Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspirational Friday 2018 - The Hunt (until 3/2)

Inspirational Friday Inspirational Friday 2018

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,768 posts
Another Way
Hidden Content

Just a quickie, because...
Hidden Content

• Scourged, EesiOh and Warpmiss like this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Iron Warriors

Another Way

Hidden Content

Just a quickie, because...
Hidden Content

I would have had my DG boys talk about Isha if I had the time to actually sit down, read more about the Eldar and then come up with a way to introduce my characters. But alas, I don't think I will have the time (unless I suddenly do on Thursday and Friday but I doubt it).
  • Kierdale likes this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Envoy

Hidden Content

Notes

Hidden Content

• Kierdale and EesiOh like this

Call_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.pngETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpg

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,873 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

The Feast 

Spoiler

Notes

Spoiler

• Kierdale and Scourged like this

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,768 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Thank you for your entries in Inspirational Friday 2018: The Primordial Annihilator versus the Asuryani.

EesiOh returned to IF with a song, no less! The Beginning of the End :tu: I wanted more, though! Too short!

Scourged returned to a character he introduced back in May of 2016. In Envoy we see that the Scourged and the dark Eldar under Archon Yaelindra went on to forge some form of alliance, and he tells us of a gift presented by a sorcerer of the Scourged to his debauched hosts.

The Feast was Hushrong’s entry, depicting in great detail the Emperor’s Children assaulting a nameless craftworld. The action was excellently written and I think you captured the feelings of both factions so well.

In my first entry, Riven an Eldar guardian of Biel-Tan experiences the fracture of his craftworld and the birth of the Yncarne, but rather than joining the new faction he stays loyal and becomes a guardian of one of Biel-Tan’s fragments, defending maiden worlds. But it seems the craftworld’s Infinity Circuit was not entirely purged and a tainted soul was mistakenly saved.

And I wanted to read a story involving Nurgle, the captive Isha, and Eldar...it seemed no one was writing it, so I did a quickie. Another Way was about an Eldar who rejected the Ynnari and their new death god, in favour of setting out into the Eye to attempt to rescue the goddess who birthed them.

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title. I’m looking at you, Warpmiss ;)

And here begins our fourth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018: The Hunt

Since proto-man learned to savour the taste of meat, humans have hunted. Be it for a base need such as sustenance, or the hunt for one’s nemesis, the discovery, tracking and capture or killing of one’s quarry is a task which challenges the best of hunters.

Tell us this time the tale of a hunt. For a foe who has wronged and eluded your protagonist, for a vital target -living or in the form of intelligence or data-, the hunt for a grand beast or worthy foe whose head would make a wondrous trophy, the hunt for the bearer of a legendary weapon the protagonist desires, the hunt for a weakness in a seemingly impenetrable enemy fortress...
Or perhaps it is your protagonist who is the hunted? Why? By whom? Across what terrain and through what dangers? Do they succeed in evading those who would claim their scalp?

IF2018: The Hunt runs until the second of March.
Let us be inspired.

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge: Scourged.

The winner of IF2018: The Hunt shall claim the Octed amulet:
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png
And the honour of judging the next challenge.
  • EesiOh likes this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
  • Faction: Archangels

Due to how quickly I wrote this, I may submit a second story too (greedy me, I know) 

Helljumper, Helljumper, where oh where have you been 

Spoiler

Notes

Spoiler

Edited by EesiOh, 19 February 2018 - 01:50 AM.

• Trevak Dal likes this

One unauthorised psyker in this underhive? BURN THE SYSTEM AND CLEAN THE TAINT!!!!

The Archangels, searching for the lost artifact of the Grail Wardens, and their own salvation http://www.bolterand...431-archangels/

The Blood Wing and The Bloody Harvest. Sanguinious' less noble legacy http://www.bolterand...loody-harvest/

gallery_48988_6285_81894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,768 posts
Submitting two stories? Tsk tsk tsk :D
  • EesiOh likes this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
2 stories = twice the chance of winning. Its my cunning scheme :^)

One unauthorised psyker in this underhive? BURN THE SYSTEM AND CLEAN THE TAINT!!!!

The Archangels, searching for the lost artifact of the Grail Wardens, and their own salvation http://www.bolterand...431-archangels/

The Blood Wing and The Bloody Harvest. Sanguinious' less noble legacy http://www.bolterand...loody-harvest/

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts

Guys I think the Chaos Gods finally gave scourged his well deserved reward, he has ascended to daemonhood and left us mere mortals behind biggrin.png

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title. I’m looking at you, Warpmiss ;)

I didn't even have the time to turn my computer on this weekend. Much less to even remember about the IF @_@

I think the upcoming weeks are going to be pretty much like that as well.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,768 posts

Guys I think the Chaos Gods finally gave scourged his well deserved reward, he has ascended to daemonhood and left us mere mortals behind :D

There’s no hurry for judgement. :)

And likewise, Warpmiss, there’s no hurry but if/when you do find the time to do some writing, please submit it here. :)
  • EesiOh likes this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I'm going to have to go with Hushrong for this week's winner. Truly a fun story to read. Congratulations.

• hushrong, Kierdale and EesiOh like this

Call_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.pngETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpg

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,768 posts
Congratulations, Hushrong! Well done!
  • hushrong likes this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts
Congrats, Hushrong!
  • hushrong likes this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,873 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Thank you everyone! I am very happy that I had finally finished that short story for my Cult of Golden Tears and IF gave me that push!

Looking forward to The Hunt!

• Kierdale and EesiOh like this

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspirational Friday, Inspirational Friday 2018

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users