Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Corrupting primaris: a song of experimentation

chaos slaanesh noise marines primaris charachters fabius bile

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sublime Sound Seekers

I have decided to open a WIP topic dedicated to my Primaris Chaos Conversions.

I already have a WIP post, but I guessed my current effort deserved something dedicated.

I have just brought the Dark Imperium set, and I am simply astonished by the new Primaris bodies and their potential as conversion material!

Surprisingly I found very little material about "chaosification" of Primaris in Chaos Marines on the net; if some of the wonderful people of this community can point me at some examples I would be grateful

First I thought to just make some Champions out of them (I need new Sonic Blaster bearing champions for my noise marines units); I guessed they would look great as giants among pears and easy to spot, for once

Then I was impressed with the first results, started a possessed and seen it turning in my hands into a Dark Apostole.

Then a Warpsmith was due

Then, then, then...

I guess I will give each conversion a single post with pics, explanation and some fluff, editing it to show progresses (unless a mods discourage this)

So:

THE PROJECT

Convert some beautiful chaos people from bigger marines, share info, get hint, work slowly but steady to build some elite guys

Pics are awful, sorry

THE MAIN ARMY

All this new models will be added to my existing noise heavy Slaneesh army

THE FLUFF

The warband originates as a group of posers, a cover band, if you prefer :-)

Origins are clouded, but It is told that at least 4 companies of a Space Marines Chapter called Seekers, never came back from a sacred pilgrimage to the Istvaan system, to "See the root of Heresy".

Some decades after a Warband of renegades started to roam the galaxy looking for noise weaponry, trying to attract veterans from the III legion at every occasions

The Sublime Sound Seekers belive that the most "blessed" can hear the galaxy sing, and if you move with that song, you will be invincible, eternal, perfect.

They follow this belief with extraordinary abandon, only few of them indulging in rational "thinking" before act following impulses, so they have been constantly manipulated by cunning sorcerers, more experienced Chaos Lords and all matter of obscure power.

Finally they managed to host with their ranks some elements of the original III Legion, finally attracting the attention of the ever vigilant Fabius Bile

Bile and his associates, recently experimented with may voluntaries among their ranks, in his search to steal the Primaris formula from Kawl.

Those are the best results jet

Edited by Filkarion, 09 January 2018 - 01:10 PM.

gallery_29004_11951_52635.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Kako primaris

Noise champion

Name: soon

Story: soon

Conversion info: soon

Edited by Filkarion, 09 January 2018 - 01:00 PM.

gallery_29004_11951_52635.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Doom siren
Doom siren bk
Noise champion with doom siren

Edited by Filkarion, 09 January 2018 - 01:01 PM.

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Then
apostole
Apostole bk

Now
20180115 Apos
20180115 Aposbk

Dark Apostole

Edited by Filkarion, 06 February 2018 - 02:44 PM.

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Then
warpsith
warpsith bk

Now
20180115 warpsmith
20180115 warpsmithbk

Witch head is better?

Warpsmith

Edited by Filkarion, 06 February 2018 - 02:45 PM.

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons

While not technically Chaos (yet) I have used some heresy era/Rubric upgrades to convert Primaris into a loyalist (for now) Thousand Sons force and I have seen a lot of Alpha Legion out there.

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

I have seen some alpha myself, not too much I have to say, but I actually liked some Berserkers/Reivers. But I feel much more potential

Pics of your Loyalist TS?

Edited by Filkarion, 09 January 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

Here are a few pics:

36177243700_d76186bdfd_c.jpg

38589361382_54aeef30b9_z.jpg

37733779455_babe1c5461_z.jpg

37733786545_a1477496f1_z.jpg

26248148669_b4cfc3340d_c.jpg

I like where you are going with your conversions though, Mine are mostly head/arm swaps with the odd addition, might try and do a more modern take on a Full chaos Thousand Sons Primaris someday :-)

• Kurgan the Lurker, Bjorn Firewalker, Juggernut and 1 other like this

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
They are a work of absolute beauty I cannot hope to match with my current level of painting skills!
They capture a feel of proud and sad sages that have to sacrifice for the well being of lesser people!
Your simple conversion are just neat.
Mine is a different job, more messy, but I hope it will be good in the end
  • Tichinde likes this

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

Thanks for the kind words!, I was always more of a collector/painter than a player and couldn't resist the new models (and had a few leftover bits from my current Heresy/Prospero project ;-) Fluff wise I figured since Cawl had genetic material from all 20 original Primarchs why wouldn't he try and recreate/fix the flaws of the ones who turned? Regardless of what Roboute told him. That and I love the Thousand Sons history and Aesthetic. They also let me play as a Loyalist or Renegade force (depending on opponent) to try out the new 8th edition (I hadn't played since 2nd).

Once I get the Heresy lot done I plan to go back to regular 40k Chaos Thousand Sons so might throw in a couple of converted Primaris Rubric for fun.

Your conversions are great, I love the wires/pipes! hopefully a future Slaanesh release will give them the same kind of resources/new bits/models we now have for the Death Guard and Thousand Sons.

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Hey, we have great bending finecast sonic weaponry ^^;

Yes, new sculpt are greatly needed for Slaanesh (as a good new generic CSM one, among the others), still some bits can really make the difference... Well it's bound to happen, and for now I'm happy with what I've got

8 is not bad at all, can't compare to 2 as I started in 3rd.

I will do a Heresy army one day in the future, I hope my skill then will gran a good result

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,772 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

I have seen some alpha myself, not too much I have to say, but I actually liked some Berserkers/Reivers. But I feel much more potential

Pics of your Loyalist TS?

When I get home for more then grabbing food and taking a nap I'll take a picture of my Reiver Berserkers, but to give you an idea I clipped the reiver torso above the black lining and replaced with the torso from Blood Warriors, and replaced the pistol arm with a blood warriors goreaxe arm.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,120 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

Take a look at the conversion ideas in the 2nd ed Chaos dex. John Blanches army was pretty inspiring, as is some of the Chaos minis he has done over the past few years. 

Have you thought about rolling on the mutation charts in Realms of Chaos before you build your units, might give you a few ideas. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Bile likes the Primaris, I like Fabius and the big marines soo...

20180115 bile
20180115 bilebk

Meet Fabius Prime, a Fabioulos primaris clone
I've gone over the top with the chirurgeon... guess where it came from?

obviously very wip

I also made some progress with the Apostole and the Warp Smith... very little hobby time in this period ^^;

And I also made a simple Possessed... will work on his legs soon

20180115 poss

Edited by Filkarion, 06 February 2018 - 03:27 PM.

• Juggernut likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos, slaanesh, noise marines, primaris, charachters, fabius bile

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users