Forge World reinforcements woohoo!

Saxxon the Dragoon

Been waiting a few weeks but my forgeworld order just came in. My Salamanders successors are about to get some more toys to play with.

Dragoon reinforcements

Salamanders Contemptor (running it in my list as relic contemptor dread) with cyclone launcher, kheres assault cannon, assault claws with plasma blast gun

Sicaran Omega Tank Destroy, omega plasma array, heavy bolter, 2 lascannons, storm bolter.

I cant wait to put these together and start knocking some xenos and heretics around.

20180109 213308

Sicaris Omega Destroyer built. Gotta say, FW has really done a fantastic job molding their resin. Compared to the warhound titan I bought a decade ago which was a massive headache with a lot of issues, this only had a few small mold lines and a few things to grind down. Fantastic model and cant wait to prime and paint this sexy beast.

another update, finished up the salamanders contemptor dreadnought. I honestly thought it was going to be a little bigger. I will greenstuff the base tomorrow (and build my wife's space wolves contemptor dread). Even though its only slightly taller than the old school 'metal' venerable dread, it still looks fantastic.

20180109 234331

20180109 234249

20180109 234236

Here is the old school metal venerable dread for size comparison (need to fix some damage from the last time I moved, had some banners but they broke off, but at least the arms are still pinned across and move just fine).

20180109 234743

I am considering adding something else on the base but I cant thing of what else to add to it right now. Anyways, tell me what you guys think of my addition to my salamander successor army.

Ended up having errands to run after work so didnt get around to working on my projects like I wanted, but figured I might as well put together He'stan and my wife's space wolves contemptor.

20180110 231932

okay, the next few pictures are of the space wolves contemptor. too proud of my work not to post it with this update. I love the downed pilot I added to the base.

20180110 231946

20180110 232006

20180110 232029

20180110 232101

Next up on my project list: Forgeworld MK4 techmarine and doing some more basework on my salamanders contemptor.

Putting in more work over the weekend priming it and then putting on the main color scheme of my chapter (red and black with gold highlights). The Sicaran Omega is turning out fantastic (though I wish the rules for it were a bit better, its kind of on the weak side for a tank destroyer).

20180115 070411

20180115 070426

20180115 070450

If anyone has any tips on how to really make the plasma pop out, I am all ears. I put in the light blue for the time being to act as a place holder until I decide how to make it look good. I am really happy with the model.

I liked the red all over, but it made the dragon heads and all the scales just kind of blend in. So testing out something to break up the color scheme, I decided to go with an homage to the chapter they were successors of, Green.

Putting green on all the scaling and dragon heads, it turned out fantastic. This is probably my favorite model in my army now.

20180118 221512

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like I forgot to update my thread with shading done and some other work I did to this model.

20180121 175313

20180121 175236

20180121 175333

Due to how well this turned out, I decided to buy a second one from forge world (this time just 2 dread arms with plasma blastguns and the claws) with the option to add a cyclone launcher.

I thinking I will go either full red or maybe go gold for the dragon head and give the scales and such a metallic bronze color.