3D Printed Conversion Parts for Marines and Custodes

Edit UPDATE!

Okay folks I'm gonna be updating this as often as I can but I'm crawling my sorry backside out of a minor rut.

I'm looking for inspiration, advice, and general motivation to keep working.

the bigger listing of work can be found at https://speartip-doc.tumblr.com/

Update first post with new project, Paragon Blades!

tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo6_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo1_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo4_640.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo2_640.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo3_1280.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo1_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo2_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo3_500.png

tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo2_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo5_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo4_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo3_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo1_500.png

Well folks I've been downchecked for a long time now and I'm finally crawling out of whatever pit I've been stuck in.

I figured what better place to start this relaunch of my modeling than B&C since I'm kicking it off with our favorite bodyguards.

custodes door

Here we have a custodes rhino door (Mk 2b Land Raiders use rhino doors instead of land raider ones)

I have the plain door saved so I can just start cranking out simple designs (most of it's going to be kept 2d silhouettes).

I need inspiration, I need ideas, I need motivation!

Some of these works will end up getting translated to shapeways for sale or into self printing or resin casting. So if you're interested in a specific design lemme know, I'm open to projects.

For now I wanna finish these rhino doors and rework my land raider armored plate (will post images of that from shapeways soon)

edit: decided to hurry up and post the raptor plate.

raptor plate

redid the rhino door with the raptor, will probably redo armor plate with lightning bolts or a streaky design.

raptor door

adding the land raider raptor door.

LR raptor door

DEAR EMPEROR UPON HIS THRONE, the tedium these laurels created. The real challenge is going to be trying to put the miserocorde on a door instead of the armor plate.

misercordia plate

Okay so I finished the assault door, and figured out vector graphics (still need someone who can draw a straighter line than I can to help out.)

crusade lightning assault door

assault door with aquilla

custodes assault door scroll

custodes assault door Val style

Here's your crusade honors.

rhino raptor imperialis

land raider raptor crusade

rhino laurels

Now I'm working on a hand for shields and weapons

hand start

Hand is mostly finished, need to trim up the fingers (or just box off the joints so they'll be smoother STL files.

saber hand

grip complete

Where to next folks.

Awesome stuff. The lightning bolts and early crusade honours on extra armour panels for the land raider and rhinos respectively would add some different details and make from a nice change from the legion specifics.

Recently I've kinda figured out how to do a raptor that resembles the insignia on the shoulder of the FW "space marine centurion with early crusade honors" model. I'm pretty sure I can easily do some doors. The question is how big and how blatant.

Here also I've recently spent some time getting browbeaten by a formally trained artist and this is the result

misercordia plate 2

The insignia better fills the shape, and makes use of empty areas better. Hopefully this is gonna lead to me altering my style somewhat.

• 8 months later...

Celebrating new inspiration and new work with a thread update. I've realized I don't like the lack of custodes weapon options so i've decided to make my own. Unfortunately land raider stuff kinda got sidetracked with beta rules for FW vehicles.

First just to show off, here are prints so you know the thread isn't just more design work!

First my Tribune and one of my shield captains for size comparison.

tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo4_1280.jpg

Some smaller paragon blades that I decided to scrap and move on from since they look kinda dinkish (same scale as FW's shield captain)tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo6_r1_1280.jpg

Designs Designs Designs abounding. So far have printed all but 6,7 and the last one because I wasn't really feeling them.
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo1_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo4_640.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo2_640.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo3_1280.png
tumblr_pgeoa1HZGp1u4coygo1_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo2_500.png
tumblr_pg4fv2zm451u4coygo3_500.png

tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo2_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo5_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo4_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo3_540.png
tumblr_pg3wrhzSXo1u4coygo1_500.png

• 3 months later...

Okay updating this thread again finally, hopefully pick up some attention. Been kinda busy with life and doing a commissioned design for someone's Tau (which you can see in my thread in the Tau subforum)

Mostly personal projects which can be repurposed for other factions and a nice hand weapon intended for space vikings.

tumblr_pkgiibyoUD1u4coygo2_400.pngtumblr_pkgie35BOc1u4coygo2_1280.pngtumblr_pkgi1skjvQ1u4coygo1_540.pngtumblr_pkgi1skjvQ1u4coygo2_540.png

Internal gubbins took forever. Now on to today's work which was an axe. Went for a super simple bare bones utilitarian hand axe. A cross between a mass produced combat knife and a viking hand axe. My intention is to use paint to do embellished designs on the haft rather than have it worked into a pole that's only 1.3mm wide at it's thinnest point.

tumblr_pllu8sHG811u4coygo2_1280.pngtumblr_pllu8sHG811u4coygo1_500.png

I'll get pictures of the axe and shield prints for the next post if anyone wants.

Next post will also include shoulderpad pics.

• 2 weeks later...

A pair of Shield-Captains converted with my halberd heads.

tumblr_pm2qfaIzXi1u4coygo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pm2qfaIzXi1u4coygo2_1280.jpg

I'm probably redoing one as a different energy weapon and better blade, not sure the top one is impressive enough.

All current halberd heads are available as direct contact order with a week or so lead time for printing until I can get casting in production.

Archived