Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumored release schedule

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,207 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

Hopefully SW release will give Primaris some proper units. Also bits and pieces for my Grey Talons, currently on the limbo.

*waits patiently*

- pokes rangar, " Hey you Primarized yourself yet?"

- ragner: whispers shhhhhh

- russ: hi

don't forget about Lukas.

Hopefully SW introduce some melee Primaris, I was hoping DA would get some terminator Primaris but that didn't happen.

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg

"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke

"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim

"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,482 posts
  • Chapter Name: 7th Terran Regiment
Please forget about Lucas
  • Withershadow and Spinsanity like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,208 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
:cuss Lukas.
If there is a thing i hate in SW it's that jackass.

Edited by Sete, 15 January 2018 - 02:26 PM.

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,722 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

You will see cc  Primaris soon enough since they now squat like their short cousins.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,814 posts

censored.gif Lukas.

He grows on you, especially after reading Ashes of Prospero.

His lore is actually a bit intriguing, he's a Bloodclaw (but only in rank), yet he is probably on par with a wolfguard battleleader/wolf lord in actual skill.

I'm really curious to see if the eventual Primaris CQC have new melee weapons

banana

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,207 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

:cuss Lukas.

He grows on you, especially after reading Ashes of Prospero.
His lore is actually a bit intriguing, he's a Bloodclaw (but only in rank), yet he is probably on par with a wolfguard battleleader/wolf lord in actual skill.

I'm really curious to see if the eventual Primaris CQC have new melee weapons

Let's hope they aren't as static as current Primaris. Where we can either have a chainswords or a knife. I want to see a Primaries with bolter and chainsword, with the Sgt able to take a frost sword or lightning claw or something.
  • Noserenda, Triszin and Sete like this

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg

"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke

"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim

"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,208 posts
SW are my last hope for a bit of personality on the Primaris. Fingers crossed.
  • Triszin likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,812 posts
  • Chapter Name: Knights of Baal

Not my last hope but definitely something I'm looking forward to. If there aren't some more interesting primaris units with the SW Codex then they surely will come at a later point.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,904 posts

Custodes (Imperium)
Nurgle Daemons (Chaos)

Death Guard (Chaos)
Primaris Marines (Imperium)
Triumvirate of the Primarch (Imperium)

Triumvirate of the Ynaari (Xenos)
Triumvirate of the Imperium (Imperium)
Thousand Sons (Chaos)
Genestealer Cults (Xenos)

Deathwatch (Imperium)

No, if you seriously think Chaos needs to warm the bench for a bit, then the Imperium absolutely needs to join them for a longer time out. I'm really getting sick of the attitude from certain Imperial players that if we go a whole TWO releases in a row without loyalist power armour STOP THE BREAKS THIS IS TOO MUCH DAMN GW AND THEIR CHAOS BIAS!

I like how you padded this list by adding every single tiny Imperial release acting like they equaled in any way big releases Cults or Nurgle got. Actually, if you added up new models in Deathwatch, both Triumvirates, and Primaris together, you'd get less models than Death Guard got alone, never mind the other two waves of Daemons plus TS. Since when four hamsters equals four elephants? rolleyesclean.gif

Also, I like how you conveniently 'forgot' about Harlequins/Eldrad release in the same box as Deathwatch, giving xenos another Deathwatch-sized release, in an event that was supposed to showcase new army, which was then blatantly outshined by Phil Kelly's pet factions, both in release and DW rules he bungled so badly you don't see DW on tables anymore.

I agree, if there is a faction that should be put on a backbench a pretty long time, it's Chaos. They got a mountain of releases over last 2 years, with maybe sole exception of Slaanesh. He/she next to Sisters and Inquisition are the only three factions that deserve releases now, then we should get new army, and only then we can go back to xenos (most of which have at least 80% new, plastic range anyway), Imperium, then Chaos, and even then it should be something new, not re-hashes and re-re-releases of ancient stuff... ermm.gif

• Ishagu likes this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

He/she next to Sisters and Inquisition are the only three factions that deserve releases now

Right. Because pleasing every single player around is a sound business practice, especially if it means ignoring the rest of the company's stakeholders (namely employees and shareholders)...

Going by the same logic it could be argued that the only factions that deserve a release are Slaan, Zoats and Squats, and that Sisters, Inquisition and Slaanesh should wait their turn.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,812 posts

He/she next to Sisters and Inquisition are the only three factions that deserve releases now

Without words. rolleyesclean.gif

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Eldar

Also, I like how you conveniently 'forgot' about Harlequins/Eldrad release in the same box as Deathwatch, giving xenos another Deathwatch-sized release, in an event that was supposed to showcase new army, which was then blatantly outshined by Phil Kelly's pet factions, both in release and DW rules he bungled so badly you don't see DW on tables anymore.

Seriously? Death Masque was an insulting joke for Harlequin players. No new Harlequin models, no rules apart from a few formations, and a terrible, nonsensical story that turned some of the most dangerous warriors in 40k into punching bags for space marines. Oh, and Eldrad gets beaten down by some random sergeant, who I assume has been executed for disobeying orders by now.

Death Masque was a cheap source for previously released Harlequin models, because people bought it got the Deathwatch and sold the Harlequins on ebay.
  • Lord Marshal and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,997 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels of Shadow
See? These release schedule rumours are toxic! They cause nothing but arguments and cause a great community to attack itself.

We're still nursing the wounds inflicted on us by Old-GW that we're distrustful of New-GW, no matter what they do.

Things will be released. Things will not be released. It's always been this way. But release schedules tell us nothing and leave us with conjecture and wishlisting.
  • derLumpi, klisof, The Doctor Of War and 2 others like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 623 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Wardens

Custodes (Imperium)
Nurgle Daemons (Chaos)

Death Guard (Chaos)

Thousand Sons (Chaos)

Deathwatch (Imperium)

No, if you seriously think Chaos needs to warm the bench for a bit, then the Imperium absolutely needs to join them for a longer time out. I'm really getting sick of the attitude from certain Imperial players that if we go a whole TWO releases in a row without loyalist power armour STOP THE BREAKS THIS IS TOO MUCH DAMN GW AND THEIR CHAOS BIAS!

I like how you padded this list by adding every single tiny Imperial release acting like they equaled in any way big releases Cults or Nurgle got. Actually, if you added up new models in Deathwatch, both Triumvirates, and Primaris together, you'd get less models than Death Guard got alone, never mind the other two waves of Daemons plus TS. Since when four hamsters equals four elephants? rolleyesclean.gif

I agree, if there is a faction that should be put on a backbench a pretty long time, it's Chaos. They got a mountain of releases over last 2 years, with maybe sole exception of Slaanesh. He/she next to Sisters and Inquisition are the only three factions that deserve releases now, then we should get new army, and only then we can go back to xenos (most of which have at least 80% new, plastic range anyway), Imperium, then Chaos, and even then it should be something new, not re-hashes and re-re-releases of ancient stuff... ermm.gif

Primaris received almost as many kits as the Death Guard and were just an expansion of Vanilla Space Marines. At least Death Guard, whilst fundamentally CSMs, were touted as a whole new army.

Spoiler

It's probably worth noting that we know GW are not going to miss Primaris gathering dust for years. It's a given we'll see plenty more releases for them, unlike other armies that will have to wait for their turn to come around in an unknown amount of itme.

Daemons and Tzaangors were cross-compatible AoS releases, which the "2much Cayos!11!" crowd like to leave out.

He referenced Chaos receiving two Primarchs as being part of the problem, so I included the Triumvirates given that the Imperium received one. Oh right, and double the characters of either Xenos (3) and Chaos (0). So yes, they're relevant. 

Chaos is receiving a bucket load of releases now because it's gone without anything for close to a decade (until Thousand Sons), unlike the steady diet of Imperial releases... but hey, GW are still doing all they can to keep up with that. Funny thing.

It speaks to the entitlement of certain Imperial/Space Marine players that another faction getting almost/as many kits as them is proof they need to be put on the backburner, as if they should be exempt from release glut. 

Edited by Lord Marshal, 16 January 2018 - 07:29 AM.

• Magpie Knight likes this

Ugolino

Ugolino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts

Chaos still doesn't have a proper troop set for Chaos Marines. None of this subfaction nonsense- the Primaris marines players'll somehow manage with all their unwanted and unasked for variants if GW takes the time to make one, straightforward troop set for Chaos proper in the Dark Vengeance style.

• totgeboren and sfPanzer like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,812 posts

See? These release schedule rumours are toxic! They cause nothing but arguments and cause a great community to attack itself.

We're still nursing the wounds inflicted on us by Old-GW that we're distrustful of New-GW, no matter what they do.

Things will be released. Things will not be released. It's always been this way. But release schedules tell us nothing and leave us with conjecture and wishlisting.

To be fair, the problem here isn't the release schedule rumours. The problem is people going "My faction deserves a release more than yours!" which they would regardless of there being such rumours or not. Without it they'd just do it later.

• Bulwyf likes this

Disclaimer:

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of Our Martyred Lady

Chaos still doesn't have a proper troop set for Chaos Marines. None of this subfaction nonsense- the Primaris marines players'll somehow manage with all their unwanted and unasked for variants if GW takes the time to make one, straightforward troop set for Chaos proper in the Dark Vengeance style.

Oh, sorry, I forgot chaos Marines are still in metal.

Sisters of battle need a single box in plastic, that's all, and you could make everything out of it except Seraphim, vehicles and Repentia. But hey, you know, all "imperial" players are just Marines. Forget about the sisters players who's models are metal or the guard players whose Catachans desperately need to be updated, since they show their age worse than any other plastic model.
  • walter h and Red_Shift like this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
Sisters fans keep on bemoaning the absence of Sister releases, no matter what others say.
Chaos fans keep on bemoaning the absence of newer basic troop models, no matter what others say.
Xenos fans keep on bemoaning the absence of [Faction] releases, no matter what others say.

There's no rumour-mongering left in here whatsoever, it seems... Is there any reason for this thread to remain open?
  • beefeb, walter h, The Doctor Of War and 3 others like this

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,320 posts

Yeah, I was talking about Primaris when they were announced. When they were released along with the DG the general consensus was: 'HERESY!' that has probably changed now.

Also, Custodes are awesome.

Well, they are technically Heresy, and the paper-thin fluff around them is a hamfisted way to fit them in without triggering the “Spess Marinez are being phased out” Brigade, which happened anyway. The models are cool though, and now that the initial sting has worn off, people have more or less accepted it. But you’re right that no one would be complaining if they never made Primaris in the first place.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,812 posts

Then again...what isn't heresy in 40k. rolleyesclean.gif

Disclaimer:

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Custodes (Imperium)
Nurgle Daemons (Chaos)
Death Guard (Chaos)
Thousand Sons (Chaos)
Deathwatch (Imperium)

Primaris received almost as many kits as the Death Guard and were just an expansion of Vanilla Space Marines. At least Death Guard, whilst fundamentally CSMs, were touted as a whole new army.

Spoiler

It's probably worth noting that we know GW are not going to miss Primaris gathering dust for years. It's a given we'll see plenty more releases for them, unlike other armies that will have to wait for their turn to come around in an unknown amount of itme.

Daemons and Tzaangors were cross-compatible AoS releases, which the "2much Cayos!11!" crowd like to leave out.

He referenced Chaos receiving two Primarchs as being part of the problem, so I included the Triumvirates given that the Imperium received one. Oh right, and double the characters of either Xenos (3) and Chaos (0). So yes, they're relevant.

Chaos is receiving a bucket load of releases now because it's gone without anything for close to a decade (until Thousand Sons), unlike the steady diet of Imperial releases... but hey, GW are still doing all they can to keep up with that. Funny thing.

It speaks to the entitlement of certain Imperial/Space Marine players that another faction getting almost/as many kits as them is proof they need to be put on the backburner, as if they should be exempt from release glut.

If by 'imperial releases' you mean 'Space marines and admech only since like 96' then sure.

And it speaks to the entitlement of certain chaos players that they see fit to lump every 'good guy' army into 'imperium' while simultaneously complaining about people aggregating their barely differentiated subfactions. The fact that you can't tell the difference between Magnus/Mortarion and Voldus/Yhvraine is just cake.

Daemons and Tzaangors being cross compatible actually makes it WORSE btw because for anyone who plays both systems it feel like chaos got 7 major releases instead of just 4.

As for primaris and space marine releases in general, no they won't gather dust with no new stuff for long and yes, that is crazy annoying because they constantly get drowned in releases; but pretending that that's not just as true of chaos as primaris, at this point, is army bias coming out.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,208 posts
Hachi rumours from Advanced Tau tactica seem to be correct.
He also said new Ork Subfaction with minis December. Thats a long wait. Also SW august.
So I will assume Russ will be coming summer. And most likely new units for Primaris.

Edited by Sete, Today, 10:55 AM.

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 878 posts

Hachi rumours from Advanced Tau tactica seem to be correct.
He also said new Ork Subfaction with minis December. Thats a long wait. Also SW august.
So I will assume Russ will be coming summer. And most likely new units for Primaris.

So... Freebootas or feral/savage Orks? Either would be interesting.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,208 posts
Focused on speed the orks.

Edited by Sete, Today, 11:45 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

jimbo1701