Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumored release schedule

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
330 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,302 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

To be fair, most peoples regular Chaos Marine armies look the same as well. The new kits make it harder for the people who want to convert/kitbash/customize their armies, but many many people just build their armies as in the manual and call it a day. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts
Its a big toss up with gw. I think they got hammered by people saying it takes to long to build the army before playing. So the best way for them to get/keep people playing is to make it easy for them to build the initial army. Then as they get suckered in they will epand that army by buying other sets.

Yes its a pain for people to convert these starter models, but it can be done with a bit of patience

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,809 posts

If the Chaos kit is like the Plague Marines one and far too limited in customization/ posing it's not going to be fun.

That's my only worry.

• Son of Carnelian, Celtic_cauldron, Slave to Darkness and 2 others like this

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts

I agree, they need to work on the ballance for newbies and people who want to chop and convert 

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,284 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Oh I agree that it makes it easier for people to build armies quickly, and great for younglings, but IMHO it seems like we are taking a step backwards after having years of kits with more poseability.

Theres no correct way to 'hobby' I do admit, and the new kits are more detailed, I just prefer being able to pose my minis the way I like without cutting them up and doing major conversion work.

Anyhoo this is drifting off topic, I have said my bit and feel better now its off my chest. As for the rumors I hope the Russ doesnt turn up all Wulfenesque, dont like the Team Jacob vibe the Wolves have atm.
  • derLumpi, Celtic_cauldron, Robbienw and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,272 posts
  • Faction: Dark Eldar

=][= Topic seems to have run its course for the time being, lockdown in effect.  PM a mod if more news comes about, as always. =][=

• Slave to Darkness, EnsignJoker, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

Commorites working with Craftworlders is like Autobots working with Decepticons.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users