Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Sisters of Battle are better than Space Marines"

57 replies to this topic

Mossback

Mossback

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Bloody Rose
"A closed mind is a pious mind." From the Hammer and Anvil book.
  • Fulkes and Beams like this

Canoness Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Ecclesiarchy! Our chief weapon is surprise!... Surprise and flame... flame and surprise... Our two weapons are flame and surprise... and bolters! Our three weapons are flame, and surprise, and bolters... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Hmf... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as flame, surpr... I'll come in again.

[She leaves]

Reg: [gamely] I didn't expect a kind of Empirical Ecclesiarchy.

[She bursts in again]

Canoness Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Ecclesiarchy!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: flame, surprise, bolters, an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor, and nice power armor - Oh damn!

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,997 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Penitent Spirit
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

"An open mind is like an open fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded"

"When the people forget their duty they are no longer human and become something less than beasts. They have no place in the bosom of humanity nor in the heart of the Emperor. Let them die and be forgotten"

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,943 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Raptors

Exactly. If you want to have someone who won't change sides for anything less than straight up possession, choose a Sister of Battle.

• Beams likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Hobby ADHD rules whatever project I'm working on this month/week/hour.

The Search for Knowledge: A Magos Malleus Paint Log

Zaemie

Zaemie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 690 posts
  • Location:South end of Tasmaina, where the Winters are cold and the Summers are rained out
  • Faction: Imperium

Exactly. If you want to have someone who won't change sides for anything less than straight up possession, choose a Sister of Battle.

Or, y’know, having The Emperor Himself tell ‘em to, as happened at the culmination or the Reign of Blood.
  • Servant of Dante likes this

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,476 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Valorous Heart
Like anything in 40k, the corruptability of Sisters is up to personal interpretation but my take on it is that it happens basically only in extreme curcumstabces to individual Sisters which seems to match what fluff we have (except for that one Ciaphas Cain book but that’s really not part of my headcanon).

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts
Didn't the Ciaphas Cain book just have an Inquisitor using psychic powers to control the Canoness and sort of vaguely direct the Sisters to help him? It didn't have them, like, worshipping Chaos or really being corrupted.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,476 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Valorous Heart
There was one where a psyker dude had mindcontrolled a whole order to the point that they were fighting alongside all sorts of chaos creatures against the Imperial Guard.

The inquisitor in that other book didn’t mind control anyone, he just tricked the Sisters because Sandy Mitchel wrote the Sisters like complete idiots. :P

To be fair I really like the Ciaphas Cain books, but every time they touch the Sisters at all it is just atrocious imo.

Edited by Servant of Dante, 27 February 2018 - 04:24 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users