Open Day Pics of Vylka Fenryka stuff (and Adeptus Custodes)

NightHowler

If you like the axes but not the rest of the kit, check these out

Click the quote button at the bottom of the post you are referring to then you get name and quote. Below it you can write an answer

Those axes are sick.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ESRD62YWE/valkiria-lupus-pattern-energy-axe

really wish that FW would stop with the whole 'every space wolf needs a bare head' thematic.

Jsut my personal taste i know but ill be 100% avoiding all these upgrade kits as none of my new wolves im working on will have bare heads.

The shields are ok, jsut wish they didnt all have that big ruby in the middle, would be ok if 1 or 2 did, but not all of them. The torsos i think id just pick up the old FW upgrade kit they already had as they are nicer.

--------------

On the harpoon/spear thing...i quite like it..especially when combined with shields in a bodyguard unit. Spears keep folk at length. I would see them being more like a custodes spear than an old whaling harpoon though (e.g. something you could also slash with)

In game terms,

- you could have a similar boost to the old initiative value (which from what i remember is what power spears used to have?), in that a unit with spears always hits at the same time even when charged.

- You could also have a unit choose to throw spears, but they then lose the weapon for the rest of the game :biggrin.: would be pretty silly

- Or they are just power weapons with bonuses against large foes etc.

Edited by DanPesci