Are blitza-bommer worthwhile?

NemoVonUtopia

I've been using a blitza-bommer in my ork army so far but it has not done much for me so far. I've played only against space marines and chaos space marines and the best the bomber has done is bomb 5 man squads. The damage it has done to vehicles is minimal since to my knowledge there are not many units of vehicles.

What are y'all's experiences with the bommer? Do I need to have more practive positioning it? Does it seem bad because I've only played against MSU marine lists?

I guess it does what you would expect from a PL7 light attack craft. That being said, most bombs are disappointing seen alone, but if you ran more than one bommer, perhaps it would feel better. Then gain bombs are fun and if you ever play my kult of speed those bombs will weck my 5-strong warbuggy mobs :-D

Not too familiar with the blitza-bomba but the burna-bomba is pretty great as you get a die for each unit in the squad you bomb. Its great for hitting big squads but not so great against MSU marines but it still has a decent chance of putting mortal wounds on them. Also it can easily explode doing more mortal wounds so its great to just keep in your opponents zone as they either risk it exploding on their own units or they just leave it alone

• 1 month later...

I'm personally a fan of Dakka Jets. But I've seen the Blitz-bombers do work. The mortal wounds they can drop on a blob you might see in more competitive play is no joke. 

But the Dakka Jets are a little more reliable, if anything Ork related other than a Choppa can be considered reliable...

Question. Can I bomb a unit that my Bomba flew over if that unit is in close combat? 

RAW, yes you can target any enemy unit you moved over. It is not a shooting attack. You just drop the bomb and you don't roll to hit or wound. You just roll how many mortal wounds the unit takes. 

• 1 month later...