Battlefleet Insurrection

simison

I'm gonna throw this out there: given the sheer number of moving parts and loose/delicate things in a Gloriana, ramming as a regular means of taking out enemy ships is really not a stellar idea. You'll be scraping crew and menials off the walls every time.

Which approach works better for ramming? (Asking for Mikhal)

Given what Mikhal has mentioned so far it seems like his would be among the, if not the, smallest Gloriana (I guessed at around 12-15km). So that,means that it would use fairly standard Battleship rules, with few if any changes. This reminds me of the last limitation of the Ramilies approach (typical, i spent a good 20 mins trying to remember when i was writing the post only to give up and assume it was lost), which I will add below. To get back to the point though the Space Hulk approach would be better for ramming as I wouldn't have to write extra stuff for it because the Ramilies is intended to be a stationary vessel and thus isn't capable of ramming.

At some point there would have to be an arbitrary change from regular ship profile to the component profile. Now this is also the case for the Space Hulk method, but that can much more easily be covered by the addition of special rules under the ships profile. This arbitrary break could also lead to a strange situation where a smaller ship is inherently superior to a larger one simply due to not being broken down into separate parts (or possibly vice versa depending on how the component system works out).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...