1st Valion Infantry Regiment, 1st/2nd/3rd companies

Hatarus

If you use the PC browser skin there is a symbol of a chain link with a green +.

If you select the text and click that button you can assign a url link to it.

Or you can continue to keep the pics embedded in the post. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good job! Im a sucker for red weapons, must be the 3rd ed in me?

Throw on some nulin oil wash to give it some depth and there's something you can be happy with! Bonus of washes is they can hide some of the stuff you might otherwise have to go back and touch up. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if i should put this in it's own list since this is less about the regiment and more about my new Scions but since i don't want to flood the thread i'll post it here to be safe

Tempestor Scions

Army: Tempestor Scions (1st Valion special forces)
Army doctrine: Tempestor Scions
Detachment: Battalion(barley XD)
Command points:3 (it’s better then nothing)
List type: blind Doubles tournament list (partner to be decided on day from a hat)

Army  

HQ

Tempestor Prime: 65 points
Equipment: rod of command, Relic(The tactical auto-Reliquary of Tyberus)

Lord Commissar “Roak”: 55
Equipment: Power sword (x1), Bolt pistol (x1)

Troops
Tempestor Scions: 55
Equipment: Hotshot Lasgun (x3), hotshot vollygun(x1), Hotshot laspistol (x1), Chainsword(x1)     

Tempestor Scions: 66

Equipment: Hotshot Lasgun (x3), Plasma gun (x1), Bolt pistol (x1), Power sword (x1)  

Tempestor Scions: 55

Equipment: Hotshot Lasgun (x3), hotshot vollygun(x1), Hotshot laspistol (x1), Chainsword(x1)

Tempestor Scions: 59

Equipment: Hotshot Lasgun (x2), hotshot vollygun(x1), Grenade launcher (x1) Hotshot laspistol (x1), Chainsword(x1)

Elites

Tempestor Scion command squad: 71

Equipment: Plasma gun (x1), Hotshot Laspistol (x2), Voxcaster (x1), medkit (x1), Regiment flag (x1)

Transport

Taurox prime: 62
Equipment: Vollygun (x2), Gatling cannon (x1), stormbolter (x1)

Current total: 488
usable points: 12

• 1 month later...

So i'm back from a long break (because of some personal stuff) with another battle report sadly this time i can't really create a Grand story around it because it was a 2v2 500 point tournament and armies where mostly guard/[other army] and i can't work out how to explain it anyway on to the battle report

hope you enjoy remember to click the links to see pictures 

A little background before i get into the story the idea of the tournament was to test peoples ingenuity on the fly so we each had to make a 500 point list and then our partner would be chosen at random on the day so even if you tried to build a list to complement another there was still a chance you would not get partnered up, i built a list that i admit looking back was not optimized very well and my partner had a list that was to target heavy with most of his point sunk into a Pask in a punisher and a basilisk with the only real infantry being a squad of guardsmen, an astropath and a group of Abhuman rattlings (which i didn't like only good abhumans a Squat....or those cat ones)     

Game 1: TANKS, WHERE ARE THE BLOODY TANKS!!!

The first game of the day was against Necrons (pre codex) and Mechanized guard and the game mode was simply capture and control so we won't really that worried we worked out my mass infantry could take objectives while Pask and the Basilisk sat back and laid down suppressing fire supported with some mortars, we set up the board taking the lower craters  and the badly arranged imperial building. I launched off a Preliminary bombardment that did less then i wanted only damaging the Hellhound so after that all we had to do was get turn one........ yeah no we didn't turn one went to the other side and well the expression "things went from bad to worse" doesn't apply here the opening turn in the first shooting phase the necron player knocked out Paskwounded the Basilisk  and then killed it, the the guard player made took his shooting phase by Burning away the Abhumans.

Once our turn started we where reduced down to a few groups of Veterans, a handful of pskyers, a techpriest a few squads of guardsmen and some mortars so to say the plan was quickly abandoned is an understatement the plan blew up with out tanks, a new plan was formed and it was pretty simple hold the line at any cost now i'm not being pessimistic but we had lost at this point Necrons even without a codex are strong and it didn't help that mechanized guard is really good too but if you know one thing about the Valion 1st it that we are tank hunters and don't go to battle with anything less then three Lascannons so we did the only sane move we could think of and that was to erase the hellhound from the board in one shooting phase we fire every Lasgun, Lascannon and boltpistol into that thing and blew it the hell up. When the turn started up again a group of scarabs had moved into charging range even under a veteran level of overwatch to few scarabs died and we the whole squad was eaten following this the Guard players sentinals took pot shots at the command squad killing off next to all of them.

Having it as our turn again i chose to focus on the scarabs trying to kill off as many as possible and thankfully many did die, Until the Necron player started his turn and activated a reanimation protocol to bring back most of the units i killed and moved up a unit to hold the objective and then moved his scarabs into charging range of another squad which this time barley made it the following turn played out the same the Vets had no choice but  run while my partners Techpreist ran in to do Melee with the scarabs and killed a few on the final turn before we conceded the Techpreist did some more Melee, my company commander fell back and tried to meet up with what was left of my guard forces, the Psykers blew up Because psykers are nothing but bombs and the Mortars couldn't fire at anything and that's how the game ended we where behind about 14 points so we decided to call it there.

in the end we talked about the game and we all agreed the fact we went second and lost Pask on the first turn was the main reason it went down hill so fast. i'll post game two once i get a spare minute to put it down. 

