Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transport Baneblades and Overwatch

Astra Militarum Imperial Guard Baneblade Hellhammer Shadowsword Stormlord Stormsword Banehammer Doomhammer Banesword

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ImperialSquishiness

ImperialSquishiness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Hi Guys,
Have just got myself a Baneblade which I'm in the process if turning into an Octoblade.
My question is, if I take a transport variant to house my HWS, do they get to Overwatch if it gets charged?
iUZjYV7.png

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,827 posts
Unfortunately not

The rule says they can shoot from them in their (your) shooting phase
If you read the rules about overwatch it specifically mentions it is considered the enemy's charge phase.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the BB! :D
  • ImperialSquishiness likes this

Feral_80

Feral_80

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts

Also, technically it is the vehicle that is being charged, not the passenger, so only the vehicle can overwatch.

I think a parallel is provided by the reroll-1s (and similar) in the shooting phase auras. I am quite sure they do not work on overwatch since the rule says it happens in the enemy charge phase, not in the shooting phase. However, the overwatch rule also says it uses "all normal rules" for shooting except that 6s are required to hit. This creates a bit of ambiguity, and has not been clarified yet as far as I know.

Mileposter

Mileposter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 687 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Also, technically it is the vehicle that is being charged, not the passenger, so only the vehicle can overwatch.

I think a parallel is provided by the reroll-1s (and similar) in the shooting phase auras. I am quite sure they do not work on overwatch since the rule says it happens in the enemy charge phase, not in the shooting phase. However, the overwatch rule also says it uses "all normal rules" for shooting except that 6s are required to hit. This creates a bit of ambiguity, and has not been clarified yet as far as I know.

The Overwatch section does also state that no modifiers affect Overwatch.

enyara144th.png

ImperialSquishiness

ImperialSquishiness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
Ok, Thanks. Just wanted to double check.
Will post some pics when I work out how. I'm about 75% done with painting it at the minute.
  • duz_ likes this
iUZjYV7.png

ImperialSquishiness

ImperialSquishiness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
Here's the finished Octoblade. Haven't added mud or rust battle damage, on the fence as to whether I should add any.

ccD8kK0.jpg
yoUlXei.jpg
QHk7h80.jpg
ew5WnL7.jpg
HdRPxnx.jpg
JNNWQdz.jpg
XZYo5Qy.jpg
vSP386h.jpg
qlc38ca.jpg

Edited by ImperialSquishiness, 09 January 2018 - 12:51 PM.

• duz_ likes this
iUZjYV7.png

AstraWlad

AstraWlad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts

Something gone wrong:

25722545488_71cd7d9fd8_o.png

Mileposter

Mileposter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 687 posts
Photobucket is what went wrong, unfortunately. Try imgur or postimg.org ?

enyara144th.png

ImperialSquishiness

ImperialSquishiness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
Should all be fixed now
  • duz_ likes this
iUZjYV7.png

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,827 posts
Apparently photobucket changed their policies a few months ago and wont let you embed images to other sites any more. Fortunately B&C provide a free gallery for members to use on the forum. :) ;) :tu:

Looks great!
Hard to tell with the flash. Have you or are you planning to wash the rivets and recesses? Its a complete pain, but is worth it.

Mileposter

Mileposter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 687 posts
I'm unfamiliar with this term - 'Octoblade'. Is that simply referring to being able to swap out the turrets to run it as whatever variant?
  • duz_ likes this

enyara144th.png

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,827 posts
Yup pretty much!

Elmo has done a great tutorial on how to do it yourself! :D

The magnetising itself isn't too painful. Painting all the pieces on the other hand...

ImperialSquishiness

ImperialSquishiness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts

Apparently photobucket changed their policies a few months ago and wont let you embed images to other sites any more. Fortunately B&C provide a free gallery for members to use on the forum. :) ;) :tu:

Looks great!
Hard to tell with the flash. Have you or are you planning to wash the rivets and recesses? Its a complete pain, but is worth it.

Thanks. I washed the whole tank down, started doing the individual bits, but got bored, so took a large brush and went to town on the whole thing. Doesn't really show up that well in the pics, but they are washed, although the odd one may have been missed.

I used the tutorial on here for building it. Skipped a few steps and modified slightly as there were areas that needed drilling that I thought were unnecessary or likely to be messed up, so improvised in those sections.
  • duz_ likes this
iUZjYV7.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard, Baneblade, Hellhammer, Shadowsword, Stormlord, Stormsword, Banehammer, Doomhammer, Banesword

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users