Hello all,

I'm starting this thread to document the progress of a returning player getting to grips with a new iteration of a Death Guard Army. First, a little backstory to my Plague legion....

Only the most fanatical of Nurgle’s worshipper’s may hope to gain the Grandfather’s favour. To that end, the ­Fetid Hand will never rest until each and every one of them have been witnessed by the Bringer of Plagues Himself. These warriors, clad in bone white plate and oozing the numerous blessings of Nurgle, are amongst the foulest of His followers. They are distinctly puritanical in their approach to the spreading of plague, not in the least content to sit back and let the spread of contagion gradually occur throughout the planets they turn their putrid gaze to. Instead, they seek to disperse their diseases with a disciplined fervour that is quite at odds with the majority of their heretic brothers.

The Fetid Hand take great delight in seeing their foes brought to their knees by the holy plagues that Nurgle has gifted, and will continue to spread the word of decay until they themselves are welcomed back to the bosom of Nurgle.

The idea behind my Death Guard are that they are, in essence, worshippers and priests of Nurgle. In the future, I plan to add either a detachment of Renegades and Heretics who would act as a more diverse cult of worshippers than the single Chaos Cultist unit allows, or a detachment of Chaos Daemons which would also reflect the religious nature of my warband. 

Anyway, on to some photos!

Balgroth, the Fallen Chaplain

chaplain unpainted 1

chaplain unpainted 2

Had a metal space marine chaplain lying around, so of course I had to putrefy him. The main modification I made was to replace his mace with a staff-like weapon. 

Balgroth is painted; first time I've painted something this small in around 8 years so expect improvements to be made. The idea I had around the parchment colour was for it to be made from skin; pretty heavily influenced by the Necrenomicon in the Evil Dead franchise.

Lk0ObH9.jpg

f3sKBfs.jpg

KxkRpWg.jpg
Edited by Skeggold

Finally have a small update; a painted squad of 5 Plague Marines. 

These models are the metal ones that GW used to make, and are not nearly so big or pustulent as the newest iteration of the GW plague marines. Still, would be a shame to waste them. Maybe they could be some lesser form of PM; initiates, perhaps?

old DG PM squad 1

Old DG PM Closeup 1

Old DG PM Closeup 2

Old DG champion closeup

More stuff to come !

Just finishing up a conversion of the resin Dark Apostle model; The level of detail in this figure is fantastic, and I needed to convert one into a chaos lord for my religious Death Guard cult. Need to neaten up the piece a bit, but hopefully you get the idea;

Gehennon, Apostle of Nurgle

Dark Apostle Conversion 1

Dark Apostle Conversion 2

Can't wait to get this one painted
Edited by Skeggold

Small update before I go away on a jolly for a week; 2nd Plague Marine Squad is mostly done, just need to finalise and base them. Gehennon is coming along nicely, although bringing out the detail on such a small miniature is slowly eating my brain.

The old metal PM squad I have is suffering badly from being dwarfed by the newer models, and having their arms fall off due to metal needing nothing short of epoxy to bond it properly. I think I may need to retire them, like they were supposed to 8 years ago....

But for now, small conversions!

Apothecary got a foul bundle of joy to ride atop his shoulder;

Apothecary with nurgling

And I converted two bolter marines to have makeshift blight launchers; my feeling with blight launchers is that they are re-purposed weapons that now spit canisters of pestilence on the enemy, so I've made some small modifications to the bolters to represent that.

blight launcher conversion 1

blight launcher conversion 2

• 1 month later...

So at last, some actual painted updates!

Plague Marine Squads;

4jACkWj.jpg

q8ygUXB.jpg

nMQdCGU.jpg

RGLosG2.jpg

My two Noxious Blightbringers;

Wjc07FA.jpg

IQXCkdR.jpg

Foul Blightspawn;

TeNYek1.jpg

ddhtx78.jpg

A chaos Lord I converted from another Noxious Blightbringer... The halberd was a pain to get positioned!

epBxLyS.jpg

And of course, no DG detachment would be complete without some Poxwalkers!

ytQRE4k.jpg

OieRz5C.jpg

FxTEsGy.jpg

E1PXBAa.jpg

More updates will be on the way! Working on a Chaos Daemons of Nurgle force for a tournament next month, so should be posting plenty of updates on those. For now, here is my unpainted Daemon Prince conversion;

l9709Oo.jpg

YVygrGN.jpg

~ Skeggold

Thanks guys. The Daemon Prince is the Khorgorath model from age of sigmar. Used a Rot Fly head and wings to make it more Nurgle, plus some random bits from the plaguebearer kits. I greenstuffed his belly and chest to hide the Khornate symbol, and crammed two nurgling heads/arms plus some maggots in his belly to make him look like he was birthing his followers. Should hopefully come through when painting!

Yeah the red at the moment needs some work. I think the glare of my light source distorts it a bit but I could definitely wash some druchii violet over and post back the results!