Show us your Custodes - all colours welcome!

These guys are my first minis since 2010. Started collecting Custodes because they can be painted fairly quickly due to their low unit numbers :smile.: I opted for these bases as this represents them as "individual characters" even better. My edge highlighting game is non-existent (especially on black, really hate that) but they came out pretty decent nevertheless :biggrin.:

25e3addb_7bb0_47e9_89b4_e73ffaa96758.jpg

Well here goes nothing...

I was doing a 'sale' video for the army... but I'm hesitant because I am enjoying them so much...I just have sooo many projects/armies to play and work on. I'm still working on Wardens and slapped this together as sort of a moving gallery video.

Just to be clear I am not a video editor by trade, nor do I accept and hate and/or credit for my heinous video skills.

After the Wardens are done the only thing I can think of is more... bikes? But with Knights around the corner hard to say. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are my first two finished Custodes units...a Allarus unit and an Allarus Shield Captain. I'm going to get a unit of regualr custodians and attach this patrol detachment (or maybe wardens and a standard bearer for a vanguard) to my primaris ultramarines as a deep striking melee threat.

I decided to do Dread Host because I really like thier fluff and I'm going to use this detachment with my ultramarines army, which itself is a vengeance fleet, so I thought it fit.

I also posted this in the forge so hopefully you guys don't mind the spam, I'm just really happy with how they turned out!

gallery_92768_13434_35896.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_842510.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_253927.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_250326.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_556047.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_623669.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I got a load of my guys 99% finished for blood and glory... Enjoy a dump of pics!

So Blood & Glory was absolutely AWESOME! Saw some old friends and made some new friends with some nail-bitining games thrown in.

I went 2/3 (W/L) in the end but the losses were CLOSE, with only a few VPs in it.

While I obviously have loads of pics of the games and armies, I thought I'd share the nice pics I got of my force when it was "best-painted" judging time :biggrin.:

So... Enjoy! While a few bits to do one some of these, they are 99% done.

EJzSGUw.jpg

mjyQpCv.jpg

hgUo0E1.jpg

jed8Z5I.jpg

gEhRyI3.jpg

cVyNkco.jpg

boHQUk3.jpg

szGPMQl.jpg

zEpdono.jpg

OHFPcND.jpg

J1IwjnG.jpg

NIPrBjL.jpg

vg0LcZi.jpg

ibHyEm0.jpg

6LBtaIZ.jpg

MCKOPTz.jpg

X3fvQkS.jpg

KWa9tvq.jpg

UWdE8UR.jpg

Seeing as I got a load of my guys 99% finished for blood and glory... Enjoy a dump of pics!

So Blood & Glory was absolutely AWESOME! Saw some old friends and made some new friends with some nail-bitining games thrown in.

I went 2/3 (W/L) in the end but the losses were CLOSE, with only a few VPs in it.

While I obviously have loads of pics of the games and armies, I thought I'd share the nice pics I got of my force when it was "best-painted" judging time :biggrin.:

So... Enjoy! While a few bits to do one some of these, they are 99% done.

EJzSGUw.jpg

mjyQpCv.jpg

hgUo0E1.jpg

jed8Z5I.jpg

gEhRyI3.jpg

cVyNkco.jpg

boHQUk3.jpg

szGPMQl.jpg

zEpdono.jpg

OHFPcND.jpg

J1IwjnG.jpg

NIPrBjL.jpg

vg0LcZi.jpg

ibHyEm0.jpg

6LBtaIZ.jpg

MCKOPTz.jpg

X3fvQkS.jpg

KWa9tvq.jpg

UWdE8UR.jpg

I really love your clear bases under them. Most people do not like them but with the high quality paint job you make them look great. Experience any difficulty with superglue? Wondering if you had to toss some away cause of the frosting

Archived