Show us your Custodes - all colours welcome!

Reikland Gloss is seriously the magic sauce for these guys.

Absolutely. I've never been this glad to have the stuff until Custodes.

I use p3 Rhulic gold for my base colour.

In my opinion, Rhulic Gold is one of the more beautiful gold colors I've worked with - especially over brown. It's right up there with Vallejo Glorious Gold for me.

It’s great, really nice through the airbrush and I use it over hull red (similar to rhinos hide).

My Contemptor is basically done - just needs some decals and the base.  I ordered a box of Shattered Dominion bases after seeing someone on a Facebook group that painted them up like marble.  Hopefully I can get them looking good, but sadly they don't have the right size for the jetbikes.

I think the muzzle burn turned out fairly well.  For the power fist I used the Thunder Hammer effect from a recent Warhammer TV video, but the gloss varnish kind of throws it off so I might dull it down a bit.

28168794 1863604380339052 1416546265037222977 N

28167392 1863604413672382 8017152738915742495 N

28377521 1863604437005713 273152630290606299 N

So I got some Shattered Dominion bases and I decided I'm going to paint them up to look like the streets and ruins of Tizca.  Anyone here tried that before?

Haven't tried the shattered dominion ones yet but have painted up several others to look like Tizca ruins.

I'd be VERY interested in seeing what you've done, Tichinde.

Here's how it came out - this is only my first attempt, I'm sure it will improve, but I'm eager for any feedback I can get.

Custodes Contemptor

I think it turned out really nice. The biggest reason I think it may not feel like energy to you is the colour perhaps? Maybe an eerie green glow or even a purple. Just like if you did the same process in red/orange, people would assume lava.

I was going with the blue mostly because of the Thousand Sons motif for the bases - I wanted to reference the blue and the gold and the sort of glow you sometimes see on Librarian effects.

I think I'm heading in the right direction but I just need more practice and education on the techniques.

But I sure do appreciate the encouragement!

Looks pretty good to me Knight of Lupus, I like the idea of the energy.

for what I did you can check out my wip thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331505-tichs-prospero-project-more-objectives-01-mar-18/

or I did a tutorial featuring some of the bases:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336154-heresy-thousand-sons-metallic-no-air-brush-required/?p=4838293

but to keep this on track, here is my current Custodes work (will get better pics later):

39244368204_dc7198e2e9_z.jpg

26517937738_11f2ced391_z.jpg

Very nice. God skin tones. I find too light a skin tone blends in with the bright golds. Looks great. How did you do the left hand on the upper guy? It’s nice to see a gesture here and there from the captains... they seem so stoic. Lol.

It’s great, really nice through the airbrush and I use it over hull red (similar to rhinos hide).

My Rhulic Gold looks very glitter-y through an airbrush, not sure whats up with it! Its smooth on otherwise though

Haven't seen too many solar watch custodes get posted yet. I just got my bikes finished up.

High res album: https://imgur.com/gallery/WGMe1

Beautiful models.  The white came out very smooth.  What are you using for your flying stands?  They look very sturdy and the magnets seem to fit perfectly.

Thanks

Thanks. The flying stands are half inch acrylic rod I got from a local plastic store. $3.60 for 10 of them. I drilled a 1/4 hole in the top for the magnets. Lacking a drill press I didn't have a great way to insure the hole was centered, so I got the half inch, but I think if I did it again I'd use 3/8 rod.

Just started with my fist Custodes. Still very WIP, but i like how it turned out so far.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x120/DarkBjoern/Custodes/Contemptor%20Dreadnought%2001%20WIP02_zpsfolmserj.jpg

Archived