winner of IF2018: Chaos versus the Eldar shall claim the Asuryani amulet:
gallery_30308_9518_7633.png
And the honour of judging the next challenge (which they can forfeit to me if they so wish).
  • KrautScientist likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,700 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Eldar huh?? I am so down for this. I have an Eldar in my Slaanesh army I need to write the fluff for. Gonna have more 'eww' than the last time I entered this.
  • Kierdale and Tallarn Commander like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts

This is a difficult decision as I enjoyed all the stories. Nothing gets the heart pounding proudly knowing the blood of the enemy covers the snow at our feet!

A winner must be chosen and I declare that Scourged to be that winner. To see the proud wolf bested in his own type of element was an enjoyable cruelty. Congrats!

• KrautScientist likes this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Congratulations, Scourged! The story was very well done -- in fact, it somehow felt like a better, more elegant (and ultimately, more Tzeentchian) version of my own entry when reading it which made me gnash my teeth. A well deserved victory! Kierdale, I really enjoyed your story as well, especially the dramatic irony of a Slaaneshi dog going bareheaded for the extra sensual input and paying the ultimate price for it. What a deliciously meta touch. We can probably rest assured that it was ultimately just another experience for him -- if the last one ;)

As for the new subject, gee, I guess I can just re-use the exact same story again, eh? ;)

• Kierdale likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Congratulations, Scourged!

Kierdale, I really enjoyed your story as well, especially the dramatic irony of a Slaaneshi dog going bareheaded for the extra sensual input and paying the ultimate price for it. What a deliciously meta touch. We can probably rest assured that it was ultimately just another experience for him -- if the last one ;)

Actually he went totally naked :D

As for the new subject, gee, I guess I can just re-use the exact same story again, eh? ;)

No :P
I have a lot of topics planned for the future, but a couple on the ‘soon’ list happened to be Chaos versus Eldar and The Hunt...
Scourged’s and your entries made me push back ‘The Hunt’ :D, and I’m going to insist on a new entry for the next one!

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
Digging around on my computer found a word file with some Cult of Golden Tears going toe to toe with the delicious eldar. Dusting that off to finish it for the next IF!
  • Kierdale likes this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Congrats, Scourged!!

I'd love to write something about my DG boys meeting some Eldar but I need to do some research on Eldar lore/fluff first.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

My thanks to all for the congratulations. This was one of those instances where the desire to write came before the story idea, so I'm glad it panned out in the end. This new topic, however, already has a fun idea brewing. That sweet, intoxicating corruption of this thread has once again claimed my soul. Time to show some more love to my boys in sapphire and crimson.

@KrautScientist: I, too, noticed some similar themes: solitary hunters outdone by their quarry, their natures and strengths juxtaposed into weaknesses by polar adversaries. The same story, but told in such different ways. Ah, but is that not our differences to a tee? My work, with the subtle elegance of Fate's Architect, and your work with the brutal aggression of the Blood God. I think it works quite nicely! 

• Kierdale and KrautScientist like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Riven
Hidden Content

Kierdale’s notes
Hidden Content

• Scourged likes this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: Archangels

The Beginning of the End

Spoiler

Disclaimer 

Spoiler

Edited by EesiOh, 13 February 2018 - 11:04 PM.

• Kierdale and Scourged like this

The Archangels: Scions of Sanguinious striving for perfection

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

The Silent Laughter: The road to damnation is paved with the best intentions 

gallery_48988_6285_81894.pngI gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspirational Friday, Inspirational Friday 2018

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users