Krieg tank camo?

depthcharge12

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I have a green DKoK army with brown and brass accents and was curious what, if any, tank camo or scheme I should use.

I’ve seen some cool ones in grey or dunkelgelb (dark brownish yellow/German WWII tank camo) but idk if they would look kosher in my army. I could always paint them the same green but I’m not super keen on that.

What should I do?

Here’s a model for reference:

D8_D1_E28_B_37_DA_44_F7_9_EFC_F7_ACA5216

I don't think that green would look good on vehicles. I've recently painted a Mars-Alpha LR camo green, and that looks quite ok because it is reasonably realistic, but the green you're using is too bright.

I've always seen and imagined Krieg vehicles in colours that are basically those of WW1-WW2 European armies, especially German and French. I'd definitely go with those because they exhalt the more realistic and tough look of their vehicles, vs the more toy-style stuff of the normal Guard. 

You can always pick up a connection with the infantry by painting a few bits with your green, eg crew, rolled cloth, flags, shields/coat of arms hanging around, etc.

Edited by Feral_80

The tanks do not have to match your men's fatigues. Look at Vostroyans for example, they are usually red-coated with loss of brass, but their tanks are a unique cool-tan color. I recommend you paint your tanks a drab color like others have mentioned, and then just maybe do some squad markings on the tanks in green, or perhaps use green lenses or something like that. 

I paint mine with a base of Dunkelgelb, I spray them with Battlefront's Late War German spray primer, or Army Painter's Desert yellow, depending on which is available. They're pretty much the same colour. Then I drybrush it with Vallejo's Yellow Ochre, then I paint on splotches using Deathworld Forest, then drybrush those with Ellysian Green. I then edge the green splotches with Steel Legion Drab. I modified a WWII German camo scheme from a reference book that I have, the real shades of green and brown were too dark for my purposes (roughly closer to Caliban Green and Dryad Bark in case you're interested), so I went with some lighter shades. It might go well with your troops if you use the darker shades of green and brown. I couldn't find the exact image online to link to, but this one's pretty close, it just substitutes black in place of brown.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Az_6xdYW41ZahTcAu5T2FAx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXBkbHJyBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA3J1cmw-/RV=2/RE=1515672470/RO=11/RU=http%3a%2f%2ftanktaco.blogspot.com%2f2013%2f03%2fgerman-wwii-afv-camouflage-colors.html/RK=2/RS=NrfTW7lZLHsy6jl1eRUShiKuk4A-

Or if you wanted to stick to the WWI theme, you could use the German disruption pattern on the Stahlhelm:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTTciJ5VZar6oAVCD2FAx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXBkbHJyBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA3J1cmw-/RV=2/RE=1515673097/RO=11/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.ar15.com%2fforums%2ft_3_118%2f711727_Anyone-else-think-this-would-be-a-cool-paint-job-.html/RK=2/RS=lxt5p1WZx8jE2TtQQHVW6bVH9Ms-

Edited by Imperator Deus

Thanks! I wound up doing a German ambush style camo with a dunkelgelb base (Zandri Dust). I wanted to do that one that has the little individual dots within that camo, but it might’ve looked a bit OTT for Krieg.

BC3_A201_E_D49_F_4230_9_B85_6_B0_ACCE21_