Hey all this is the second and last story from my last Tournament it went at least a little better then the first so let's get into it

Hey just as a quick aside some picture may be used twice as i seem to have lost some of the pics from the start of this game however since a good chunk of stuff was static it should act as a good enough proxy to explain where stuff was sorry about that

When it doubt....throw more men at it

After a bad first round we realized that neither of us where good at working in a team and lacked the ability to adapt to changing situations, such as looking 40% of your army in points turn one, or how scarabs (pre codex) each throw three attack rolls...Emperor the attack rolls, any way this time around we decided to play it safer and try to use the strategy again but try to keep the Pask and the Basilisk around for at least a turn. This time our enemy was Tyranids and Genestealer cult Imperial guard this time around we had a building that could cover the basilisk and let it keep it's cover however my Partner insisted that Pask be allowed to take center stage with Company commander Victorak while not the smartest move this time around the only real anti tank came in the form of a Leman russ Executioner and the Tyrannofex which got the nickname "The big NID" because neither one of us could say Tyrannofex reliably.

The game started as you would expect we failed to seize so the other team went first some the Guants moved up a little so did some of the guard into a nearby creator some potshots where taken the Rattlings got hosed down but Lasgun fire but the only real casualty of note was the company commander sniper, now our Guard opponent had pulled off a nice little trick i never even considered he converted his Company command squad into a four man Veteran sniper team (which i wish i got a good enough picture to use for this) he had perverted the Company command squad into a cheaper and better special weapons sniper team. once our turn started we began to move our men out i advanced a squad of Vets into a nearby creator and had them ready to take out the Tyrannofex next turn after i wound it with my Lascannons, then a miracle from the Emperor happened and my Psykers decided to let me cast a ability onto my Vet.

Everything was moving along as planed units where in place to make attacks, expected casualties where in the acceptable range of 30% of the enemies forces being blown away by the mass of anti infantry we had in the form of Mortars, the basilisk and Pask in the Eradicator which i was told would put out a solid 40 dice by itself everything was ready for us to win this, then my partner declared his first attack "basilisk on the Leman russ Executioner" and our conversation when like this
me: What?
Nid player: What?
Partner: it's the biggest target

So following this what i can only call a tactical blunder he then used the Eradicator also target the Executioner which while it did do some damage but was a waste of 40 shots and to say the Nid player didn't give off a sigh of relief is an understatement players across the room heard it, the following opponents turn didn't go well for us as the Leman Russ was blown up and took the Voxcaster and a psyker with it. Thankfully the nearby guardsmen squad had been moved up so the Voxcaster network could still be used. Our next turn involved moving up the veterans  with a second squad right behind them plans changed from taking the objective to killing the Tyrannofex at all costs plasma and crack grenades flew into the giant of a Nid and did a few wounds but nothing to boast about while Lascannons sadly missed even with a reroll and Mortars slayed Gaunts with direct hits, However my partner still on his own personal crusade once again used the Basilisk to try and take down the Executioner and while it did a few more wounds it was still standing.

Our opponents opened up a hard set of shots into my Guardsmen reducing the Veteran guard squad to barley a few men thankfully they passed their moral test, Our next turn was just more set up a third squad was sent to assist the two forward Veteran teams the second squad was sent onto the objective and with this new team moved up enough we lined up and took a shot at the Executioner killing it with one clean Lascannon blast, with at least 23 men near the objective i felt safe that we where going to win the game. their next turn was something out of a horror book the Guants shot everything they had into the remaining guardsmen that had been harassing the Tyrannofex while the remianing guardsmen from our opponent tore though the squad on the objective leaving so few alive that they only lost one to moral.

our next turn began we started with a lascannon shot into the Tyrannofex that blew away it's last wounds as the heavy bolter tore into the Guants trying to hold them back the basilisk finally took aim at the guardsmen but it's shots whiffed, you can probably guess what happened to the remaining men in the heavy bolter squad they where torn apart by guants and some potshots where fired towards some of the remaining static squads in the back. The final turn began and i pulled out all the stops with the last Veteran squad i voxed over the order MOVE MOVE MOVE!! and got them on the objective however it was all for nothing as it was the last turn we couldn't claim the objective and the number of guardsmen that had died trying to take it has filled their pockets with enough Victory points to override us holding it for the one turn that we did and with that GG where shared i gave a long speech about regimental pride and how he should have a proper command squad with a regimental standard and we where knocked out of the tournament.     

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Edit: gezz for some reason the text that was meant to accompany this got left out anyway

Hey all i'm back from a short break and just wanted to say the next battle report is on it's way this one is a BIG one we are talking a lot of images I'm thinking over at least 50 and the battle itself is 2000 points of Tactical escalation. however it's taking a while to write and i got a smaller Ork battle ahead of it so here is a teaser of the up coming battle if you want to take a guess at the army

qC5gblc.jpg

Edit: sorry about missing the text again don't know what went wrong

Archived