Mantis Warriors 5th Company and Jopall Indentured Squadrons

Calgar 2.0

So, a new year, now it's time for a new army. This will be the log for my Mantis Warriors army, depicting the 5th Company of the Chapter in the 42nd Millennium, following the Indomitus Crusade.

Lore will follow in a separate post.

The Sepulchra Metallica

YJj7vEg.jpg

Tranquility Veterans (Sternguard)

nveJwf3.jpg

Primaris Captain

0rrjUbU.jpg

Regular LT

u2cAdpJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

"And now for something completely different"

Leman Russ Exterminator for the Jopall 19th Armored Troop. This may play my hand for my personal fluff for my collection, so look out for that soon.

4tKw7KX.jpg

ZKi10kg.jpg

Kgt5qtI.jpg

And yes, this is my entry for the Trooping if the Colours event. B)

• 11 months later...

*blows dust off thread*

So uhhh..... It's been a while. I went through a lot last year, changed jobs, and had to deal with a break up, so I didn't have too much time for hobby stuff, especially considering my ex still has my paints. But! Onwards and Upwards!

I started painting the guard contingent of my army in preparation of a Kill Team campaign starting at my FLGS next week.

Gunnery Sergeant Gracjan Starosta, Jopall 20th Indentured Squadron, Shocktroop Platoon

QwfqiVJ.jpg

Veterans of the 20th's A Company manning a barricade in the capitol city of Qamatis

CtDdAzz.jpg

BTW, that lore I promised last year should be on the way this next week as well.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Here's an early morning update.

Major Jakub Anders, Master of Ordnance

ng5G2tN.jpg

The camo on his uniform is from the 2nd Edition Guard codex, BTW

The PBI, normal Guardswoman and Guardswoman

TeJ0dFx.jpg

Thanks Bjorn!

So.... Lore. Get ready for a wall of text, everyone.

In 999.M41, a contingent of the Red Corsairs, themselves led by Arminius Pax, a former Ultramarine, lead an invasion of the Gellerhorn cluster, a region of space in the "upper" part of the Galaxy (space is 3D, so I figure it's on the edge of the Galaxy whilst being nearby the Maelstrom). The Imperium was preparing to reclaim the cluster, however the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum delayed the operation. At the conclusion of the Indomitus Crusade the Imperium finally starts the Gellerhorn Crusade. The total of Warmaster is given to Hallam Sexton, an accomplished general from the Noble Houses of Nord Merica on Terra.

Warmaster Sexton divides command of the Crusade across 3 armies. Herein, we shall be discussing the 1st Army.

The honor of leading this force is given to Lord General Drahoslav Mikula Stárek of the Opava 40th Division, a unit mostly consisting of Heavy Infantry from a feral world that is covered in wastelands. The Lord General made a name for himself by leading the 40th through the Plague Wars in Ultramar, rumours even state that he had personally faced a heretic commander in close combat, and slew the traitor flawlessly.

Units under his command are varied, however some of the most unique are the Jopall Indentured Squadrons. Fresh from the battlefields of Vigilus and the Nachmund Gauntlet, Colonel Maksymilian Rutkowski leads the Jopall 20th Indentured (Infantry), and the Jopall 19th Indentured (Armoured).

However, when the Imperium goes to war, it's not only the blessed Imperial Guard on the front. Accompanying the 1st Army is the Mantis Warriors 5th Company, commanded by Captain Quan Phan, a Primaris Marine, and Reclusiarch Kire Pandeu. In addition reports of an Inquistorial force from a lesser Ordo seem to indicate one Inquisitor Soroush Khoroushi, from the Ordo Cursarius is present, as is a Tempestus Scions company closely associated with the Ordo.

The first system of the Gellerhorn cluster to become a battleground of the 1st Army is the Winalagatis System. When Arminius Pax invaded, this was the first system he fought in.

The central star is Hé-no, a white dwarf star first discovered during the Great Crusade by the warriors of the V and XIII Legios. Closest to the star is the refinery world of Gijesa, a vital world in the cluster as it is the prime source of promethium in the area. Tabaldak is an Agri World that provides grain and other foodstuffs for the subsector.

Qamatis is the third planet from the sun, and the "main" populated planet in the system. Qamatis is covered in temperate rain forests (think the Pacific Northwest in the US and Canada), with several major population centers situated through the planet. The planet is also the main source of resistance against the Chaos Occupation Force. During the initial invasion the PDF effectively broke apart, with one third fighting against the traitors. After a protracted land war, and the intervention of the Red Corsairs and the Lost and Damned, the PDF have started a guerilla war. The overall commander of the resistance cells, and therefore, the PDF Commander is Colonel Nanuk Nahuel, formerly a 2nd Lt in the PDF.

After Qamatis, there is the deathworld of Gagqa. Formerly a verdant paradise, after an exceptional planetary defense campaign, in which 5 planetary strike forces were repelled, Arminius Pax used Rad Weaponry to bombard the planet for a full sidereal week.

On the world of Xamatutsi, an ocean world, fleets of wet navy ships constantly battle for supremacy amongst the floating Hive cities.

Finally, Napioa is the prime world for manufacturing arms and armor in the system.

After the liberation of the Winalagatis sector, Lord General Stárek has his eyes set on the Laran and Andarta systems.

Key Characters in the A.O. (Imperial)

Lord General Drahoslav Mikula Stárek (Opava 40th)

Colonel Maksymilian Rutkowski (Jopall 20th)

Captain Quan Phan (Mantis Warriors 5th Company)

Reclusiarch Kire Pandeu (Mantis Warriors 5th Company)

Colonel Nanuk Nahuel (Qamatis PDF/Resistance)

Admiral Laurens Jonkheer (Battlefleet Gellerhorn)

And some lore for the Chaos side now.

"The Wheel Has Come Full Circle"

Once a promising Astartes, Arminius is now that which concerns even the most stalwart of battle brothers, one if their own turning their back on the Emperor. Born in 917.M41 to a noble family on Quintarn, Arminius excelled in his training, and was eventually accepted as an aspirant for the Ultramarines. Whilst he excelled in drill and CQB, marksmanship was his weakpoint. After twenty years as a neophyte, Arminius Pax is elevated to a full Astartes. In the ensuing years, he excels as a commander, and is given a squad of the 6th Reserve Company. In 989.M41, whilst the chapter was conducting combat and anti-piracy operations in the Maelstrom zone, Pax Arminius abandons the chapter and joins the Red Corsairs.

In the following eleven years, Pax Arminius forms his own warband, The Unbroken. It shall be noted here that, for some unknown reason, The Unbroken make use of Rad and Phosphex weaponry.

Some key members of The Unbroken

Athol Niven (Joined 995.M41)

- A former Storm Warden, Athol Nice dedicates himself to Khorne, and is often seen leading a squad of Astartes equipped with jump packs.

"The Reaver" (Joined 001.M42)

- A true enigma, the warrior know as the Reaver has no known origin. His power armor is a Mish mash of different marks and liveries. It is known that The Reaver is not a practitioner of the Dark Powers.

Key Members of the Chaos Forces

Arminius Pax (Red Corsairs)

Athol Niven (Red Corsairs)

Captain Arkady Orlov (Tyrant's Legion/Slaaneshi Cult)

Valerius (Dark Mechanicus)

Yngvarr (Former Rogue Trader, Captain of Laran's Lament )

Daregroki (Fallen Demiurg)

Wapasha Goyathlay (Qamatis PDF/Cultist)

Yuval Aviya (Wapasha's XO for PDF, rumored to worship Malice)

Archived