+++The Armoured Fist of the Raven+++

WAR

When stealth is not an option and protection is needed we shall call on the Armoured Fists of the Raven Guard to bring us into battle to destroy the enemies of the Emperor.

"Victorus aut Mortis"

gallery_6494_11942_191135.png

To continue the momentum of the 'Talons Reach' event and 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' and continue our army builds for 8th Edition, the Raven Guard Forum is hosting a new challenge and the first for 2018.

The challenge is open to the Raven Guard (40K & 30K) and all successor chapters, both known and created by you and will run from the 15th of January through to the 15th of March.

The rules are simple: vow to paint at least 1 unit listed below you'd like for your army.

Land Raider- any Variants including Forge World

Spartan

Proteus

Chapter Approved 2017 VDR Land Raider (must be legal to the rules in Chapter Approved)

Storm Eagle

Repulsor

* If you already have a completed unit listed above you are ahead of the curve.

You can participate by building at least 1 vehicle from the Dedicated Transport option to support your forces.

Each Vow should be:

The Overlord Race Bannon, demands a Land Raider, I, <State your Username> shall oblige him with one for the Glory of <Insert your Chapter here> "by 11:59 PM on March 15, 2017.

Each vow should be accompanied by a before photo, showing the model/models in their pre-painted state (under coated is fine) (. Upon completion, post a photo of the completed model(s). More than one angle would be nice, but not required.

It is preferred the quality be at least for table-top use with three different colors used (washes do not count).

The progress will be updated every few days.

Image for signature line vows :

gallery_6494_11942_3062.jpg

Original discussion found here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342908-next-ravenspire-section-build/

Particapants

War009- Raptors Land Raider- Vowed (before shown)
MajorNese- Raptors Razorback- Vowed
(Before Shown) COMPLETED
Duz_- Raven Guard Repulsor- Vowed (Before shown) -COMPLETED
Seriade- Raven Guard Repulsor- Vowed (Before shown)
Hellstrike- Black Guard Repulsor- Vowed (Before shown)

Dusterthreeonesix- Raven Guard Land Raider Crusader (Before Shown)

Race Bannon- Ravenguard Teminus Ultra - COMPLETED

9x19 Parabellum- Ravenguard Predator

Edited by war009

To paraphrase a certain twitter message:

"The Overlord Race Bannon, informs me that he has a Land Raider on his desk at all times. I, MajorNese, am pleased to inform him that I too have a razorback, but it has a much bigger & more powerful assault cannon than his, and it is still in the works!until 11:59 PM on March 15, 2017.

What I'm saying...it'll double as Stalker tank. :sweat:

The Overlord Race Bannon, demands a Repulsor, I, duz_ shall oblige him with one for the Glory of Raven Guard by 11:59 PM on March 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_388917.jpg

Ps there is an errant " in the vow text. :wink:

Off topic but....

Does anyone else find all the new Primaris boxes aesthetically pleasing and also that first view of the plastic within the box when you first open it? This picture did it for me. :sweat: :biggrin.:

Off topic but....

Does anyone else find all the new Primaris boxes aesthetically pleasing and also that first view of the plastic within the box when you first open it? This picture did it for me. :sweat: :biggrin.:

I think its the new CAD process of miniature design coupled with a new manufacturing review towards loss. Someone in the last few years has spent some time with the GW team reviewing with them how to more efficiently design and arrange sprues for sure. I can say without a doubt this old-gamer had a chubby the first time I opened one of the new kits after coming back to the game.

Its beautiful :wub:

Well, I'm out of this one :(

There's no way I can get an Achilles in time.

Since that is the ONLY Land Raider variant I'm interested in, I'm going to have to pass this time.

On a related note, after finding some pads on Shapeways I'm seriously considering building up a Black Guard force. Just because I like being different and you see Black Guard the least out of all the successors.

Plus a heavy firepower oriented Chapter will get a lot of mileage out of our Chapter Tactics.

The Overlord Race Bannon, demands a Land Raider, I, Duster316 shall oblige him with one for the Glory of The Raven Guard.

Hello. New to the B&C here. I saw this and thought it'd be the perfect way to start the Raven Guard first company I'd always had planned. So here we go.

sml_gallery_104572_14146_58065.jpgsml_gallery_104572_14146_176179.jpg

Corvin Severax' gonna get a brand new ride.

And I'm going with a Crusader because, as an ig player, it scares me. :wink:

Welcome to the Ravenspire, Duster316 be sure to look around here as we are the best sub faction on B&C, with a great group of guys and gals around. If you have any questions just ask. 

And Welcome to the build.

Welcome to the Ravenspire, Duster316 be sure to look around here as we are the best sub faction on B&C, with a great group of guys and gals around. If you have any questions just ask.

And Welcome to the build.

Thanks, and will do. :)

In the meantime, today was my first decent day off in a while.

sml_gallery_104572_14146_22581.jpg

So box to full assembly. And hopefully undercoat if the weather ever co-operates.

Unfortunately, I'm Scottish :dry.:

Given work at the moment (just back from 2 weeks in the Gambia).....I unfortunately am going to have to give this challenge a miss and save the Stormeagle for a flyer challenge later in the year :sad.:

I think we were discussing a flyer one next so you are good. 

At least the stalker gun is done, needed that on a game. No further progress on the rhino, trying to finish a half-painted squad before converting custodes primaris jetbikes.

I am trying to get other stuff done too.....have yet to start on LR but need too