Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Competitive] GK + Inquisition 2000 pts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
BATTALION (+3 CPs)
- DK Grand Master (greatsword, dreadfist, psycannon, psilencer, teleporter, Warlord: First to the Fray, Sanctuary) 285
- DK Grand Master (greatsword, dreadfist, psycannon, psilencer, teleporter, Sanctuary) 285
- 5 PAGK (4 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Gate of Infinity) 107
- 5 PAGK (4 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Gate of Infinity) 107
- Razorback (twin lascannon, missile) 126

VANGUARD (+1 CP)
- Lord Kaldor Draigo (Purge Soul, Vortex of Doom) 240
- Apothecary (hammer, storm bolter, Purge Soul, Cuirass of Sacrifice) 103
- Brotherhood Ancient (falchion, storm bolter, Vortex of Doom) 130
- 3 Paladins (1 hammer, 2 pairs of falchions, 3 storm bolters, Hammerhand) 178

SUPREME COMMAND (+1 CP)
- Inquisitor Greyfax (Terrify) 85
- Inquisitor (power maul, Condemnor boltgun, psyker, Dominate) 60
- Inquisitor (power maul, Condemnor boltgun, psyker, Dominate) 60

TOT 1999
8 CPs
28 models

The basic idea is to fill 1 Razor with Inquisitors to normal-Smite stuff, while the other keeps 5 PAGK safe (other 5 are DS'ing most of the time and the last 5 start hidden somewhere ready to jump forward with GoI). DKGMs with the CC guys DS'ing unless match conditions require differently ;)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by Chronos Darkhelmet, 11 January 2018 - 06:10 AM.

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

Taking Banner of Refining Flame is usually not worth it without Brother Captain. Cuirass of Sacrifice on Apothecary is our best relic. 5+++ seems not so good at first, but it saved my Apothecary so many times. This and healing ability makes him extremely resilent.

You also have only one Sanctuary source per army. If this Dreadknight fall, you will be left with 4++ on second one. Give it to apothecary instead of purge soul. GNDMK can cast 2 powers, but know only one from Sanctic. It is better to give them a power that you have to cast every turn. I usually give second one purge soul. Astral aim is very situative. You can give it to draigo instead, so he will cast smite and Vortex every turn.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
Thanks! Effectively my first thought was to give Sanctuary to both NDKGMs and cast out Astral Aim from the list. For the sake of redundancy, I think I will put this at work.

Also I understand that the banner is under-effective in these conditions, usually I ran a BC in the list to combo with it (it's a leftover of past lists in fact). OK the Cuirass on somebody to save at all costs.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 14,653 posts

I'd drop the Ancient for another Apothecary.

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
New version meant to perform better (in theory at the moment) in the new balanced missions from the CA ;)

BATTALION (+3 CPs)
- Grand Master on NDK (greatsword, dreadfist, psycannon, psilencer, teleporter, Sanctuary) 285
- 5 PAGK (3 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Hammerhand) 107
- 5 PAGK (3 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Hammerhand) 107
- Bro Ancient (falchion, storm bolter, Banner of Refining Flame, Astral Aim) 130

OUTRIDER (+1 CP)
- Bro Cap (warding stave, storm bolter, Sanctuary) 152
- 5 Interceptors (3 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Gate of Infinity) 127
- 5 Interceptors (3 pairs of falchions, 1 halberd, 4 storm bolters, 1 psilencer, Gate of Infinity) 127

VANGUARD (+1 CP)
- Inquisitor Greyfax (Warlord: Inspiring Leader, Terrify) 85
- 1 Acolyte (bolter, bolt pistol) 8

TOT 1996
8 CPs
41 models

Interesting mobility plus a couple of combos (Refining Flame increased in range; Purge Soul cast at Ld 12 with -1 to oppo's Ld) ;)

Edited by Chronos Darkhelmet, 18 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

• Master Toddius likes this

skarn

skarn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
Thays an interesting list, and pretty similar to what i run;
Batallion:
2 x gmdk
3 x strikes
Raven
Vanguard:
Draigo
Apothecary
3 pallies
Doomglaive
Vanguard:
OM Inquisitor
5 x 1 acolytes

The units of 1 acolyte in the raven along with the dread. Everything else deepstrikes.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
Time passes, beta rules come out, AMD hearts & eyes bleed :D Due to the new reserve rules for matched play, here is how my list has evolved in order to resist 1st turn with only half units *and* PLs on the battlefield:

BATTALION (+5 CPs)
- Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight (teleporter, greatsword, dreadfist, psilencer, psycannon, Sanctuary, General: First to the Fray) 285
- 10 Strikes (7 falchions, 1 halberd, 8 bolters, 2 psilencers, Hammerhand) 214
- 5 Strikes (4 falchions, 1 halberd, Gate of Infinity) 105
- 5 Strikes (4 falchions, 1 halberd, Gate of Infinity) 105
- Razorback (lascannon) 120
- Razorback (lascannon) 120

VANGUARD (+1 CP)
- Brother-Captain (bolter, stave, Sanctuary) 152
- Brotherhood Ancient (bolter, falchion, Hammerhand, Banner of Refining Flame) 130
- Venerable Dreadnought (lascannon, missile launcher, Astral Aim) 185
- Venerable Dreadnought (lascannon, missile launcher, Astral Aim) 185

VANGUARD (+1 CP)
- Inquisitor (Hereticus, psyker, Terrify, boltgun) 55
- 6 Acolytes (Hereticus, boltgun) 48
- 5 Acolytes (Hereticus, boltgun) 40
- 2 Acolytes (Hereticus, boltgun) 16

TOT 2000

The Inquisition sits on the ground almost completely inside Razors with Draigo to twin-link them and the Vens, all the rest strikes from the teleportarium on turn 2 ;) Gonna test it at a friendly tournament this Sunday, hope it performs decently :D

Gnomeo

Gnomeo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
Just an fyi the best LD you can get for purge soul is LD11 as modifiers occur before you share stat line. So inquisitor with inspiring leader. However an astropath can cast a -2 ld power if you wanted to check that out though you would have to reshuffle detachments a little.

Chronos Darkhelmet

Chronos Darkhelmet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts

Just an fyi the best LD you can get for purge soul is LD11 as modifiers occur before you share stat line. So inquisitor with inspiring leader. However an astropath can cast a -2 ld power if you wanted to check that out though you would have to reshuffle detachments a little.

And such motivations are exactly why I swapped Terrify for Dominate on the Inquisitor at the last moment :P

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,432 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights and Admech

If your Dreads are going to be deployed out of sight and using Astral Aim are two of them neccessary? As one is gonna have to come out of hiding to shoot and therefor be shot back is my thinking.

I only ask as by taking one out you can add in an Apothecary to heal Draigo as I assume you will be throwing Vortex with the 3D6 Stratagem and he will need his Perils wounds healed back....

You would then have a further 95 points left for what you fancy. 

Otherwise id like to know your game experience of the Venerables over the normal Dreads. Given that at least one should be out of sight 60pts for +1BS seems steep.

Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users