Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Sisters of Battle are better than Space Marines"

28 replies to this topic

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 344 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Penitent Spirit
Hey hey hey, thats space marine armour. Not space marines. The point is that sisters are better than marines, technology irrelevant ;)

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts

There was one thing I disagreed with him on.  Sisters armor is not 'nearly' as good as Marine armor, it is better.  It provides the same protection, and is thinner and lighter, thus allowing you more mobility.  (There might be some kind of force field generator in the boob plates.  That could  explain why they're so large.msn-wink.gif )

There was one thing I disagreed with him on.  Sisters armor is not 'nearly' as good as Marine armor, it is better.  It provides the same protection, and is thinner and lighter, thus allowing you more mobility.  (There might be some kind of force field generator in the boob plates.  That could  explain why they're so large.msn-wink.gif )

Sister armor is lighter because its not designed to enhance strength like space marine armor. in order to get the improved strength from power armor, you need the black carapace installed into your body to fully interface with the armor and enhance your strength. Sororitas power doesnt have the strength enhancement because they dont get the black carapace installed, so thats a lot of systems not installed in the armor allowing it to be smaller.

Space marine armor has a lot of technology, orbital communications and strength enhancement, filtration and environment systems (so they could fight in space or even underwater) that sororitas armor doesnt have. Sororitas power armor pretty much powers itself and has some local communication equipment on it but it doesnt have the environment and filtration systems, enhanced sensors and orbital comms that space marine power armor has. Not to mention space marine power armor can interface with weapon systems and other communication networks, giving them far more battlefield awareness.

So Sororitas get the 3+ armor save, but they dont get the +1 to strength or toughness like Astartes, not to mention tend to have less wounds on important models like HQ units.

Wait, stop!
Let's take the only set of manual that effectly shows different rules for the different pattern of Power Armor: the 40K RPG.
In the RPG the Sororitas PA is a Light pattern (than means it didn't affect your size, so Sisters still count as "medium") and deals 7 points of armor on the whole body but the chest plate that gives 8. Also it gives some strenght enhancement by 10 points.
The Aquila pattern SM PA, instead, is a Medium patter (it affects the size, making marines "hulking") and deals 8 points of armor on the whole body but the chest plate that gives 10 and it gives a +20 bonus to the strenght. Anyway due to the presence of the black carapace Space Marines are not affected by the negative effect of the hulking size (easier to be hitted) but only by the positive ones (a little speed bonus).
There are medium pattern of power armor for humans too and even heavy patterns (like the Iron pattern for Space Marines) that give even more protection and strenght bonuses but limits movement.

Anyway the +1 Strength and Toughness of the tabletop does not derive from the armor but by the physique of Space Marines: in the RPG they have the traits "Unnatural Strength" and "Unnatural Thoughtness" that makes them incredibly more powerful than an non-enhanced human.

Hey hey hey, thats space marine armour. Not space marines. The point is that sisters are better than marines, technology irrelevant msn-wink.gif

Also that. 

Edited by Ezr91aeL, 14 January 2018 - 11:09 AM.

L6MBaIH.jpgIPVMqRe.jpg

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,654 posts
  • Chapter Name: Neo Zeon
I've always thought that SoB power armour must be better constructed for providing similar protection with less material. I was kind of worried when the Prospero box game came out with different dice, as I thought maybe GW had found a way to make SoB armour saves better than carapace armour but worse than space marine power armour. 8th edition keeping d6s was a bit of a relief.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts

I've always thought that SoB power armour must be better constructed for providing similar protection with less material. I was kind of worried when the Prospero box game came out with different dice, as I thought maybe GW had found a way to make SoB armour saves better than carapace armour but worse than space marine power armour. 8th edition keeping d6s was a bit of a relief.

The Mk4 Maximus, for example, give a protection practically equal to the SoB PA having in the RPG the value of 7 (9 on the chest) against the 7 (8 on the chest) of the Sisterhood one, so don't worry.

L6MBaIH.jpgIPVMqRe.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users