Show us your Custodes - all colours welcome!

Very gladly, here is my own take on the Warders of the Vaults of Rython during the Unification Wars :smile.:

59vCP51.jpg?1
GWKggDQ.jpg?1

There are more pics of him in my Unification  Wars thread, but as you can see, I replaced the legs with Stormcast Eternal legs. I'll do a tutorial both on the build and the painting eventually.

Loving both of those schemes. I'd say I'd steal them but I'm no where near good enough to make a quality rival!

It's likely only a matter of time before I get Custodes. I always liked them and enjoyed their central position in the ruling of the Imperium. They can even hold a seat on the High Lords!

This is my 1st squad, in classic gold

gallery_59330_14104_65270.jpg

I have Ixion Hale and another 15 custodes basecoated gold, (4 more spear guys, 6 with sword and shield and 5 sagittarum guard).

I'm going to hold off more painting until seeing the codex.

I may do different squads in different schemes unless the schemes are tied to different rule sets.

On the plus side I got a bit carried away buying FW custodes so I have enough assembly work to keep me busy until the codex drops :)

Assembled and waiting for basecoating - A telemon, 2 Caladius tanks, 2 contemptor-galatus and a squad of 3 aquilions with adrathic destructors.

Waiting to assemble - 3 Gyrfalcon jetbikes, 2 Contemptor-Achillus and an Orion

Well my flgs was booked on tables today (silly xwing regionals) but my wife went out and came back with a box of custodian guard to keep me busy til the codex drops.

Now if I can figure out a load out for them I’ll be golden

I think i will be going the black route as well. Beautiful stuff, always love seein your work

Once you go black there's no going back. Or gold. Both work for this instance. Hahah. But I am digging this finalized scheme. Only took me a year to get the gold down just right.

I think i will be going the black route as well. Beautiful stuff, always love seein your work

Once you go black there's no going back. Or gold. Both work for this instance. Hahah. But I am digging this finalized scheme. Only took me a year to get the gold down just right.

Ive reapinted all mine from the ones i had on the heresy forum. I wanted a lighter gold and not the warm deep orange gold i Had

Ive reapinted all mine from the ones i had on the heresy forum. I wanted a lighter gold and not the warm deep orange gold i Had

That's how I was. Hahah. My previous rendition was too much of a yellow gold and wanted a more cooler tone with them.

Archived