Necromunda Orlock Gang... Old School Metals!

Dam13n

It's been a long time since I posted anything up in the HoH... mainly due to me becoming absorbed in painting loads of non-GW models (which I obviously couldn't post here :happy.: )

But with the re-release of Necromunda, the announcement of the upcoming Orlock gang and a little time on my hands... I decided to get some 'practice' in by painting up the old metal Orlocks that I've had lying around stripped of paint for a few more years than I'd like to admit (I bought them new from a GW store... which may give you some idea of how old these figures actually are :wink: )

I decided on a predominantly blue colour scheme, with black and white as the neutral colours, and pale skin, tan and leather browns as the contrast colours.  The palette is still predominantly a cold one... but it's one I'm happy with upon completion... and here they are...

24749275657_4852634c6a_c.jpg

I also decided to experiment with a version of SETMM on the gunmetal areas.  By washing Agrax Earthshade on the lower half and Guilliman Blue Glaze on the upper half of each object before adding some highlights and scratches to the surface.  It's a technique I'll try to improve upon going forwards, as it does work rather well (in a nice subtle kind of way).

The decision to do the gun casings in tan was one made after the rest of the figures had been painted.  Largely because I needed to see how the rest of the palette worked together and how bright / warm the casings would need to be to work with the rest of the scheme.  I then decided to go to town weathering them to look aged, used and abused.  My own internal logic surrounding their use in the Underhive being that they were intended to be shipped off to Armageddon or Tallarn or... somewhere suitably desert / wasteland themed before being 'liberated' by my gang.

Although the picture doesn't show it too well, the Leader's Power Axe was also a nice diversion... any excuse to play around with some lightning effects...

So, hope you like them... C&C welcome, of course... :happy.: