Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Fetid Hand

death guard nurgle chaos space marines WIP daemons

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Hello all,

I'm starting this thread to document the progress of a returning player getting to grips with a new iteration of a Death Guard Army. First, a little backstory to my Plague legion....

Only the most fanatical of Nurgle’s worshipper’s may hope to gain the Grandfather’s favour. To that end, the ­Fetid Hand will never rest until each and every one of them have been witnessed by the Bringer of Plagues Himself. These warriors, clad in bone white plate and oozing the numerous blessings of Nurgle, are amongst the foulest of His followers. They are distinctly puritanical in their approach to the spreading of plague, not in the least content to sit back and let the spread of contagion gradually occur throughout the planets they turn their putrid gaze to. Instead, they seek to disperse their diseases with a disciplined fervour that is quite at odds with the majority of their heretic brothers.

The Fetid Hand take great delight in seeing their foes brought to their knees by the holy plagues that Nurgle has gifted, and will continue to spread the word of decay until they themselves are welcomed back to the bosom of Nurgle.

The idea behind my Death Guard are that they are, in essence, worshippers and priests of Nurgle. In the future, I plan to add either a detachment of Renegades and Heretics who would act as a more diverse cult of worshippers than the single Chaos Cultist unit allows, or a detachment of Chaos Daemons which would also reflect the religious nature of my warband. 

Anyway, on to some photos!

Balgroth, the Fallen Chaplain

chaplain unpainted 1
chaplain unpainted 2

Had a metal space marine chaplain lying around, so of course I had to putrefy him. The main modification I made was to replace his mace with a staff-like weapon. 

Rogue Psyker Coven

psyker coven

psyker 1
psyker2
psyker3
psyker4
psyker5

Probably a little premature as I won't be using these for a while, but here is my massively kitbashed coven. Ignore the tartan kilts... they are dust cloths saturated in glue that I am using for robes!

Anyway, that's a small intro to my force; more to come soon!

• brettfp likes this

'All is decay... All is ruin. To resist the Grandfather's blessings is to spurn life itself. Throw off the yoke of the Corpse God's oppression, and take up arms in the name of Nurgle. Only then will you find the truth that the Imperium so cruelly denies you.'

Book of Gehennon, Apostle of Nurgle

http://www.bolterand...the-fetid-hand/

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Balgroth is painted; first time I've painted something this small in around 8 years so expect improvements to be made. The idea I had around the parchment colour was for it to be made from skin; pretty heavily influenced by the Necrenomicon in the Evil Dead franchise.

chaplain painted 3
chaplain painted 2
chaplain painted 1

And here's a picture of some partially completed Plague marines and the rest of the 30 Power Level force I will be preparing for a GW learner battle in the next couple of weeks

30PL Army

Edited by Skeggold, 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM.

'All is decay... All is ruin. To resist the Grandfather's blessings is to spurn life itself. Throw off the yoke of the Corpse God's oppression, and take up arms in the name of Nurgle. Only then will you find the truth that the Imperium so cruelly denies you.'

Ahistorian

Ahistorian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
That chaplain conversion is ace!
  • Skeggold likes this

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Thank you mate, couldn't resist that evil skull head

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Finally have a small update; a painted squad of 5 Plague Marines. 

These models are the metal ones that GW used to make, and are not nearly so big or pustulent as the newest iteration of the GW plague marines. Still, would be a shame to waste them. Maybe they could be some lesser form of PM; initiates, perhaps?

old DG PM squad 1
Old DG PM Closeup 1
Old DG PM Closeup 2
Old DG champion closeup

More stuff to come !

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Just finishing up a conversion of the resin Dark Apostle model; The level of detail in this figure is fantastic, and I needed to convert one into a chaos lord for my religious Death Guard cult. Need to neaten up the piece a bit, but hopefully you get the idea;

Gehennon, Apostle of Nurgle

Dark Apostle Conversion 1

Dark Apostle Conversion 2

Can't wait to get this one painted

Edited by Skeggold, 20 January 2018 - 12:32 AM.

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Small update before I go away on a jolly for a week; 2nd Plague Marine Squad is mostly done, just need to finalise and base them. Gehennon is coming along nicely, although bringing out the detail on such a small miniature is slowly eating my brain.

The old metal PM squad I have is suffering badly from being dwarfed by the newer models, and having their arms fall off due to metal needing nothing short of epoxy to bond it properly. I think I may need to retire them, like they were supposed to 8 years ago....

But for now, small conversions!

Apothecary got a foul bundle of joy to ride atop his shoulder;

Apothecary with nurgling

And I converted two bolter marines to have makeshift blight launchers; my feeling with blight launchers is that they are re-purposed weapons that now spit canisters of pestilence on the enemy, so I've made some small modifications to the bolters to represent that.
blight launcher conversion 1
blight launcher conversion 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: death guard, nurgle, chaos, space, marines, WIP, daemons

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users