Bit of Info from the Open Day

Cryptix

"It belongs in a museum!"

"So do you, Magos Land! Also, Ribbits, go follow that Magos Land into deep cold storage. You also belong in a museum, you're equally dangerous and unreliable and temperamental."

"Yu0 5ay t4at, 4rchma90s, but i5 ju5t bc02 imma l33t r0b0t. U r prejudiced."

---- A play, by Xisor.----

I'm inclined to agree that the old robots weren't 'written out' of 40k as much as they explained away why it's Kastellans that most people see, day to day. Indeed, it felt to me unusually decent in acknowledging the FW-made stuff.

----

I was also pleased to see the Mole from Thunderbirds was still getting work.

Image_mole_about_to_drill_.jpeg

Hmm. Over on the Heresy forum I asked if someone asked about Cyraxus during the HH Weekender and got a reply that someone had asked and that the answer was in the vein that it still had to be rewriten to 8th. The impression was given that it was not near at all.

In other words, the complete opposite of this rumour.

Edited by Taliesin

We only know for sure that it is coming, and from pictures show by FW we have an idea of what units that will make it to 40k. But that is it. They have also said that it is the next FW book.

But with GW taking more or less control of FW lately the next book might as well be custodes vs necron for all we know. :/

What pictures from FW show units?

At a open day seminar last summer they showed some pictures. It showed some scenic pictures with 40k skitarii and 30k mechanicum and the opening picture had a thanatar on it. I dont have them on my laptop but i think google pictures can be your friend:). 

Eidt found them for you:)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/banis80/f7I8yvI_zpsjhwb3hc4.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/banis80/21bf9744953d495141f6988d295089c3_55577.jpg__thumb_zpsyv5epgwy.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/banis80/9ca06efff6eec1ffa4184cd1b6c0c3dc_23558_zpsldyb6fiz.jpg

adea9e28f51f3167ddd5bbbbe15e15c6_23558.j

Edited by banis

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Fires of Cyraxus should be coming "no later than March" according to the devs at the Open Day where the Custodes were unveiled.

The White Dwarf March has come and there is not a word on Fires of Cyraxus in it.

Another rumour on Cyraxus debunked. Sigh.

Apparently Fires of Cyraxus should be coming "no later than March" according to the devs at the Open Day where the Custodes were unveiled.

The White Dwarf March has come and there is not a word on Fires of Cyraxus in it.

Another rumour on Cyraxus debunked. Sigh.

This isn't the first time the rumors announced it as "coming in March", they did the same last year. Maybe next year in march, or the year after...

At every event, people ask about it, and still there's no info. Sure, you could email FW, but you probably won't get more info than the event visitors did.

It's done when it's done. Just wait, there's nothing you could do to speed it up.

I wondered why they are slow to release it is all. Why it was delayed. Seems like it would be easy money. Probably a good sign if they are taking their time with it to polish

They wanted to wait for the relevant codexes (so AdMech, Space Marines, and Tau) to be released before launching Fires. Would make sense to wait if they've got Chapter Tactics+a stratagem and warlord trait for the Red Scorpions and similar for the other represented factions.

They wanted to wait for the relevant codexes (so AdMech, Space Marines, and Tau) to be released before launching Fires. Would make sense to wait if they've got Chapter Tactics+a stratagem and warlord trait for the Red Scorpions and similar for the other represented factions.

That would make sense. But depending on how internal communication of GW and FW works, this means it could still take quite a while. Read the codex, errata the FW WiP Cyraxis factions, maybe playtest new stuff, and then make a print version. Also, new stuff for 30k Mechanicum might end up in there too, no one knows how fast that will be done.

As I've said, it's done when it's done, any more guessing is rather pointless without info from FW.